SUMMER TRANSFERS - Your thoughts on who did and did not sign

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD

Post by rodders999 »

Once Friday comes and Le Gimp jets off to Asia on tour you can kiss goodbye to any hope of a transfer until 11.59pm on transfer deadline day. Whatever dross is left at the bottom of the bargain basement bin at that stage will be ours, all ours I tells ya. Har har har hee hee (turns manic).

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Don't forget as it stands we have the little matter of a North London Derby on deadline day so don't expect any action then as A) We will have won 5-2 and won't need strengthening, B) We draw or something and Wenger will be analysing the performance into the late hours or C) The game is moved and he is Preparing/having an early night before a big 'Super Sunday' fixture.

Most likely we will ask for the fixture to be the Saturday evening fixture leaving no time to do any business.

So if we don't make late signings by Friday 30th August we won't make any.

Look on the Brightside, the window closes on a Saturday night so you can go out rather than stay in and torture yourself!

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

The scum are playing a euro shit crap thing on the Thursday so we won't play them until Sunday 1st. Just saying.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

That will be C) then!

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Chippy wrote:The scum are playing a euro shit crap thing on the Thursday so we won't play them until Sunday 1st. Just saying.
You spoilt a fuckin good rant there.....with facts :roll: :blah: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All quiet on the Higgy front - is he on the 20th day of his medical now?

HE AIN'T FUCKING COMING I TELL YA !

Chopper

You're Wenger.....

Post by Chopper »

No insult intended to some of you but if you had been in charge since the end of last season with £70m to burn what would your starting line-up look like come the first league game? (only players linked with us and their rumoured price). Mine:

GK:----------Julio Cesar (£3.5m QPR)
Def:----------Micah Richards (£15m Man C)* ------Andrea Ranocchia (£15M Inter)---Koscielny---Monreal
DM:----------Lars Bender (£17m Leverkusen)
AM:----------Wilshere---Cazorla
F:------------Walcott---Higuain (£25m R Madrid)---Podolski

*Some may say this is steep but if Sagna is sold then the extra £6m+ we get would cover the extra outlay and given his size, strength and love of our club would be worth the alleged price.

Julio Cesar is a no brainer at that price and whilst Per and Kos have formed a good partnership, a highly rated defender like Ranocchia would be ideal going forward.

For Bender read any decent DM!! I would have gone in early before Leverkusen had made money from other sales.

So for £75.5m we could get a stronger, taller, more mobile defence with a talented forward line scoring more goals who can play the 'Wenger' way.

SteveO 35

Re: You're Wenger.....

Post by SteveO 35 »

If I was Wenger:

Fabianski
Jenkinson
Mertsesacker
Koscielny
Monreal
Arteta
Wilshere
Cazorla
Ramsey
Podolski
Le Chapman

Sagna sold for £6m.....so I now have £76m that will never be spent

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

At least if we do get Higuain he won't be under any pressure...

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Swifty wrote:At least if we do get Higuain he won't be under any pressure...

:lol:

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

BournemouthRED wrote:Just imagine if we actually did buy loads of players and splash the cash?

What would everyone moan about? :lol:
They would turn to "I bet the bastards are going to sell our fantastic players".

Swifty

Re:

Post by Swifty »

Red Gunner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Real fans have real patience. 8)
Who cares about Real Madrid fans? We are Arsenal fans :barscarf:

:lol: :wink:
Swifty wrote:Villa sold for pocket change and a pie!! WTF!!
Tevez 10m
Give me those two up front and I'm happy.
Aguero available for 30 - stuff Higuain - get that unit.
I'm not sure we'd be able to afford Aguero's salary and I don't think Man City would want to sell to a Premiership rival. Anyway who said that Aguero is available at all?
It's a fair point - what stupid club would sell to a Premiership rival (over and over).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:All quiet on the Higgy front - is he on the 20th day of his medical now?

HE AIN'T FUCKING COMING I TELL YA !
If only we'd given Diaby a 20-day medical. We might have spotted something... :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:Once Friday comes and Le Gimp jets off to Asia on tour you can kiss goodbye to any hope of a transfer until 11.59pm on transfer deadline day. Whatever dross is left at the bottom of the bargain basement bin at that stage will be ours, all ours I tells ya. Har har har hee hee (turns manic).
Have to say, my earlier misplaced optimism is beginning to look idiotic. We are being taken for another propaganda ride by Wenger and co.

rodders999

Re: SUMMER TRANSFERS - Deals, Rumours and Buy/Sell Wish List

Post by rodders999 »

In the days running up to the meeting with supporters groups Ivan declared that the sky was the limit. This year would be different, he sold us the future and christ was it looking bright. New sponsorship deals meant £20 million players, £30 million players were on the horizon. We finally had the funds to compete. The majority bought it and he rode out the storm.

Fast forward a month later and an eerie silence has decended over all things Arsenal. Wenger, Gazidis, Kroenke. Cretins to a man. :evil: