KNOCK! KNOCK!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Is There a need To Buy A Striker In January?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:57 am

Yes - It Is Imperative
86%
Meh - Not Imperative?
7%
No - I'm with Arsene on this
7%
No - We need a CB before another striker
No votes

Total votes: 44

OneBardGooner

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Post by OneBardGooner »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... er-striker

Arsène Wenger says it is unlikely he will make a move for another striker in the January transfer window.

Wenger currently has three forwards at his disposal with Robin van Persie, Marouane Chamakh and Ju Young Park all vying for a starting place.

But despite the imminent loss of Chamakh to the Africa Cup of Nations, the Frenchman says he has no plans to bolster his squad.

"At the moment, I do nothing in January,â€

Madd Mark

Post by Madd Mark »

Nah........ Park and Ox can handle it should VP not feel like playing twice a week from now till May. No ned for a back-up top-notch NON CUP TIED striker. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Wenger should of taken Alex and Anelka on loan from Chelsea, instead of buying Mertersacker and Park

and in the summer, go out buy two world class players, instead of last minute panic buying

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Imperative to buy a striker.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Wenger still trying "to get away with it"

Tells us everything. Enjoy the easy on the eye victories against the likes of Wigan, cos this team has a cat in hell's chance of winning anything.

:roll:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

Not surprised in the least. We do badly need a striker to 1. take pressure off of RVP and 2. have a game-breaker when RVP isn't around.

It would also give Chamakh a little more breathing room because right now he's crumbling under the weight of expectation.

Post by 1989 »

MUST sign a striker. If he doesn't, he deserves shooting. He has cost us so many potential successes in recent times due to his lack of action in the January transfer window. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES, IDIOT. LEARN.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

If we dont then we dont stand a chance of winning anything and top 4 becomes extremely doubtful.

It really is as simple as that

MadRich

Post by MadRich »

Rosie_titters wrote:Wenger should of taken Alex and Anelka on loan from Chelsea, instead of buying Mertersacker and Park

and in the summer, go out buy two world class players, instead of last minute panic buying

And have Djourou as back up :shock:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

MadRich wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:Wenger should of taken Alex and Anelka on loan from Chelsea, instead of buying Mertersacker and Park

And have Djourou as back up :shock:
what just like we have at the moment, he should of got Alex in on loan and played him at CB alongside TV5 and have Koscienly either at RB or back up to Alex and TV5

Djourou will always be 4th choice CB

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I recently heard someone say "We're an injury to RVP away from being a Mid-Table team"....... and they're right, every time I see RVP meet with a heavy challenge my heart is in my mouth...all because AW won't admit to the fact he's got his transfers (what there are of them) WRONGGGGG!

..... :cry: :( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The Man City game proved that we do need another quality striker...I really believe we would have beaten City if we had a decent forward on the pitch.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Tin hat on but if I was Wenger I probably wouldnt sign a striker in January (sorry lads!)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Every cloud and all that.
When he doesn't sign anyone in January, we all KNOW it will cost us, and when we don't finish in the top 4, it will give everyone the right reason for Wenger to walk.
So one more shit season, no CL next year......will you accept it for a new manager?? :wink: