THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Supagoon

Re: Arsene Wenger - For him or against him?

Post by Supagoon »

jokes on us, the board and wenger and in this together, they have got each others backs. Arsene seem's to imply and us and them attitude.

Looks like he is here to stay till at least the end of his contract.

They simply could not give a sh*t about the fans, and they believe Wenger ascended from above and thus are not worthy. They have not got any insight about football apart from that which they obtained from wenger's sermons.

Try and break that belief.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He will undoubtedly be offered a new deal - even if he leaves at the end of his contract it will be made clear that it was his decision and it was on the table for him.

What do you expect when the manager attends board meetings? There should be a chain of accountability that goes something like this: players > managers > board > shareholders (sorry but they don't owe a duty to the fans, it's just that what's best for the shareholders and club in general is normally best for the fans).

At Arsenal, the players aren't accountable to Wenger as he'll blindly stick by them however poorly they are, Wenger isn't accountable to the board because he is a board member in all but name and the board aren't truly accountable to the shareholders as our majority shareholder is a board member. In essence, what we have is a plc controlled by very few people and run in the interests of very few people.

And as for his die-hard fans, there are some who would never turn on him. If and when we fail to secure CL football this year we'll be told it's his first failure in 16 years. If and when we find ourselves regularly falling below Spurs, we'll be told that they haven't been crippled by a miserly board (HA) and saddled with the cost of a new stadium and we should be grateful for our wonderful identikit bowl.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/194329.html
"That shows we have not a problem of quality, we have a problem of belief and confidence, and that is noticeable especially in the first half. Again, against Bayern Munich, we were 2-0 down and that happened a few times this year.
"After it's difficult but I believe we have the basic quality and we lack a little bit of what you would call the 'charisma' that Bayern had, because they had basically not lost a game the whole season.
"And people forget we played against a team that played in two Champions League finals in the last three years. We didn't play against a poor side and the game was a top-quality game, the intensity of the game was unbelievable."

DELUSIONAL!!!
Notice he talks of being in the CL, never a word of an ambition to actually win the thing.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

QuartzGooner wrote:
samflitt wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:
samflitt wrote:Wenger Out been saying this since he sold Van Persie and inadequately replaced him
You will find that there are many on here who have wanted Wenger out for a while longer than that!
When did you want him out?
For this Forum, I defended him longer than most because I felt we owed him loyalty for the great things he did up to 2005, and the decent job at rebuilding the team he made from 2006 - 2008.
I thought he was owed another chance to rebuild.
But summer 2011 I had enough of Wenger's failure to organise a team defensively.
And this past summer I realised Kronke was a waste of time.

People like Augie and GoonerSid have wanted a new boss from 2009, perhaps before.
I've wanted him out since Fulham away in August 2008. It was the day I realized that the players had no idea what they were doing and that he was incapable of changing tactics, organizing a team to grind out results, making decent decisions and that he could never adapt to the modern game. It was about that time too that he started moaning almost daily about Chavsea, Manure and Liverpool's new money. Then along came Man City and the moaning got worse. I've had zero confidence in him since the summer of 2008 and the sad thing is that in my heart of hearts, I knew we wouldn't get anywhere near winning the league or a decent cup under him. It was all a bit eerily familiar of the last days of GG when he couldn't adjust to the changing nature of 'new football' with player power an big wages. Like the last days of GG but with a much shitter defence.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Wenger on why he won't resign;
"If I go out now and play one against one with you, you will see I will beat you and at least if I don't manage to beat you, I will want to beat you. That will not change as long as I can move."
:? What the fuck is he on about? Mad man.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsène has banned The Sun from any interviews at London Colney?

TWitter

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Dan_85 wrote:Wenger on why he won't resign;
"If I go out now and play one against one with you, you will see I will beat you and at least if I don't manage to beat you, I will want to beat you. That will not change as long as I can move."
:? What the fuck is he on about? Mad man.

Cuckoo Cuckoo :oops: One Arsole Wenger :barscarf:

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

The defeates to Blackburn and Bayern have only made me stronger in my belief that its time Arsenal made a change. It's been made claer again that we're stagnating at best and how much the quality of the team has detoriorated since the early part of Wenger's rein has been emphasised again.

What really concerns me is that we're not even close to winning a trophy. Even after 2010-11 I was willing to stick with him because we came so close to winnning a trophy and seemed to be going in the irght direction, but I think he's been doomed ever since we sold Fabregas and Na$ri.

