THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Arsene Wenger - For/Against/Indifferent?

Post by TeeCee »

You could always pop down and watch Grays which is owned by the famous ICF fella !
It's a bit of a trek for me now as I moved a few weeks ago to West Sussex.......I may take in a Brighton game now though!!

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Tempted to sod off down to Lodge Road and watch Yate play a bit more often when we are away, especially after our excellent FA Cup run. :lol:

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

This comment has been removed by moderators

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

What did he say? What did he say? :rubchin: :rubchin:

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Haha, I saw that on Twitter last night :

'On online forums, post the comment 'This comment has been removed by Moderators' to freak out the Moderators.

8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

TheCook wrote:Haha, I saw that on Twitter last night :

'On online forums, post the comment 'This comment has been removed by Moderators' to freak out the Moderators.

8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant.

But you are now banned for shit-stirring. :evil:

:wink: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Revgoon89 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:From BBC:

New Zealand's Dominion Post carries a piece criticising All Blacks hooker Andrew Hore's failure to apologise for knocking Wales lock Bradley Davies unconscious during Saturday's match in Cardiff.

The paper also attacked head coach Steve Hansen for his silence on the incident. It reads: "The All Blacks coach, like many of his predecessors, clearly suffers from Arsene Wenger syndrome, an unfortunate irritation of the optic nerve that causes temporary blindness when watching your own team."

Do you think the writer's just having a bit of light-hearted fun about Wenger's "I didn't see it", or is he also extremely frustrated by Wenger persisting with the same underachieving players and rigid tactics despite all visible evidence to the contrary? :lol: :rubchin:
In fairness he's a Kiwi so he was probably balls deep in a sheep when he wrote it. :lol: :wink:
Ahh no wonder I identified with it so much then :lol:
You would get on with my mother then. :lol:
Go on... :rubchin: :twisted: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Revgoon89 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:From BBC:

New Zealand's Dominion Post carries a piece criticising All Blacks hooker Andrew Hore's failure to apologise for knocking Wales lock Bradley Davies unconscious during Saturday's match in Cardiff.

The paper also attacked head coach Steve Hansen for his silence on the incident. It reads: "The All Blacks coach, like many of his predecessors, clearly suffers from Arsene Wenger syndrome, an unfortunate irritation of the optic nerve that causes temporary blindness when watching your own team."

Do you think the writer's just having a bit of light-hearted fun about Wenger's "I didn't see it", or is he also extremely frustrated by Wenger persisting with the same underachieving players and rigid tactics despite all visible evidence to the contrary? :lol: :rubchin:
In fairness he's a Kiwi so he was probably balls deep in a sheep when he wrote it. :lol: :wink:
:lol:

I too am intrigued... :rubchin:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

DB10GOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
Revgoon89 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol:

I too am intrigued... :rubchin:
Rebel's already swimming across the Irish Sea shouting "Bagsy second go after Northbank!"

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

8)
:evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be honest when I read the initial post I thought something was wrong as our moderators tend to put their name to the deletion and send the poster of the comments a PM. :? :? Then again, this new lot haven't been trained properly (see Quartz's I fucked up thread as proof) so I was willing to believe that my .... I mean our high standards had temporarily slipped. :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ng-special

Arsène Wenger believes his side showed “something special spirit-wise” in their 1-1 draw at Everton on Wednesday night.

Despite taking the lead at Goodison Park through Theo Walcott, Arsenal had to settle for a point after Marouane Fellaini’s fine long-range equaliser.

While Wenger was disappointed not to secure a win, he insists he was pleased with the character his side demonstrated.

“I am satisfied with the total commitment we have shown and the fact we at least came out with a point, which is a fair result,” he told Arsenal Player.

“I have some regrets because we were leading, and also because we had some opportunities in the second half to score.

“We missed a little bit of accuracy in our final ball, but overall to come away from here with a point you need something special spirit-wise and we have shown that.”

The Gunners have now gone six games without defeat, and Wenger is confident they will soon start to rise up the table.

“We have played 14 games, eight away from home and in some difficult places, so it is now down to us to win our home games and we will come back,” he said.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Wengerball wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ng-special

Arsène Wenger believes his side showed “something special spirit-wise” in their 1-1 draw at Everton on Wednesday night.

Despite taking the lead at Goodison Park through Theo Walcott, Arsenal had to settle for a point after Marouane Fellaini’s fine long-range equaliser.

While Wenger was disappointed not to secure a win, he insists he was pleased with the character his side demonstrated.

“I am satisfied with the total commitment we have shown and the fact we at least came out with a point, which is a fair result,” he told Arsenal Player.

“I have some regrets because we were leading, and also because we had some opportunities in the second half to score.

“We missed a little bit of accuracy in our final ball, but overall to come away from here with a point you need something special spirit-wise and we have shown that.”

The Gunners have now gone six games without defeat, and Wenger is confident they will soon start to rise up the table.

“We have played 14 games, eight away from home and in some difficult places, so it is now down to us to win our home games and we will come back,” he said.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

He makes me feel fucking sick! With comments like that its no wonder the players don’t seem to give a shit and settle for draws like it’s a fucking achievement

I seriously hate wenger so much its making me never want to go, even away games

I just hope the pressure build so it makes the wanker ill

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

Fook me- just after reading the last bit of drivel from ODL off pravda I see this steaming pile of shite

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -mentality

Thomas Vermaelen has hailed his side’s mentality after they claimed a hard-fought point at Everton on Wednesday night.

The Gunners took the lead through Theo Walcott’s early strike, before Marouane Fellaini drew the hosts level with a fine effort from 20 yards.

Arsenal were put under real pressure in the second half, but held on for a share of the spoils to the satisfaction of their captain.

“Every time when you come here, you have to fight really hard for the points,” Vermaelen told Arsenal Player. “You know it will be physical battle, with the likes of Fellaini and Jelavic up front.

“In the first minute we scored a good goal, and after that we dominated but gave them chances because we were a little bit sloppy with the ball. That was a bit disappointing.

“In the second half we were a little bit dangerous but didn't create too many chances. In the end we got a point, I don't know if we should be happy with that or not.

“Mentality-wise, there is nothing wrong with the team. Everybody works hard and there is no one who doesn't work for the team, and that will give you results. From that point of view I am very happy.

It seems Wengeritis is spreading amongst the players. :shock:

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Wengerball wrote:Fook me- just after reading the last bit of drivel from ODL off pravda I see this steaming pile of shite

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -mentality

Thomas Vermaelen has hailed his side’s mentality after they claimed a hard-fought point at Everton on Wednesday night.

The Gunners took the lead through Theo Walcott’s early strike, before Marouane Fellaini drew the hosts level with a fine effort from 20 yards.

Arsenal were put under real pressure in the second half, but held on for a share of the spoils to the satisfaction of their captain.

“Every time when you come here, you have to fight really hard for the points,” Vermaelen told Arsenal Player. “You know it will be physical battle, with the likes of Fellaini and Jelavic up front.

“In the first minute we scored a good goal, and after that we dominated but gave them chances because we were a little bit sloppy with the ball. That was a bit disappointing.

“In the second half we were a little bit dangerous but didn't create too many chances. In the end we got a point, I don't know if we should be happy with that or not.

“Mentality-wise, there is nothing wrong with the team. Everybody works hard and there is no one who doesn't work for the team, and that will give you results. From that point of view I am very happy.

It seems Wengeritis is spreading amongst the players. :shock:

Wengeritis has spread to some players. But many grow out of it and wake up and realise that wenker is a fucking clown

Theo has woken up and so has sagna

Next season it will be Jack

Please wenker just fuck off back to france