something changed after AA23 left

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Delorean Dor's

Re: something changed after AA23 left

Post by Delorean Dor's »

I think it has more to do with us scoring more than the opposition.

maddog

Post by maddog »

Ros seems to have a massive boost since little lazy left...

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arshavin had already started to become a bit part player long before the surge in recent form, so I wouldn't say it has much to do with him leaving as the Ox had already played starring roles in defeats to the likes of the Mancs

Personally I've been relieved to see the big useless German lump out of the team, and I have no doubt that Suarez would have made his life a misery up at Anfield, and I doubt he would have had the same attacking presence in the box that TV5 and Koscielny have shown to earn us points (unlikely to have scored that 95th minute against the barcodes). A few people have accused me of being too harsh on the guy but honestly, I have watched him outjumped, outpaced and outmuscled so often this season, it has been a pleasure to see two centre backs that can at least run at pace and put their bodies on the line

Ramsey also needed to be taken out of the side, and Rosicky's upturn in form has been a massive bonus because as much as Ramsey was playing poorly I thought we were lacking options in that area with Jack and the great Abou still missing.

augie

Post by augie »

In fairness Steve O, our defense was frequently ripped apart that day at anfield but the useless c**ts couldn't score for them :lol: :lol:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

I agree with the Ramsey point, he hasnt improved as much as I thought he would have. Arshavin leaving probably did help to buck some players ideas up I suppose. The way Rosicky and RVP are playing though is whats earned us these victories more than any other factors in my opinion.

doritobrother

Post by doritobrother »

Apparently Arshavin's doing not too badly for Zenit.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

doritobrother wrote:Apparently Arshavin's doing not too badly for Zenit.
Really? I heard a week or 2 ago it wasnt really happening for him over there either. Apparently they said he was 5 kg's overweight and wasnt trying hard enough in training, so he was being played as a sub :roll: Whats wrong with the bloke so much talent but he seems determined to waste it

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

flash gunner wrote:
doritobrother wrote:Apparently Arshavin's doing not too badly for Zenit.
Really? I heard a week or 2 ago it wasnt really happening for him over there either. Apparently they said he was 5 kg's overweight and wasnt trying hard enough in training, so he was being played as a sub :roll: Whats wrong with the bloke so much talent but he seems determined to waste it
Wenger Murdered him

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:In fairness Steve O, our defense was frequently ripped apart that day at anfield but the useless c**ts couldn't score for them :lol: :lol:
True....although didn't you think that the period we looked most assured was during Abou's little cameo ?

armchair

Post by armchair »

SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:In fairness Steve O, our defense was frequently ripped apart that day at anfield but the useless c**ts couldn't score for them :lol: :lol:
True....although didn't you think that the period we looked most assured was during Abou's little cameo ?
Gotta agree.
The group I was standing with actually commented on how we kept our shape better and the victims weren't cutting through as easily since Diaby came on.

But what do I know - when Arseshavin came on against Sunderland I was giving him dogs abuse. A gooner in front of me turned and tried to tell me off for not "supporting the team". Of course I told him to "mind his own". :box:
3 minutes later Arseshavin put the ball on TH12's toe for the winner. Did I feel like a right c*nt? :oops:
Especially when the guy in front turned round and we started hugging and kissing like maniacs and falling over everyone. :barscarf: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Fact is, we're now playing football at pace, not just tappy tappy knock it around for 15 mins before getting to the box. That was AWFUL football and so unproductive. Now we've gone back to a faster game with more incisive passing, we're winning.

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

Defensively we are better. Full backs get good cover, and I don't want that to change.

And I heard Zenit fans believe Andrei is a bit too heavy to play well. No suprise there!