It's not that I don't agree with the way Wenger tries to do things, its just that we need a freshening up and a new apporach. Things simply aren't working at the moment.

Brady's left peg

Post by Brady's left peg »

Well he's right about the ticket prices, apart from that it just confirms how deluded he is....... everything is rosy in wenker la la land. :blah: :blah:

augie

Post by augie »

He will be a deluded old c**t until the day the old wanker dies :evil: :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

hartygooner

Post by hartygooner »

Q: Sticking with your philosophy, it must be tough, when others spend money and win trophies?
AW: "Depends on what you call trophies. Trophies for me is basically the Championship and Champions League because that is where the real quality comes out. This year you have first to consider the quality comes through the championship and not through the FA Cup or through the Capital One Cup.
There, just admited it again and proved he doesnt give a toss about the F.A Cup or the Capital One Cup. Goes against his lies the other week when he said he takes the cups seriously when questioned about his team selection for the Blackburn game and not caring about it. Every time I read more of his lies I wanna punch my laptop :censored: :banghead: :box: wanker

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

The man is either absolutely deluded or a bare-faced, shameless liar.
Wenger also claimed Arsenal are “not so far” behind Bayern Munich
Really? Because to everybody else we looked about a million miles behind them on Tuesday mate. Why talk absolute lies & bullshit? You make yourself look like an idiot. You'll get more respect if you come out & say honestly, "Bayern are a much better team than us, it's something we will try to improve on".
Wenger insisted they are competitive with the best in Europe
Ermm, no. Last time we beat a genuinely big European team? AC Milan 08? Same story every year when we get out of the CL groups. Fuck, we're not even competitive with Division 4 Bradford.
we have a basis of a team that is very strong, for me.
We have maybe 3 top quality players & a self induced lack of strength in depth, so much so that we regularly have to play players out of position because their alternatives are either injured or not good enough. Is that a strong basis? I'm not so sure.
If you analyse all the European and English teams, in some areas of our team we are very competitive.
More bullshit. See two points above.
Wenger claimed it would have been difficult for the club to tell the fans from the outset that they would struggle to compete both financially and on the pitch after quitting Highbury.
An open admission that AFC are happy to lie to us. Anything to keep us quiet.
“I prepared myself for some suffering when we moved to the Emirates, yes. Because we knew we were under restricted resources for a while.
So much for the stadium costs being "ringfenced" and not affecting our spending as we were told when AG was being planned. In fact, Fiszman & Friar both came out to say that we would indeed have more money to spend.
You can only keep your best players, let’s be realistic, by paying the wages of the market. To pay the wages of the market we have to put the ticket prices up.
Not necessarily. Instead of always relying on fans to make up the shortfall, tell Ivan, Tom Fox & his cronies in the comms department to pull their fucking fingers out. Mind you, it's a Catch 22 Arsene, they have trouble selling your shit team to potential sponsors.
Wenger received full backing of the club at Arsenal’s board meeting on Thursday and, furthermore, they will give him £70m to spend this summer to rebuild the squad.
Do me a favour. The famous £70m warchest, does anyone really still believe that?! See here; http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=2665
When asked whether he would be willing or able to spend £40m on Atletico Madrid goal-machine Radamel Falcao this summer, Wenger said: “We can do it. If we can afford it, we will not say no.
:lol: Same old pre-ST renewal shit. "Oh yes, we are definitely interested in & can definitely afford Falcao/Benzema/Hazard/Cavani/Villa/Goetze/delete as appropriate..." If we sign Falcao i'll eat a hat.
we are in a stronger situation where, like you say, we can spend some money. We went out to spend money at Christmas but we didn’t find the players.
Couldn't find the players? :lol: Of course. How could anyone ever improve on what we have?

Please, please, please just resign. You are embarassing us all and yourself.

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

You have covered pretty much everything, Dan.

Truly, today's press conference was one of the most disgusting events in the clubs recent history. Why say you can buy Falcao this summer, Arsene? Why say something like that?

I think he has some personal vendetta against the media, he says things like this in order to gain (what he believes to be) a sense of empowerment and dominance.

Blade

Post by Blade »

'destablised by what people say after ONE game'

It's not just 1 game Arsene!

We have been crap for many,many games..