Fuck it Im starting a transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AFCWozza

Post by AFCWozza »

Hmm, a link to a 21 year old striker Samuel Armenteros? Would be nice to see another striker brought in, scored 32 goals in 51 games in Dutch league for Herecules.. fuck knows if he is shite or good.. but he is a striker

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

AFCWozza wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
AFCWozza wrote:Maybe option D is the possibility of pulling an "Arshavin" type deal out of the bag.. i mean at the time, it was fairly unexpected and he was mooted as a "World Class" player.. shame he's a fat lazy piece of shite nowadays but thats life

Have you heard something or just hoping
More hope than expectation, but i wouldnt put it past Wenger.. all the comments about a signing being a "miracle" and very unlikely and all that bollocks, its all to feed the press.. we never have said we are or are not doing business thats just the way it is..

ArsenalAction on twitter posted...

Word floating around that we might make a BIG last min bid for a player #Arsenal have men working throughout the night #TransferdeadlinedayCould be a complete wind up, but for some strange reason i have a feeling we may be in for someone big like that Arshavin deal...

Lets get this wonderfully thought out thread up to 100 pages with stuff like this 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

AFCWozza wrote:Hmm, a link to a 21 year old striker Samuel Armenteros? Would be nice to see another striker brought in, scored 32 goals in 51 games in Dutch league for Herecules.. fuck knows if he is shite or good.. but he is a striker
Didn't he sing Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You in about 1985 ?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

AFCWozza wrote:Maybe option D is the possibility of pulling an "Arshavin" type deal out of the bag.. i mean at the time, it was fairly unexpected and he was mooted as a "World Class" player.. shame he's a fat lazy piece of shite nowadays but thats life
Not sure that transfer was 'unexpected' as there had been speculation that we were trying to sign him for weeks. Unless you mean 'unexpected' in the sense that we actually managed to pull it off, albeit at the last minute of the last day of the window.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal could make a last-gasp effort to bring 26-year-old striker Lukas Podolski from Cologne to Emirates Stadium.
Full story: Footybunker

richpye

Post by richpye »

Well I would be certainly delighted if we got Podolski, I get the feeling this one's more accurate.
Don't know anything about him but as a 4/5th choice Centreback can't be any worse than Squid?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ours-.html

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
AFCWozza wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

Have you heard something or just hoping
More hope than expectation, but i wouldnt put it past Wenger.. all the comments about a signing being a "miracle" and very unlikely and all that bollocks, its all to feed the press.. we never have said we are or are not doing business thats just the way it is..

ArsenalAction on twitter posted...

Word floating around that we might make a BIG last min bid for a player #Arsenal have men working throughout the night #Transferdeadlineday

Could be a complete wind up, but for some strange reason i have a feeling we may be in for someone big like that Arshavin deal...
Don't tell Sammy.......Goetze's arriving :D
And don't tell frank = joe cole is arriving. :shock: :wink:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

It's a bit odd that half the Premier league are playing tonight.

Could make for an interesting tatical diverson/last minute bids through tonight's injuries.
Any player that Liverpool, Utd, Spurs, Citeh or the Chavs were interested in we should bid during there games.
Watch how the directors come out of the tunnel to pass the message on to the managers. Could be interesting diversion simply to take their eye of the game. :lol:

For example we could distract Utd and bid for Snejder. :lol: :lol:

What happends to the clubs medical staff (not physio's)? Do they stay at the training grounds tonight and not with the teams?

augie

Post by augie »

Everton agree deal for rangers striker and also agree deal for some sweedish defender but that deal is dependent on having enough money left after everton striker deal - if ever there was a club and it's players were ripe for the picking it is everton 8) Surely baines and rodwell would be gettable for any respectable offer ?
FFS wenger can you actually surprise us and get your cheque book out :roll: :evil: :banghead:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

sky sorces say Arshavin could be on his way out hopefully that should mean we are bringing someone in

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

swimmer1 wrote:sky sorces say Arshavin could be on his way out hopefully that should mean we are bringing someone in
We did yesterday that 19 year old from Dortmund. What more do people want? :roll:

Unless....
"He's on his way, He's on his way!
Mario Gotze is on his way!"
:wink: :lol:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

sorry forgot 8-9 mill for Arshavin and we spend 500k about right

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

swimmer1 wrote:sorry forgot 8-9 mill for Arshavin and we spend 500k about right
Couple of interest point about this...

Firstly Andrey was negatative in an interview regarding them. :?
Also the Russian dealine isn't until next month so hence why it might be the first enquiry.

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

can't see the point in that with cl football coming up better to see now or not at all

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

so 46 pages in with 6 hours to go and it looks like all we've signed is a Ginger Fucking German.

So how how did this thread work out for everybody then? :lol:

I think transfer threads should now be henceforce automatically locked by Admins.