other games this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: other games this weekend

Post by clockender1 »

Chelsea hit the post three times, they also kept the ball from toure and made him come deep - I'm not sure fernandinho could have done much against the chavs pace and movement - it was classic counter attack stuff - fast, direct and varied.

We used to do it very well up at OT and at Wembley & Cardiff, with overmars, anelka, Henry, wiltord etc and could again with Ox, wally and gnabs or Giroud or pod up front.

But that relies on two confident holding DM's who always look to pass forwards and quickly, rather than across and back and building from the back - Edu used to be very good at it, parlour and Gilberto too.

I'm gutted tonight cos it means that Mourinhos not as dumb as he seems and if we don't fall out of contention in February that run of chavs (a) city (h) spuds (a) Everton (a) could do us in.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Steve_I wrote:
g88ner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Whilst he is a loathsome wanker who will sink to any depths.....if I had to pick a manger to get a big result in a game like tonight's it would the Moaning One every time. Wenger is incapable of beating anyone
Fixed that for you Steve - its the talent of our players that beat the opposition not Wenger. The selection and shape is largely dictated by our numerous injuries.

Read Terry's comments - mourinho spent TWO WHOLE DAYS with the team working on city's weaknesses. Two days ! How can we compete with that ! It's madness I say ...
ffs I hate this forum these days.

I'm an Arsenal fan who increasingly finds coming on here fills me with sadness at the level of negativity and abuse aimed at my club.

I get that people don't like us anymore and hate the manager and board with a fiery passion but I'm not sure I can be arsed reading any of it any more. It's just horrible and hateful.

And the annoying thing is, there's plenty that bugs me about Arsenal and I'm filled with dread that Wenger is about to sign a new contract, but I just haven't got enough negativity and nastiness in me to keep reading this shit. It's genuinely making me feel miserable when I read it :(

Anyway, great to see Citeh lose. We're still top... which is nice.
I'm with you G88ner. So Many threads degenerate into an anti arsene and anti club management pile of complete ill thought out nonsense in my opinion. I have absolutely no problem with folk spouting vitriol as that is their choice - right or wrong (imo of course, mostly wrong ;) ), but at times every fcuking thread?! Why not keep the hate and bile to the one thread and allow others to feel more comfortable posting?

Just my thoughts of course but jeez, it's a downward spiralling place of doom gloom and nonsense at times.
Gotta agree with these two posters, yes I was disappointed that we didn't get a striker but I got over it in a few minutes tbf, move on.

I am one that also thinks it's time for a change in management but won't abuse the current one.

Anyhow we are too and although we probably won't win the league I will be hoping to fuck that we do and am enjoying this period of looking down at the rest of the league.

Lastly this season alone is absolutely brilliant just because I can rip the piss out of the many manure fans I know who for once don't return my texts or aren't texting me every weekend gloating, for this alone I am thankful :wink: 8) :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Whilst he is a loathsome wanker who will sink to any depths.....if I had to pick a manger to get a big result in a game like tonight's it would the Moaning One every time. Wenger is incapable of beating anyone
Fixed that for you Steve - its the talent of our players that beat the opposition not Wenger. The selection and shape is largely dictated by our numerous injuries.

Read Terry's comments - mourinho spent TWO WHOLE DAYS with the team working on city's weaknesses. Two days ! How can we compete with that ! It's madness I say ...

I'm an Arsenal fan who increasingly finds coming on here fills me with sadness at the level of negativity and abuse aimed at my club.

I get that people don't like us anymore and hate the manager and board with a fiery passion but I'm not sure I can be arsed reading any of it any more. It's just horrible and hateful.

And the annoying thing is, there's plenty that bugs me about Arsenal and I'm filled with dread that Wenger is about to sign a new contract, but I just haven't got enough negativity and nastiness in me to keep reading this shit. It's genuinely making me feel miserable when I read it :(

It seems one of our junior mods is suffering from combat fatigue. :( You don't choose to be a mod. It chooses you. Some aren't up to it (Hlebby springs to mind here! :lol: :wink: ), some are.

Chin up, g88ner. You can't be a whining beeyatch all your life, mate.

:lol: :wink:

topcat

Post by topcat »

g88ner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Its actually very refreshing to hear someone who's posted a lot on this forum say that...
The regulars on here usually seem to be the arsenal bashers.

Well said.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

topcat wrote: Its actually very refreshing to hear someone who's posted a lot on this forum say that...

Well said.
Dont really think they can honestly be called Arsenal bashers, just a leeeeetle bit jaded
:wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wouldn't the forum be fun if we all agreed with each other all of the time

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Theoperator wrote:
topcat wrote: Its actually very refreshing to hear someone who's posted a lot on this forum say that...

Well said.
Dont really think they can honestly be called Arsenal bashers, just a leeeeetle bit jaded
We're not Arsenal bashers. We love the club. We are Arsene and board bashers for what they are doing to the club we love.

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

I agree with g88ner to an extent. We are top of a tough league after 24 games. I expect us to crumble to 3rd or 4th but that is only because I have learnt over the past decade that hope can seriously damage my health. I'm trying to limit myself to 10 moments of hope throughout the season.

I've got a picture of Sanogo and Bendtner on each arm to act as hope patches.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

topcat wrote:
g88ner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Its actually very refreshing to hear someone who's posted a lot on this forum say that...

Well said.
Hey! 8)

What you need to remember is that a lot of people have invested a lot of time and energy around here being incredibly negative about Arsenal and channeling all their frustration on Wenger but suddenly we're doing well and Wenger is still here? Well throw the credit in as many obscure directions as you possibly can (fixture lists, players doing it all by themselves, new managers at other clubs, even Gazidis and Sir Chips) and just wait for it to go tits up. Win win situation, if it does (and probably will) then this place will become one massive 'I told you so' orgy. If it doesn't then we've won a trophy ( :barscarf: ), but wenger should still go because he once said Asian fans are really passionate :lol:

No doubt I'll be accused of being patronising but it's just the way I see it. I've not met a single gooner in real life that is not considerably more positive about the club then they were 18 months ago. Only in the world of the internet must you maintain your 'persona' at all times
Last edited by LDB on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topcat

Post by topcat »

Chippy wrote:
Theoperator wrote:

Well said.
We're not Arsenal bashers. We love the club. We are Arsene and board bashers for what they are doing to the club we love.
Wasn't directed at you.

But as far as I can see there's less arsenal hatred on the glory glory spud forum than on here, and I mean a LOT less. :?

Steve0 35 and Augie and a few others disgust me to be honest. They're basically bullies, laugh all you want but I genuinely mean that.

LDB

Post by LDB »

topcat wrote:
Chippy wrote:
Theoperator wrote:

Well said.
Wasn't directed at you.

But as far as I can see there's less arsenal hatred on the glory glory spud forum than on here, and I mean a LOT less. :?

Steve0 35 and Augie and a few others disgust me to be honest. They're basically bullies, laugh all you want but I genuinely mean that.
For me clockender1 is the most boring poster on this forum. Augie to his credit has always seemed to me to be very good at handling people disagreeing with him, he will just eventually wear you down through pure word count though :lol:

hartygooner

Post by hartygooner »

More and more people on here who were c*nting wenger off 8 months ago are now turning around and disagreeing with any bad word said about the hypocritical dictator. I know for one thing, if I didnt agree with the majority of what is posted on here I wouldnt then come on here moaning about it and reading it everyday. As a few of the pillars of this forum would say #turncoats

Some people have gotten overly sensitive all of a sudden :?

At the end of the day everybody wants to see us lift one of the 3 remaining trophys on offer at the end of the season but are 80% sure what the painful outcome will be.

We havent progressed anywhere in my eyes, YET. We have been in and around this position for the last 8 years but have always had a 2 week collapse and fall out of every competition. Things appear different regarding the resilience of our team this year but the big test of our "mental strength" is over the next month and only after that will we see if things really have changed.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Dont worry.
Those same posters who are now on their high horses because we as Arsenal supporters dare to criticise (Now? Now that we are top of the league?), will be back to their previous positions calling for Wengers head soon enough.

What you have to remember is that some fans are fickle. One minute they want the manager sacked, the next they will deflect any blame from him in as many obscure directions as they possibly can (fixture lists, players, referees, even Gazidis and Sir Chips) and just wait untill we go on a good run. Win, win situation. Then they'll come on here in one massive 'I told you so' orgy. And if it doesnt then they'll change their position and start the criticism and negativity once again. Just like they did before.

No doubt I'll be accused of being patronising but I have met plenty of gooners in real life who have seen some progress but still see Wenger making the same shit decisions as in numerous seasons past and still want him gone. Only in the world of the internet do you see people criticising others for holding views that they once held themselves.

#flipflopflipflop :barscarf:

LDB

Post by LDB »

armchair

Post by armchair »

LDB wrote:Image
:lol: :barscarf:
Wondered if you'd notice. 8)