Guitarist's Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
brazilianGOONER

Re: Guitarist's Thread

Post by brazilianGOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:The Superstrat I'm building will have an old 1980's style Kramer/Gibson Quad Rail humbucker in the bridge - basically 2 humbuckers welded together! :shock:

:barscarf: 8)
i've seen one of those a lot of time ago. weird as fuck :lol: but it must be quite cool! how does it work? do you put a switch to choose which coils are active?
Yeah you can coil tap it so you can play it as a very aggressive humbucker or split it into a series of single coil pups or two hummers. Not sure yet what way I'm gonna wire it - probably just one splitter so it can be played as a single if needed. Found an American company that sell pre-wired wiring harnesses too - you just solder on the pots and the pups and away ya go! 8)

It's gonna be fuck yeah cool! :barscarf:
that's nice. versatile, bizarre looking and DIY! the soul of rock'n'roll :lol: :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

http://www.google.ie/search?q=flea+bass ... 2&bih=1019

I bought my 13 year old the blue and orange one for his birthday, hopefully he will manage to be more accomplished than I was. £150 quid on gumtree along with a practice amp.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:http://www.google.ie/search?q=flea+bass ... 2&bih=1019

I bought my 13 year old the blue and orange one for his birthday, hopefully he will manage to be more accomplished than I was. £150 quid on gumtree along with a practice amp.
Cool, sid. 8) It's great when people encourage kids to take up an instrument and not end up being a poxy fucking DJ or MC or whatever the fuck music thieves call themselves nowdays!! :lol: :wink:

Love the basic colours of those basses too. Primary colours can look very cool on instruments. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If you're going to play a "Cool" ( as in 8) ) axe then surely Lightning is the way to go!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Stemming from other posts in other threads...

Have we any other guitarists on here? I'm sure there are a few. I might start a guitarists thread in the basement (where this will go soon, don't worry) if we have a few.

Personally, I've been playing 29 years. Mostly metal, rock and alot of classical and neo classical. Technically proficient and sound on theory. Am influenced by Rhoads, Hendrix, EVH, Lynch and (just a tad :wink: ) Yngwie.

Own A Gibbo LP, Ibanez RG370DX with FR wammy and a Washburn G2V with Wunderbar wammy. And a couple of acoustics. And a bass guitar. Played in a good few bands over those years too.

Anyone else so inclined?

Oh and no fucking DJ's allowed!! :lol: :wink:
I don't know how I've missed this thread, DB do you really play a guitar? I would have thought a ukulele looks pretty full size when up against you fella :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

Have we any other guitarists on here? I'm sure there are a few. I might start a guitarists thread in the basement (where this will go soon, don't worry) if we have a few.

Personally, I've been playing 29 years. Mostly metal, rock and alot of classical and neo classical. Technically proficient and sound on theory. Am influenced by Rhoads, Hendrix, EVH, Lynch and (just a tad :wink: ) Yngwie.

Own A Gibbo LP, Ibanez RG370DX with FR wammy and a Washburn G2V with Wunderbar wammy. And a couple of acoustics. And a bass guitar. Played in a good few bands over those years too.

Anyone else so inclined?

I don't know how I've missed this thread,
Retardation? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone else so inclined?

I don't know how I've missed this thread, DB do you really play a guitar? I would have thought a ukulele looks pretty full size when up against you fella :shock: :lol:

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:

Anyone else so inclined?

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:
Hey - let's not forget that same ukulele would look like a double bass next to you, mate! :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It's all lie I tell ya! All Lies!

i blame the velvet tracksuit wearing shortarse Fwank...he started it.... :mrgreen:

ps: what's ukele?? :? :oops:

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Time to revive this thread with some pics of my latest guitar build: an Eddie Van Halen tribute 5150....

.... as soon as someone suggests a good online photo hosting site that isn't Cube Upload. Pile of shit keeps asking me to change my password. I do. I log in. I get another message saying change your password. :censored:

Fuck off. :censored:

Any suggestions for a decent free site?

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

DB10 try Flickr for yer geetar pics. :barscarf:

I built this one back in late 2019 , it's a 1964 style Rickenbacker 1993 RM 12 string , that's a real 2002 Ricky 360 12 beside it. :o

Waiting for the summer so I can make a mess in the garden, chopping up wood & making sawdust! As routers & table saws make to much mess indoors. :mrgreen: :twisted:

LOL! I've just realised this zombie thread has come to life & my geetar pic post is number 666! :barscarf: :barscarf: :mrgreen: :evil:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:57 am

I built this one back in late 2019 , it's a 1964 style Rickenbacker 1993 RM 12 string , that's a real 2002 Ricky 360 12 beside it. :o

Waiting for the summer so I can make a mess in the garden, chopping up wood & making sawdust! As routers & table saws make to much mess indoors. :mrgreen: :twisted:

LOL! I've just realised this zombie thread has come to life & my geetar pic post is number 666! :barscarf: :barscarf: :mrgreen: :evil:
Cheers. Will try Flickr. That guitar looks fantastic. 8)

Spooky in the 666 too..... :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well I downloaded Flickr (both the website and the app) but cannot get a photo to post on here. It either shows up as a hyperlink or as a broken photo icon.

Any ideas? I have the free version.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That Guitar you've built looks amazing, is that a Mahogany Body? - I just don't have the woodwork gene in my DNA :cry: Got banned after only my third lesson by the Woodwork teacher after nearly taking the top of one of his fingers off with a chisel... :oops: :oops: :oops:

It was okay though as I got to do extra Latin classes, which I enjoyed at the time. :oops: :oops:

I've got 3 Acoustic guitars one is a 6 String Avalon which I got from a company in Northern Ireland about 10 years ago, the sound is amazing, I've played at the local 'folk' club a few times on the Anything Acoustic Night and it used to knock the bollocks out of the Martins etc - It sounds very similar to a Lowden only far less expensive

https://www.avalonguitars.com

And 2 Taylors one of which is a Taylor 522C 12 Fret all Mahogany and is a thing of sheer beauty, I'll try and figure out how to put some picture son here if ~I can.

The model is similar to this:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Well I downloaded Flickr (both the website and the app) but cannot get a photo to post on here. It either shows up as a hyperlink or as a broken photo icon.

Any ideas? I have the free version.

This is the code bit that works, u have to mess with & delete the rest, then select the red picture image icon logo on yer post & insert the code inside. https://live.staticflickr.com/xxxxxxxxx ... xxxxxxxjpg

So click on yer pic in flickr , select share icon on the bottom right then next pick BBCode icon, select size & then & copy & paste the link, keep the bit above & get rid of the rest.

So this part goes inside the red picture image icon https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/489 ... 691b_m.jpg

So put the edited link inside the red image icon tag.

Found this classic old club badge on Flickr

Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:54 am, edited 10 times in total.