McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sutch

Re: McDowell's VANITY 'Rumours' Thread

Post by Sutch »

Spot on Baba, I remember before Fabregas went there were suggestions we wanted Alcantara back. Nope we end up selling Cesc for 20m less than his worth. Great econimical genius we have in charge here eh :roll:

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

OneBardGooner wrote:This is just getting worse and worse and worse................until there is a total change in manager and club ownership it will continue...it makes me want to despair and my fucking blood boil.... no wonder some people go on a shooting spree with an Uzi 9ml or whatever the fuck they use......

HOW MUCH LONGER CAN WE STAND THIS.....It makes me want to walk away for good. :cry:
The answer has been said over and over again, the only way to save the club is relentless protests at both Wenger and the board. I would also say people should vote with their feet and refuse to attend home games but if that happened some other JCL would replace them. Until serious protests begin, nothing will change. And by serious protests I mean for people to target the problem and reject any offer the board give for meetings or whatever.

Fan pressure is effective and sadly underused at this club.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Sutch wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:This is just getting worse and worse and worse................until there is a total change in manager and club ownership it will continue...it makes me want to despair and my fucking blood boil.... no wonder some people go on a shooting spree with an Uzi 9ml or whatever the fuck they use......

HOW MUCH LONGER CAN WE STAND THIS.....It makes me want to walk away for good. :cry:
The answer has been said over and over again, the only way to save the club is relentless protests at both Wenger and the board. I would also say people should vote with their feet and refuse to attend home games but if that happened some other JCL would replace them. Until serious protests begin, nothing will change. And by serious protests I mean for people to target the problem and reject any offer the board give for meetings or whatever.

Fan pressure is effective and sadly underused at this club.
I fully agree Sutch, the only problem is you'll never get people not to go. I wonder if some suitably worded abuse at the directors box might get their attention... or is that simply too un-Arsenal like. I remember the north bank giving it 'Neill out' chants back in the early 80s but can't remember too much in the way of open dissent since then.

shu

Post by shu »

Spot on Baba , same fucking stuff every year, when are we going to offload the dross. All this RVP talk , well I guess the season ticket money does not need to be in yet ?

Someone said Dempsey , Ba and others could end up at shite hart lane , you know probably true

Wenger is a twat

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Offloading the dross is easier said than done as we all know they have stupidly been put on big contracts before any of them have actually earned it.

That is the biggest problem at the club not waiting for transfers to happen, trying to.find clubs stupid enough to take them is the biggest issue.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Offloading the dross is easier said than done as we all know they have stupidly been put on big contracts before any of them have actually earned it.

That is the biggest problem at the club not waiting for transfers to happen, trying to.find clubs stupid enough to take them is the biggest issue.
Yeah but surely we've got to take the hit in the form of a reduced transfer fee and be done with them. Otherwise, who knows, AW might just be tempted to start playing some of them again. None of them want to come back to fight for their place anyway or maybe they have just twigged that Arsenal are no great shakes anymore!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Don't hold your breath mate, read a blog today about Vela where they reckon a club wants to buy him for.3m but we want 8 and it may break down.

Says it all don't it.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Yeah, I saw that too. Real Sociedad aren't the richest of clubs so £3 - £5m seems fair. I just hope they let him go for his sake as he has scored a fair few goals for them and deserves a chance elsewhere. To think he was a starter for the Mexican national side before AW got his hands on him, force fed him through his front line system and screwed him over. Good luck to him I say.

augie

Post by augie »

Chairman of Lyon has confirmed that Hugo Lloris is available for transfer this summer - would people's (fans) loyalty to chesney rule that out or would we prefer to see an experienced proven international who is in top 3 keepers in the world as our number 1 ? :? Not gonna happen in a million years I know but then again 98% of what is in this thread won't happen and I would like to know where people would go on this if situation did arise

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

augie wrote:Chairman of Lyon has confirmed that Hugo Lloris is available for transfer this summer - would people's (fans) loyalty to chesney rule that out or would we prefer to see an experienced proven international who is in top 3 keepers in the world as our number 1 ? :? Not gonna happen in a million years I know but then again 98% of what is in this thread won't happen and I would like to know where people would go on this if situation did arise
I think Chesney is a good GK, but I think he still needs to learn a lot of his "trade". I think he is caught out of position too many times and his distribution is poor, but I like his attitude and think that in the long term he will prove to be a good gk for Arsenal. Having said that, I would be all for getting a more experienced keeper in ahead of him - someone he can learn from and still play a few games each season for the next few years.
Will Lloris be in the market at a good price? Would the CIC even consider buying another gk? If I was in charge, I would definitely look into the deal......but we have a very worrying manager at the moment. Maybe that he's French helps a bit, but I would like Lloris at AFC.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:experienced proven international who is in top 3 keepers in the world as our number 1
I don't know much about Hugo Loris as I don't follow the French league, but assuming you're right about him being in the top 3 keepers in the world (along with Hart and Casillas?) then YES I'd like to have him.

Can't see us signing him though.

Post by 1989 »

Lloris is hugely overrated.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

1989 wrote:Lloris is hugely overrated.
so he's not top 3? :rubchin:

Oh, I give up. :lol:

I've only seen him once for France and he dropped a clanger :oops: :oops:

Anyway, IF he's top class then I'd want him... if not, then no. 8)

Post by 1989 »

g88ner wrote:
1989 wrote:Lloris is hugely overrated.
so he's not top 3? :rubchin:

Oh, I give up. :lol:

I've only seen him once for France and he dropped a clanger :oops: :oops:

Anyway, IF he's top class then I'd want him... if not, then no. 8)
Not even top 10 imo.

Casillas
Neuer
Hart
Buffon
Valdes
Cech
Julio Cesar
Stekelenburg
Akinfeev
Handanovic

They're all better

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Don't hold your breath mate, read a blog today about Vela where they reckon a club wants to buy him for.3m but we want 8 and it may break down.

Says it all don't it.
Now I'm no master negotiator but at that point dont they compromise to 5m?

Cant really see the point in playing hardball over carlos fucking vela :roll: