the Wimbledon Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
flash gunner

Re: the Wimbledon Thread

Post by flash gunner »

northbank123 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Just for the record i'd like to see Serena's tits. They look big and firm
They could kill a man who isn't trained in handling such breasts.
:lol:

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

Its Murray's time this year. He'll beat Djokovic in 5 sets with the crowd carrying him over the line. Lisicki has the powerful game that is suited to grass and will win the womens' over Bartoli in the final.

Pleased to say that I tipped Verdasco to go far as soon as Nadal, Roger and Tsonga crashed out of that half and I've been proved right. Reckon he'll be Murray's toughest opponent so far, but he'll come through in 4 sets.

Disappointing to see the hottest female players- Sharapova, Kirilenko and Ivanovic going out early though, there has been an unfortunate lack of eye candy in the latter stages of the womens draw :cry:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Come on Andy!!!!! :unionjack:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

There was some proper squeaky bum time in that match. Far too negative, even in the sets that he won tbh. He talked after the game about how good these guys are - they are all fucking dynamite if you stand in a different postcode to the baseline and just let them line up forehands. And that second serve, crickey I thought he'd sorted that shit out 3 years ago, you wont beat djokovic by plopping 60mph serves into the hitting zone. At the end of the day he is just too fit and willing to battle for these lesser guys to beat him in a best of 5, credit it to him for that - remarkable consistency :unionjack:

Interesting to see del potro go through, injured himself in the first game and so just decided to blow ferrer off the court. Dangerous player, always one of those I look out for if he's in Murray's side of the draw. Djokovic will be a step too far for him though

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

think this title has novak's name on it this year, much as murray is playing well. he won't let himself lose to him in a final again.

goonerwalker

Post by goonerwalker »

Verdasco is the first player murray has played with the weapons to punish him for not doing enough with his groundstrokes and for most of the match thats what he did.

Murray will need to step inside the baseline and take the game to Djokovic if wants to win, which will be tough because Novak simply looks awesome.

Janowicz is no pushover, especially on grass, but I reckon Murray will beat him in 4 sets if he puts in a decent performance :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonerwalker wrote:Verdasco is the first player murray has played with the weapons to punish him for not doing enough with his groundstrokes and for most of the match thats what he did.

Murray will need to step inside the baseline and take the game to Djokovic if wants to win, which will be tough because Novak simply looks awesome.

Janowicz is no pushover, especially on grass, but I reckon Murray will beat him in 4 sets if he puts in a decent performance :barscarf:
O - kay.... :shock: :?

To summarise;

Verdasco "punished" Murray with his "weapon" and stroked him on the ground. Novak looks "awesome". Murray wants to push Janowicz over on the grass and "beat" him. Ooh matron!

:gayflag:

:-P :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

DB10GOONER wrote:
goonerwalker wrote:Verdasco is the first player murray has played with the weapons to punish him for not doing enough with his groundstrokes and for most of the match thats what he did.

O - kay.... :shock: :?

To summarise;

Verdasco "punished" Murray with his "weapon" and stroked him on the ground. Novak looks "awesome". Murray wants to push Janowicz over on the grass and "beat" him. Ooh matron!

:gayflag:

:-P :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Tomáš

Post by Tomáš »

Congratulations! Murray has written Sports History, what a great game!

Cheers,
Thomas

LDB

Post by LDB »

What a hero! As someone who has followed him his entire career (and not just after seeing him cry once) I have to say I'm really proud and was celebrating like a lunatic at the end there. He very nearly fucked up 40-0 on his own serve serving for the match but in fairness he has always been really strong at serving out matches, even championships so I wasn't surprised he found a way to get it done.

Have to say as well that djokovic is an absolute gent :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

LDB wrote:What a hero! As someone who has followed him his entire career (and not just after seeing him cry once) I have to say I'm really proud and was celebrating like a lunatic at the end there. He very nearly fucked up 40-0 on his own serve serving for the match but in fairness he has always been really strong at serving out matches, even championships so I wasn't surprised he found a way to get it done.

Have to say as well that djokovic is an absolute gent :barscarf:
That's what we like on this thread - a Murray love in :barscarf:

After all the Henman drama, I never thought I'd see a Brit win Wimbledon. In fact, I never thought I'd see a Brit win a grand slam, so he's well and truly put that to bed with being the holder of both the US Open and Wimbledon.

Delighted. :barscarf:

We've also won the rugby world cup, the ashes, done amazingly well at a home Olympics and won the formula 1 world championship. The British sporting 'bucket list' is almost complete...

if only our football team weren't such a let down :rubchin: :(

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Didn't think you'd be too impressed with Ashes victories g88ner, what with poor old England having to rope in truckloads of Saffers because they can't nick enough good Oirish and Welsh lads to beat a country with a far inferior population... :lol:

I think Bradley Wiggins may take some offence that you've not included him winning the Tour de France yet mentioned the F1 drivers' championship which a Brit first won in the 1950s!

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

northbank123 wrote:Didn't think you'd be too impressed with Ashes victories g88ner, what with poor old England having to rope in truckloads of Saffers because they can't nick enough good Oirish and Welsh lads to beat a country with a far inferior population... :lol:

I think Bradley Wiggins may take some offence that you've not included him winning the Tour de France yet mentioned the F1 drivers' championship which a Brit first won in the 1950s!
No saffers in the England team - they're all as English as fish and chips. :oops: :lol:

haha, I forgot Bradley... that definitely makes the bucket list. Not sure how a left that off really - I watched it and I'm currently enjoying Froome's follow up attempt :barscarf:

By the way, this bucket list is my personal one, so winning the F1 in the 1950s is irrelevant... Nigel Mansell put F1 on the list. 8) :lol:

LDB

Post by LDB »

northbank123 wrote:
Well in fairness a Brit first won wimbledon in 1877, we just need to stop these foreign types getting involved in future!

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Well done murray and I agree with what g88ner said - never thought I'd see a Brit win a Grand Slam, let alone Wimbledon!