Financial fair play rules

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Tomáš

Financial fair play rules

Post by Tomáš »

Dear All,
UEFA has published the so called:''Club licensing benchmarking report'' which is a key element to the financial fair play rules.
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/ ... 44182.html
The European Club Footballing Landscape is a document of 124 pages, and is published in four languages – English, French, German and Russian (to follow early February).
Not sure if I understand any of it :wink:
Well...let's discuss...

Cheers,
Thomas

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Sorry to say but 125 pages of bull. It wont happen because UEFA wont want the best players not to play in the competition. No Barcelona, Real Madrid, oh and Man City, and not to forget Chavski.

Arsenal and BVB will be ok though :banghead:

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

This cannot ever happen as if they try to enforce it then the wealthy owners will sponsor the away toilets for £400 million then that increases the turnover.
Keep dreaming Arsene..........

_James_

Post by _James_ »

So the 6% rise in ticket prices was to keep up with UEFA 6.6% increase in income. :wink:

Some of the photos of Arsenal players are strange, I thought they would be recent game pictures, I found one of someone wearing 7 who clearly isn't Rosicky.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

This is a load of crap

i hear from a reliable source that Man City are sponsering the penalty spot for 200m next season

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Be fascinating to see if they can enforce this.

Offside

Post by Offside »

I don't think anyone believes for a second that these rules will be enforced. UEFA won't have the guts to kick out one of their elite teams for failing to comply.

fadidaeus

Post by fadidaeus »

What you'll see is some clubs like us who'll be ultra conservative in meeting the FFP thinking they'll get an advantage when it's enforced only to see the other clubs (who are currently above the permitted levels) cut at the last moment & come in a penny below the limit. They've probably got teams of accountants & lawyers preparing for this & if our club thinks they're going to come out of this with an advantage they're going to be mistaken.

One of the key points of FFP is that wages of players signed before June 1st 2010 do not count for the first two years of FFP so off the top of my head I can't see any problem initially for a lot of teams, it'll only become tricky during the 3rd monitoring period in 2015(!) & by then I'm pretty sure they would have figured something out. There's a really good explanation here:
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/201 ... rs-010205/

OOKed

Post by OOKed »

Didn't they say on talkshite today that out of 650 clubs across Europe surveyed by UEFA only 13 or something failed the fair play rules ?

Doesn't that blow Arsene's prudence argument on the subject out of the water, as its a very low percentage and the majority of clubs are already within the benchmark ?

augie

Post by augie »

OOKed wrote:Didn't they say on talkshite today that out of 650 clubs across Europe surveyed by UEFA only 13 or something failed the fair play rules ?

Doesn't that blow Arsene's prudence argument on the subject out of the water, as its a very low percentage and the majority of clubs are already within the benchmark ?

Yeah but swansea,blackburn,fulham and wolves were amongst those 13 teams so when uefa fcuk them out then we will be dominant again :barscarf: :wink:

OOKed

Post by OOKed »

augie wrote:
OOKed wrote:Didn't they say on talkshite today that out of 650 clubs across Europe surveyed by UEFA only 13 or something failed the fair play rules ?

Yeah but swansea,blackburn,fulham and wolves were amongst those 13 teams so when uefa fcuk them out then we will be dominant again :barscarf: :wink:
The most guaranteed betting scheme : every season pick the three newly promoted teams and put a tenner on each winning when they play arsenal. With the rate its been happening over the past few years, you are guaranteed a good yield given the odds at bookmakers for each of them games.

Herd

FIFI FIFA FA

Post by Herd »

Mentioning FIFA and Fair play in the same sentence always makes me chuckle !

It's never going to happen ......end of !

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

Indeed, the figure for headline net losses in 2010 of €1.6bn,
following on from the previous record €1.2bn losses in 2009,
makes for pretty grim reading.

How can UEFA talk about that football is profitable in the first place?
Any company who makes these kinds of losses would be in serious trouble.
I don't see any notes in the report about the handling of so called Investors.
As probably the most of you I don't see that FFP will work ever.

Best wishes,
Thomas