Championship Promotion

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Re: Championship Promotion

Post by Dan_85 »

Reading promoted.

Now, I need 6 tickets for me & all my mates please 8)

Chips and Chocolate

Championship play-offs

Post by Chips and Chocolate »

With Reading going back to the top flight and Southampton's promotion all but confirmed who do you want to go up through the play-offs (West Ham, Brum, Blackpool, Cardiff or Middlesbrough at a push)?
I'd go for a beano in Blackpool, and I'll be staying in the Northwest next year so local game. The rest can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Would be great to see West Ham cock up after being comfortable for the majority of the season. Birmingham dull as fuck and Boro: zzzzzzzzz

augie

Post by augie »

Personally I hope the shammers crash and burn with their fat walrus c**t manager :evil: :evil:

I don't like the brummies and aparently even in Birmingham the blues are known as scumbags, but I like Chris hughton and feel he got badly shafted by the barcodes so I wouldn't begrudge him personally going up

Cardiff are another traditionally scumbag team so don't want to see them promoted

That leaves blackpool and the madcap holloway who I would like to see return to the prem - just a word of warning this time Ollie, if you want your team to be taken more seriously (as you suggested when you lost your rag previously) then maybe ease back on the comic routine eh ?

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

as long as Birmingham dont get promoted I will be quite happy

Rocky Number Seven
Location: North Bank, Turnstile D, Block 7, Row 8, Seat 225 / Essex

Post by Rocky Number Seven »

Boro and Brum can jog right on, dont want either of those coming up.

For purpose of aways wouldnt mind Blackpool if we were guarenteed a summer fixture for weekender, but as we cant I'd take Cardiff as miss the days out we had there and then the spammers as its only up the road from me.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Brum of Cardiff :barscarf: :barscarf:

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

I really like saints, hope they come up in the automatic spot. Good fans on the whole, a decent history and a nice easy away trip for me! :lol:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Middlesborough and Hull

:barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Looks like Portsmouth will be officially relegated today.

Another pat on the back for Harry, greatest manager in the world, Redknapp.

Took the money, and built a house upon the sand and now it all comes tumbling down

Was winning the FA cup and having 1 day in the sun really worth it ??

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

StuartL wrote:Looks like Portsmouth will be officially relegated today.

Another pat on the back for Harry, greatest manager in the world, Redknapp.
Took the money, and built a house upon the sand and now it all comes tumbling down

Was winning the FA cup and having 1 day in the sun really worth it ??

harry the greatest manager ever according to certain posters on here(well that was the opinion of some few months ago but hasnt been mentioned recently :wink: )

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Fuck promotion, the big news is that finally that utter fucking scum, those fucking cheating *word censored* from Coventry have gone down to fucking league one. Whilst we're drawing away to Villa they lost to Doncaster, fucking have that Jimmy Hill you utter fucking *word censored*, you fucking cheating *word censored*. Watch the skies over Southampton when they play their last championship game, our fans have already pledged £400 of the £600 we need for a fly past, and the rest will follow now its confirmed. Cheats never prosper, karma for 77

The coventry thread on our site now has over 2000 posts, and we're getting banned left right and centre on their forum. Its been a long time coming but its the best thing to happen to it in a long time

Jimmy Hill 1928- can't come soon enough

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Leicester 1 up against west ham.Soton automatically promoted if west ham dont win.

1-1 now

southampton gooner

Post by southampton gooner »

Come on Saints. Been top most of season now need a win on last day of season to go up :banghead:
Saints and Reading up is great for me. I can walk to St marys (via a few pubs) and reading aint a bad drive.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Congratulations to Southampton, nice club and I have many fond memories of matches against them.

Wright' debut hat trick at the Dell
Bergkamp 1st goals for us
Wright hattrick last day of the North Bank
Pires hat trick including a delicious lob + Pennant too in the 6-1 thrashing