THIERRY HENRY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonermc

THIERRY HENRY

Post by goonermc »

Apparently our Thierry has been overlooked AGAIN for the European footballer of the year award . Anyway, the official website believes it to be true. Fabio Cannavaro appears to be the front runner and he does have pretty good credentials, but, what a season TH14 had, top goalscorer in England, second only to Luca Toni in Europe, a Champions League and World Cup finalist and in my opionion the best player in any League last/this year. Thierry hasn't got
the recognition he deserves with certain awards because of the European press, particulaly the Spanish and Italian. I think that these two countrys have always looked down their noses at us, Especially since Heysel(an appalling tradgedy) when the powers that be kicked the dominant country out of Europe. I hope that i'm wrong and our captain gets the plaudits he deserves but i think this trend of overlooking the best the Premier League has to offer will continue.