FULHAM HOME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: FULHAM HOME THREAD

Post by StuartL »

markyp wrote:Berbs is a bell end but he doesn't half use the ball well,in a team like ours hed score a hatful of goals,he makes everything look so easy, although some people see this as lazy unlike Giroud who makes everything look so bloody difficult at times. :oops:
He easily outplayed Giroud today, his timing of runs behind Mert a couple of times was top drawer, his control was at times superb - and I am not by any means a big fan of his but I would take him till the end of the season for sure as I doubt that anyone else is going to turn up.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

A big plus for me today was Szczesny, felt that whenever he was needed he came out and collected the ball very well.

He has improved immensely over the last couple of years!

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

surely (even) Wenger has to play Podolski now. He's our only player of his type, go at the goal and put in a great shot etc.
Plus would like Monreal to stay in the side as he adds more defensively than Gibbs, who is so often caught out of position.
Fulham were innocuous though. Not sure about Berbatov although he has great technique - doubtful that Wenger would pay 5p for him anyhow

Post by 1989 »

Won 6 out of the last 6 and our best player has missed all of them. 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

scotgooner wrote:A big plus for me today was Szczesny, felt that whenever he was needed he came out and collected the ball very well.

I think he's improved immensely this season. I was always a great advocate of his but then about Jan 2012 something changed. He was nearly flawless until that point that season despite us being a complete disaster but he made a mistake at Fulham that cost us a goal in a game we threw away and from that point he started costing us every other week.

After the Villa game he's largely cut out the dicking round and although he still has the occasional rush of blood he's been excellent this season. I still worry a bit that his first instinct is to ignore any doubts and come rushing out for the ball but to be fair he got there every time today and thwarted the danger.

He's certainly a talented keeper so fingers crossed he keeps the attitude up.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

1989 wrote:Won 6 out of the last 6 and our best player has missed all of them. 8)
I'm buzzing for him to come back!

We miss his willingness to actually take a gamble and fucking have a shot!

Super Aaron Ramsey :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Szczesny has been the best GK in the league this season.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1989 wrote:Won 6 out of the last 6 and our best player has missed all of them. 8)

I know mate....in fact we've coped pretty well without Abou for most of the season

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

northbank123 wrote:
scotgooner wrote:A big plus for me today was Szczesny, felt that whenever he was needed he came out and collected the ball very well.

I think he's improved immensely this season. I was always a great advocate of his but then about Jan 2012 something changed. He was nearly flawless until that point that season despite us being a complete disaster but he made a mistake at Fulham that cost us a goal in a game we threw away and from that point he started costing us every other week.

After the Villa game he's largely cut out the dicking round and although he still has the occasional rush of blood he's been excellent this season. I still worry a bit that his first instinct is to ignore any doubts and come rushing out for the ball but to be fair he got there every time today and thwarted the danger.

He's certainly a talented keeper so fingers crossed he keeps the attitude up.
That's purely it with him - attitude.

When he gets too cocky he is susceptible to a silly mistake which can cost us a goal or even a game, but when he keeps his focus and sticks to what he's good at (like he has this season mostly) he is a terrific keeper.

I also think it is clear that the defence have a lot more faith in him now which ultimately is a factor in our much improved defensive displays this season.

Long may in continue :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Sam59 wrote:surely (even) Wenger has to play Podolski now. He's our only player of his type, go at the goal and put in a great shot etc.
Plus would like Monreal to stay in the side as he adds more defensively than Gibbs, who is so often caught out of position.
Fulham were innocuous though. Not sure about Berbatov although he has great technique - doubtful that Wenger would pay 5p for him anyhow
Imagine Berbatov being asked to lead the line on his own, chase down defenders and get through all that dog-work :lol:

Agree about Podolski. Yes Fulham had thrown in the towel when he came on but after a whole game of tippy-tappy crap all he wanted to do was get on the ball and cause chaos by running at defenders and playing a pass without checking back or slowing up.

Not sure about Monreal though - I don't think he's sure of himself for a start and he certainly doesn't inspire me with much confidence. Gibbs could still improve massively but his decision-making going forward is better and he's not the walking disaster he was when he first started playing regularly with woeful positioning - after all he has been part of a very consistent defence this year. His biggest problem is his injuries, I think if he could keep himself fit he would start turning in more assists and even a few goals going forward.

Post by 1989 »

SteveO 35 wrote:

I know mate....in fact we've coped pretty well without Abou for most of the season
:D

singwordssosad

Post by singwordssosad »

Monreal's improving really well, at villa especially I thought he was outstanding. WS in goal assured and Santi pulling a couple out and I'm feeling great tonight!

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

1989 wrote:Szczesny has been the best GK in the league this season.
Word 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

SteveO 35 wrote:

We should be. We've had plenty of practice.

father_ted

Post by father_ted »

[quote="SteveO]

I thought that fucker Bent was going to score against us AGAIN at the end. He missed another one that 'Arry's old girl would have scored. Must be the £30m price tag Augie has put on his head playing tricks with his mind :D

Remy must be worth £40m now he's scored against the mighty 'Ammers[/quote]

Now why does that not suprise me¿ hammmm I wonder....