Andre Santos Injury

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I can't defend Wenger for his decisions last night

Vermaelen and Santos should not have been allowed to get on the plane!

the implications of the injury to Santos
1) the back 4 is disrupted AGAIN
2) we now face the prospect of going to City with Djourou as right back - that thought terrifies me :shock:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I only found out the result and fallout of this game about half 10 last night but I was confused to why we played TV5, Santos and to some extent didn't play Park. :roll:

Santos - our only LB left at this moment in time has now been injured leaving is us with either Iggy Miggy or TV5 to play there.

Personal opinion but I think it may be worth playing Iggy vs Everton to see how he does cos I thought he had a good game vs City in the CC last week. Seems a better fall back than a CB in my opinion.

augie

Post by augie »

STLgooner89 wrote:Good call Wenger, play our only fit actual fullback and best lb for a game that didn't matter. Would rather see Miquel play there instead of shuffling the lineup and allowing f*cking Djourou to come anywhere near the starting xi though.

Oh, and great news about roshitsky.

A lot of good and valid points on this thread but this post is bang on as far as I am concerned - right now I would rather play feo at right back than djouru and our first priority should be keeping that useless *word censored* out of the team :x I have to say that I actually thought miquel played well pushing on last night but has the turning capacity of the QE2 when it comes to running back to defend our goals :oops:
I am sure wenger and Arsenal will be very popular in switzerland of late - we took their first choice centre backs who had real potential (senderos and djouru) and coached every bit of defensive nous out of them :lol: :lol:

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

augie wrote:I would rather play feo at right back
this has been a soapbox of mine for a while
(even before he learnt to defend a bit)

I think Theo's best moments are running from deep
against opposition who play 1 up top why now play Ox with Theo overlapping?
alloutattack

Madd Mark

Post by Madd Mark »

I can't defend Wenger for his decisions last night

2) we now face the prospect of going to City with Djourou as right back - that thought terrifies me
+1
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

play miguel at LB

i think he has looked ok the few games he has played

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Tough times in defense.

I would stick with Vermaelen and Mertesacker in central defence and use Koscielny left back, but feel Wenger will use Vermaelen left back as he is good at going forward.

Key thing is for midfield of Song and Arteta and Ramsey to keep tight and shield the back four, especially Song who must keep his defensive wits about him.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Back four will be

Djourou :shock:
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Vermaelen

and if we don't beat Everton I will be furious

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

QuartzGooner wrote:Tough times in defense.

I would stick with Vermaelen and Mertesacker in central defence and use Koscielny left back, but feel Wenger will use Vermaelen left back as he is good at going forward.

Key thing is for midfield of Song and Arteta and Ramsey to keep tight and shield the back four, especially Song who must keep his defensive wits about him.
:high5:

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Red Member wrote:I can't defend Wenger for his decisions last night

2) we now face the prospect of going to City with Djourou as right back - that thought terrifies me :shock:
Never tought i'd agree with you, but i too couldn't understand why the fuck Santos and Vermaelen were on the pitch for a completely useless fixture. Those kind of shite decisions have been biting us in the arse over and over again and Wenger don't seem to be able to learn from it.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

only reconised LB who isn't injured and Wenger plays him - says it all about Wenger :roll: :roll:

and i don't want to see our best CB at LB :banghead: :banghead: What ever happened to Gavin Hoyte is he still on the books :lol: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Something that Steveo has said before, but you do wonder if Wenger is some sort of self harmer, don't you? :?

Playing Santos and Vermaelen was ridiculous, and has needlessly fucked up our defence again.

I wrote on the match thread before kick off that it seemed an unnecessary risk, and so it proved. Idiot.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

The only good that can come of this, is if it forces Wenger to buy a good player in January to fill the position.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Two days have almost passed and I'm still baffled as to why he would play our only fit left back.

Djourou will get destroyed by Baines on Sat if Djourou plays, id rather Miquel played on the other side as he could probably handle Coleman.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

What did he play Santos for???? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: fucking idiot :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: