THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov and Finance

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
georgeknows89

Re: USMANOV/KROENKE/DEIN/HILL-WOOD/THE BOARD

Post by georgeknows89 »

Can we all forget talk of Henry Norris, George Graham, DD DB10 and the late DF and just focus on where we are and where we want to be ?

If there is a pro Usmanov slant to any moans groans or protest then let me throw this into the pot.

The club will object to or stop any form of banners or protest signs or t shirts or even badges or scarves and perhaps include the orrible black scarf concept BUT it is very hard and indeed would be hilarious if they tried to stop a banner or whatever that said simply

RED & WHITE. After all it is merely our colours and they do not have copyright over colours ?

We could turn up at a game ,( and I still say we defer until Chelsea rather than the opening game because Tbh by then our league season might over anyway but if instead we are top and everyone loves Arsene SK IG by then we can swerve it.)

If we all turn up in unison for opening game being positive but then spread the word and drum up support, it will also filter back to the club and we can have a massive build up to September 29th and it will be interesting to see what the club says or does in advance

"anyone entering the ground with a white banner saying RED & WHITE will be refused entry !"

A sea of flags or banners or whatever that merely are red and white and say just say RED & WHITE will see everyone supporting the club and the colours but as we all know raising the awareness of the RED & WHITE name ?

Thoughts on a postcard on this must be better then talking about PHW etc.

Amusing side thought is that Red And White has the initials RAW which is exactly what they are getting in relation to a seat on the board ... a RAW deal

augie

Post by augie »

EDITTED BY MOD Like the rest of the c**ts in the boardroom, he was very outspoken about being custodians of the club and how no one man should ever own the club but it is funny how quick that changed when the $$$$ were waved in front of them :roll: :evil:

In life we all seem to way lyrical about people after they die and tbh that bullshit sickens my arse - if you are a wanker when you are alive then you should be still classed as one when you die and personally this canonisation of fizsman disgusts me :evil: :evil: :evil:

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

Augie,

Perhaps our posts overlapped, agree agree agree but it don't change where we are just explains how we got here !

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

georgeknows89 wrote:CAN ANYONE FROM DEAD ACTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF WHEN THEY, STILLMAN AND PAYTON NEXT HAVE A DELAWARE NORTH CUP OF TEA AND BISCUIT WITH IVAN WHETHER THEY CAN GET PERMISSION FOR A.....

" LOVE ARSENAL HATE HILL WOOD " BANNER TO PERHAPS BE PUT UP AT THE CHELSEA GAME IN SEPTEMBER ?

APPROPRIATE OPPOSITION AS LAST HOME LEAGUE GAME BEFORE THE AGM IN OCTOBER TO SHOW THE CLUB OUR FEELINGS ??

ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LIKE

FLASH THE CASH PLEASE STAN ? - DONT THINK 'FU*K OF YANK" WILL BE ACCEPTABLE
Stillman and Payton are from AST not RedAction.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Augie

I am respectful of what Dein brought to the club, but can anyone blame Fiszman for sacking him?
None of us know exactly what happened but if it is what is supposed then no way could the board allow Dein to continue.
Where the club went majorly wrong was not appointing a successor to Dein for about 18 months.

The Lady Nina situation is shrouded in mystery, how can we pass comment to any great extent?
What I can say is that it is not as if Lady Nina was a major influence on Arsenal over the years, she was very much a newcomer, even if her shares were not.

No one has answered me how Fiszman was so different from any other board member other than Dein.

As far as I am concerned the board set up a very good model for operating and a new stadium based on conditions in 1999.

As soon as Abramovich took ownership of Chelsea, and further from when Mourinho was appointed, there was a fundamental shift in how football clubs could achieve success.

The board are now operating on a model that has

1.) Been superceded
2.) Yet to fully kick into gear because we are still paying off debt, and because Fair Play Regulations have yet to fully kick in.
3.) Is dependent on the effective implementation of Fair Play, which will only be seen in the future if it can be policed properly.

At this very moment in time, the most probable way to get success is a filthy rich owner who chucks cash at the club.

In ten years time it may not be so.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Quartz fella ,
I dont hate him nor Duffer of Hillwood ,or Dein for what they are anymore than I hate mosquitoes for
being mosquitoes ,they both do what they where born to do...... suck blood !

What I hate is what they have done to the Arsenal Football Club.

Owned by a foreign owner whose only interest is to trouser money !
Playing in a soulless bowl after knocking down my spiritual home !

Nothing more nothing less mate I hope you can see that !

There is no debate about the Berkamp Deal ,I know all about that deal for reasons I will not say EDITTED BY MOD
There is nothing to do now except pray for salvation from 20 years of mediocrity beyond measure,at least if we were at Highbury I could sulk at home !

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

If Financial Fair Play rules fail then we will be a step behind the others for ever and ever unless there is a massive change in the operating model of the club.

Herd

Post by Herd »

QuartzGooner wrote:If Financial Fair Play rules fail then we will be a step behind the others for ever and ever unless there is a massive change in the operating model of the club.
Forgive my cynicism Mr Quartz but FFP will NOT happen therefore I share your vision of the future !
BTW I Love Mr Hillwoods comeback saying there are massive penalties for early repayments of the loan .
Does anyone know any bank that wouldn't take hard cash without penalty in today's environment????
Any deal can be renegotiated and I'm very sure they would love some cashback right now !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd, this is all speculation and allegations that NO ONE on here can back up with proof - so please stop posting this shit on here before you get us closed down.

You simply cannot present something as fact with the caveat “but I can’t give the proof”. We get the whole you presenting yourself as some kind of hardcore ex-hooligan that has insider knowledge of the club, and hangs out with ex-players and celebrities and all that old pony, we get it. Every internet forum has one, I'd imagine. But please stop posting these allegations unless you can supply proof you would be happy to present publicly in a libel court. Hearsay and rumour are NOT proof.

Any more libellous allegations and this thread will be deleted and you will get a temporary ban. Call it censorship or whatever, I just don’t care. It’s shit like this that will get this forum permanently shut down. I am now going to start editting alot of comments on this thread.

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie, edited one of your posts too.

Will probably edit more off this thread. To everyone; personal opinion is fine, but do not present libellous comment as fact please. Think before you post.

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:Herd, this is all speculation and allegations that NO ONE on here can back up with proof - so please stop posting this shit on here before you get us closed down.

You simply cannot present something as fact with the caveat “but I can’t give the proof”. We get the whole you presenting yourself as some kind of hardcore ex-hooligan that has insider knowledge of the club, and hangs out with ex-players and celebrities and all that old pony, we get it. Every internet forum has one, I'd imagine. But please stop posting these allegations unless you can supply proof you would be happy to present publicly in a libel court. Hearsay and rumour are NOT proof.

Any more libellous allegations and this thread will be deleted and you will get a temporary ban. Call it censorship or whatever, I just don’t care. It’s shit like this that will get this forum permanently shut down. I am now going to start editting alot of comments on this thread.

Dear DB10 ,i can back ANY allegation with hard fact in fact i invite a law suit on this particular one ,please contact me and il give you my full name and details is that enough for ya ........ !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Herd, this is all speculation and allegations that NO ONE on here can back up with proof - so please stop posting this shit on here before you get us closed down.

Dear DB10 ,i can back ANY allegation with hard fact in fact i invite a law suit on this particular one ,please contact me and il give you my full name and details is that enough for ya ........ !
Look, Herd mate. Maybe you can, maybe you can't. I have no way of knowing. But this is not the place for it. Surely you can see that? There is no problem with you expressing personal opinion once it is clearly just that, but we have to be careful where we name individuals and then write unproven allegations of wrongdoing about them. Just be careful what you post, that's all I'm asking, ok?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Understood but I stand by it and am prepared to fight anything ,and i do have a house to defend !

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

Herd,

I can swing both ways mate , from Denton to David Dein and we can all tell stories and back them up but in trying to be objective on this I don't see what any of this achieves and agree with DB10 etc

If we take on board the assumption that everyone has acted in their own best interests historically ( even if they haven't)then we still roll the facts forward to today and that is all that matters.

We have Billionaire ( maybe ) 1 who owns 66% of AFC
We have Billionaire ( deffo ) 2 who owns 29.9999999% of AFC

We are all frustrated and angry at how this has come about and we can all point fingers in the playground and throw stones but it doesn't achieve anything.

The 1 fact about all those mentioned is that DD is a Gooner and in spite of everything still just turns up every game at club level in block 44 and cheers us on through thick and thin.He cares a lot more than many and maybe things didn't go to plan with his share sale and wheeling and dealing but he is a proper fan.

DONT LOOK BACK LOOK FORWARD

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm not arguing with anyone nor do I wish in any way to bring this board down but my statement which was directed at Mr Quartz I stand by in whole and undiluted form ,MODS PLEASE delete what u want if you think it hurts the board but I can defend anything I say (bar knowing the dalai lama or vinny Jones ):wink: !

David Dein loves David Dein,but I grant you he has more ambition for the club than the currant custodians !