Superbowl XLVII

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: Superbowl XLVII

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:You insular ignorant w**kers just don't appreciate what a great sport American football is :wink: :lol: :barscarf:

Can't wait for the game tomorrow night but every year it is a bittersweet moment if I am honest - after tomorrow night there will be no nfl on our screens for six full months :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry:
REEE-SULT! :high5: :D :D :D :wink:

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

Just shows how bad the sport is when most people only watch the biggest game for the adverts and half time shows :lol: :lol: unbelievably dull game

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

LET'S WATCH SOME FOOTBAAALLLLLLL! YEAAHHHHH! :box: :box:

augie

Post by augie »

Ravens intensity is giving them the edge thus far but will their older ageing legs allow the 49ers back into the game in the 2nd half ?

Come on baltimore :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Looks like the far east betting syndicates have infiltrated the nfl now - the lights have gone out in the stadium just a few minutes into the 2nd half :banghead: :banghead:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Fascinating and riveting final so far.

108 yard return.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss ... off-return

And yeah, what with the power outage at Fulham yesterday, it is suspicious.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Is this fucking yawnfest over yet? Or are they still in the second time-out of the 3rd quarter with stats hanging out of their lardy over padded fat arses? :yawn: :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Some men bumping into each other....some other men and women watching them and filling in excel spreadsheets...other men and women eating and drinking a lot. :roll:

You could just go to work in London for that.

:? :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Is this fucking yawnfest over yet? Or are they still in the second time-out of the 3rd quarter with stats hanging out of their lardy over padded fat arses? :yawn: :roll:
There's 3 minutes left so it should be over sometime Wednesday night/Thursday morning. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Is this fucking yawnfest over yet? Or are they still in the second time-out of the 3rd quarter with stats hanging out of their lardy over padded fat arses? :yawn: :roll:
There's 3 minutes left so it should be over sometime Wednesday night/Thursday morning. :roll:
:coffeespit:

augie

Post by augie »

Maybe if you wore some padding the health service over here wouldnt be falling apart due to over stretched resources :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:

Maybe if you wore some padding the health service over here wouldnt be falling apart due to over stretched resources :wink:
:shock:

:lol:

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

SamiS wrote:
augie wrote:Would love to see ray Lewis bow out as a Super Bowl hero - the man has had an amazing career and, football wise at least, he is without equal in terms of motivation ability with his team-mates 8)

Personally I think Jim harbough is a w**ker - he is brash and arrogant for one who has achieved fcuk all in the game as a head coach :roll: :x His brother John goes about his job with no real fuss and is the complete opposite and that is yet another reason why I want the ravens to win

As an nfl fan of almost 20 years now (can't believe it is that long tbh) I have to say that I am a traditionalist and like my QBs to be pocket passers rather than scrambling QBs who constantly move out of the pocket. I feel sorry for smith in San Fran who got screwed around for years never having the same offensive co ordinator for two years in a row and with all and sundry writing him off only to see him bounce back last season to lead to to the conference game and was two special team fumbles away from playing in the Super Bowl - for him to be back to square one sitting on the 49ers sidelines again after that is sad for the guy tbh. I would like flaco to shut the doubters up on Sunday night and lead his team in the big day 8)
Just a note on Smith
Smith sucks. I really don't like him as a football player. He can never be a franchise QB. The only reason he was good in San Fran is because they have a good running game and a great Defense. The only thing Smith does is not turn the ball over so the 49ers can play a field possession game.

I still haven't decided who I want to root for. The 49ers are a long time rival of the Giants while the Ravens ultimately ended the Giants season this year and beat us in the 2001 Super Bowl. So it's going to be a game time decision on who I choose to root for...

Augie ignoring my lovely post

Rooted in the end for the Ravens due to Lewis and Michael Oher and was not let down.

Great game of football, dramatic ending. Watched on the BBC and the coverage far surpassed Sky throughout the season. Shame they do it in such a shoddy fashion

Bring on August 2013!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SamiS wrote:
SamiS wrote:
augie wrote:Would love to see ray Lewis bow out as a Super Bowl hero - the man has had an amazing career and, football wise at least, he is without equal in terms of motivation ability with his team-mates 8)

Personally I think Jim harbough is a w**ker - he is brash and arrogant for one who has achieved fcuk all in the game as a head coach :roll: :x His brother John goes about his job with no real fuss and is the complete opposite and that is yet another reason why I want the ravens to win

As an nfl fan of almost 20 years now (can't believe it is that long tbh) I have to say that I am a traditionalist and like my QBs to be pocket passers rather than scrambling QBs who constantly move out of the pocket. I feel sorry for smith in San Fran who got screwed around for years never having the same offensive co ordinator for two years in a row and with all and sundry writing him off only to see him bounce back last season to lead to to the conference game and was two special team fumbles away from playing in the Super Bowl - for him to be back to square one sitting on the 49ers sidelines again after that is sad for the guy tbh. I would like flaco to shut the doubters up on Sunday night and lead his team in the big day 8)
Just a note on Smith
Smith sucks. I really don't like him as a football player. He can never be a franchise QB. The only reason he was good in San Fran is because they have a good running game and a great Defense. The only thing Smith does is not turn the ball over so the 49ers can play a field possession game.

I still haven't decided who I want to root for. The 49ers are a long time rival of the Giants while the Ravens ultimately ended the Giants season this year and beat us in the 2001 Super Bowl. So it's going to be a game time decision on who I choose to root for...

Augie ignoring my lovely post

Rooted in the end for the Ravens due to Lewis and Michael Oher and was not let down.

Great game of football, dramatic ending. Watched on the BBC and the coverage far surpassed Sky throughout the season. Shame they do it in such a shoddy fashion

Bring on August 2013!
Shh! :blah:

:-P :wink:

DB10_TH14

Post by DB10_TH14 »

bring on the draft in april on sky :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: