BRIGHTON AWAY - FA Cup 4th Round

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Re: BRIGHTON AWAY - FA Cup 4th Round

Post by shu »

afcforever wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
afcforever wrote:
officepest wrote:
afcforever wrote:Act like it then you prick
Niiiiiiiiiiice.

:roll:
I apologize for that, but he's done my head in :blah:
Apology accepted ! :cheers:
I'll gladly buy you a pint :wink:
Afc , do you go to any home games as i would like to meet up with you . i like a keyboard warrior !

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Chippy wrote:
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Chippy wrote:If you 2 don't calm down and stop ruining the thread you will be banned for 12 hours.
Teachers mad, boys.

Behave or he'll slap you with his ruler :| :shock: :barscarf:
Spelling 4/10. :lol: :wink:
Pished :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Few pints in me,but seriously have never seen such childish posting in a long time,neither of you remotely funny ,actually quite boring ,I have 1 of you on ignore but now adding another.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

TR7 :barscarf: Love him. Been saying for weeks that he should be in the starting team sheet every game along with Cazorla

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Nice to be in the next round - without scum.
Theo did OK today up until he missed the sitter in the second half. Almost as bad as Rambo's miss at the end. Akpom looked as good a player as either Giroud or Danny Boy when he came on. Pity we didn't get the chance to see if he can finish. He was fast & very good on the ball. If those dirty bastards hadn't chopped him down he was clean through on goal at least twice. I'd like to see him start a game. Thomas was magic again - not bad for an oldie. A home game against Manure will do in the next round. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Chez looked farking awful again his positioning is crap and he looked all at sea more than once . Ospina hasnt been tested yet but will be im sure ,so we will find out if he's any good !

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

After the Robbie Savage show yesterday Phil Neville excelled himself on MOTD2 last night..talking about Rosicky giving "the eyes" when passing "I would be first over , I would two foot him if he done that in training"

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Herd wrote:Chez looked farking awful again his positioning is crap and he looked all at sea more than once . Ospina hasnt been tested yet but will be im sure ,so we will find out if he's any good !
Think he should have no future at Arsenal but Wenger will protect him.. Whether Ospina is the answer remains to be seen, for me the possible answer is now the Man Utd reserve keeper.

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

Bit of a weird game, Brighton simply didnt turn up in the first half and it was incredibly easy for us, which was very surprising. Their early second half goal changed the whole dynamic, although it never felt especially uncomfortable, unlike the game two seasons ago.

Giroud had one of his games that frustrate so much, moaning, whining and at least a yard off the pace, he was awful.

I can report there was no homophobia from the Arsenal end.

On the way home I was chatting to an old fella on the park and ride bus who was an Arsenal fan but ST holder at Brighton and it struck me that it might be oldgitgooner, if it was, ummm, hello.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

remigardeshair wrote:Bit of a weird game, Brighton simply didnt turn up in the first half and it was incredibly easy for us, which was very surprising. Their early second half goal changed the whole dynamic, although it never felt especially uncomfortable, unlike the game two seasons ago.

Giroud had one of his games that frustrate so much, moaning, whining and at least a yard off the pace, he was awful.

I can report there was no homophobia from the Arsenal end.

On the way home I was chatting to an old fella on the park and ride bus who was an Arsenal fan but ST holder at Brighton and it struck me that it might be oldgitgooner, if it was, ummm, hello.
Did he look like Louis Walsh? :rubchin:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Something that the Citeh game and yesterday confirmed is that, if you don't cover your back 4 they will be exposed.

Against Citeh, the Ox, Alexis and the Coq worked hard to track back. yesterday, captain stupid (was he actually playing?) and Theo did Little to stop BHA getting onto our defence.

Chambers was at fault (I still think he'll develop into a good CB) and Kos gave one of his 'dead between the ears' displays.

I wasn't happy with the general performance second half, but no PL team had it easy and watching the draw will be a delight , with no Scum, Chavs or Citeh balls in the pot.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:Something that the Citeh game and yesterday confirmed is that, if you don't cover your back 4 they will be exposed.

Against Citeh, the Ox, Alexis and the Coq worked hard to track back. yesterday, captain stupid (was he actually playing?) and Theo did Little to stop BHA getting onto our defence.

Chambers was at fault (I still think he'll develop into a good CB) and Kos gave one of his 'dead between the ears' displays.

I wasn't happy with the general performance second half, but no PL team had it easy and watching the draw will be a delight , with no Scum, Chavs or Citeh balls in the pot.
Good points. Particularly the bit in red. 8)

Theo, I suppose, is a bit like Ozil in that he isn't a worker defensively, but offers other things to justify his inclusion - and there is another whole argument about piano players and piano movers to be had there!! :lol: :wink:

Captain Stupid offers very very little in the real world. He's all huff and puff. His positioning is awful, floating around in a huge area between the strikers and the defenders but offering no tight cover for the CH's. He yells and points alot at other people but is constantly caught reacting too late to dangers near him, never anticipating, only reacting, never dictating the play or pace. Coq (who I'm not sold on yet tbh) is far better than Captain Stupid in every area. The only issue I have with Coq is that (similarly, but not as bad as Captain Stupid) he is often rash in the challenge and prone to giving away silly free kicks. If they could work on Coq's self-discipline he would deffo be an improvement on Stupid.

The other thing is that Stupid is a coward and only goes in to do someone when it's a lightweight - he never puts one in on a real thug or proper hardman. :oops: :roll: Coq, on the other hand, doesn't seem to fear anyone. Which I like. :D 8)

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Usual bullshit on here today ; each time we win the fans turn on each other, as the heat is temporarily off the manager and team. Fuck this shit. Fuck it.

Can't we all just get along?

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

TheCook wrote:Usual bullshit on here today ; each time we win the fans turn on each other, as the heat is temporarily off the manager and team. Fuck this shit. Fuck it.

Can't we all just get along?
Can’t agree I’m afraid.

99.9% of those who posted are delighted with the win - especially the first half performance. Sure, people will nit-pick, but that’s football.

There was a bit of a ding-dong between a couple of posters (one of whom is a fool) but again, that’s football, and par for the course on here.

Step

Post by Step »

Apologies for suggesting a few pubs near the station which ended up as HOME FANS ONLY. Ridiculous. Last time we were in town they were more than happy to let the Gooners in but they were having none of it this time.

As For FLAMINI I know I''m in the minority but I still admire his passion/determination and would have him in my team above Arteta and the over rated injury prone cocky chav Wilshire!