THE MIDDLESEX SWAMP DWELLERS AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Step

Re: THE MIDDLESEX SWAMP DWELLERS AWAY THREAD

Post by Step »

I watched it in a Royston pub full of Spuds and me in my Try Flammini shirt!!!

The Man City result was (as I thought at the time) a total one off. I honestly believe that tactically Wenger handed that one over to Steve Bould.

It was so unwenger like. Why do we go from a determined , closing down style of play like that to our more recognizable airy fairy 'we;ll play our way and ignore you' style? I'll tell you why Old Mr Wenger.

If we had shown the same attitude that we did at City and included Theo from the start it would have been so different.

Without Alexis and Chamberlain surely it was a no brainer to start with Theo. It defies logic but sadly is no longer unbelievable due to the cretin we have in charge.

We will probably hammer Leicester tomorrow and then of course it will all be alright in the Arsene Knows camp.

One step forward 2 behind.

Oh yeah and according to Ramsey we can still win the league. You're sadlyout of touch guys.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Thanks I can rest easy now :D
:lol:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

In spite of being a Londoner I have only ever met three Fulham fans.

One was scum.
One was alright, a bloke called Keith who felt that avoiding relegation as as much as he would ever see.
One was Des Lynam with whom I had a long chat about football. Very nice bloke, very knowledgeable (we he did present Grandstand for years!) and a gentleman, he was technically a Brighton fan but he explained that as he spent a lot of time in London he would go to Fuham as he lived nearest to their ground and regarded them as his London team, though if he could source a ticket he would go to Arsenal as he thought we played the most attractive and exciting football.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:I watched the last few minutes on 1 of the screens in craven cottage on saturday (yes I went to the fulham game), and I was surprised to see a good few cheering for the scum :o
The small clubs tend to stick together when one of their kind plays against a big club. :D 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
augie wrote:I watched the last few minutes on 1 of the screens in craven cottage on saturday (yes I went to the fulham game), and I was surprised to see a good few cheering for the scum :o
fulham 'fans' are c unts. no one actually supports fulham. they are just rugger buggers

There were two lads behind me that never stopped talking about work and the office all through the game :roll:
Hate to say it but if it wasn't for the Birmingham fans, there would have been no atmosphere at all at the game :oops:
Why were you there augie?

Once a year myself and the good wife go over to London for a weekend to meet up with her cousin and his wife - they are actually from Birmingham (but hate Birmingham city fc) and we (myself and her cousin) usually try to catch some game whilst we are there (two years ago we went to qpr v wolves). This time our choices were limited due to fcuk all games in London on Saturday, so it was a choice between going to milwall or Fulham and craven cottage won the vote.
He did suggest that he might try and source two tickets for the game at the swamp but I advised him against it on the basis that I would possibly have gotten both of us killed by scum fans at the game :oops: :oops:
:rubchin:

All I'm reading from that is: "Culchie wife swap orgy with cousin".

Dirty swamp monkeys. :roll:

:-P :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The Spurs open top bus is reportedly back in the garage after its 72 hour airing !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anyone been on Amazon.com yet to see if they've released the DVD/Mug/T-Shirt/Mouse Mat/Keyring yet? :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:Anyone been on Amazon.com yet to see if they've released the DVD/Mug/T-Shirt/Mouse Mat/Keyring yet? :rubchin:
Chas n Dave had the piano out too, but I heard that got put back in the garage last night too

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

If Wenger was Spuds manager he would claim last night's loss was down to beating Arsenal in the previous game...As delightful as it is to watch Spurs lose it is almost as hard to watch Liverpool win..I imagine facebook is full of Victim fans saying Ballotelli has turned the corner and they always believed in him.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Liverpool had to take off Stevie to win last night and QPR had to wait for Harry to leave to get an away point (or three)... #mythsexploded

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Liverpool had to take off Stevie to win last night and QPR had to wait for Harry to leave to get an away point (or three)... #mythsexploded
How can something "sexplode"? No, seriously, I'm interested.... :rubchin:

:D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Liverpool had to take off Stevie to win last night and QPR had to wait for Harry to leave to get an away point (or three)... #mythsexploded
How can something "sexplode"? No, seriously, I'm interested.... :rubchin:

:D
#myths -exploded..sorry to "arouse" you so early.. :D ...

Herd

Post by Herd »

For Info: Manorhouse at 12.0 was the past meeting point for the trip down the lane
You must be as old as me , remember those days well marching from there all the way to the lane !

Poor performance thought Coq was OK ramsey was awful as was giroud , cazola didnt have his best game and welbeck looked like someone who hadnt played for a while .......

Duffer could have tried to shake things up when we were leading but we know he sits back and hopes for the best .

Lost a huge bet and got mangled on soi 4 bangkok in bar cockney with a load of gooners ,great atmosphere shit game !

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Herd wrote:
For Info: Manorhouse at 12.0 was the past meeting point for the trip down the lane
You must be as old as me , remember those days well marching from there all the way to the lane !

Poor performance thought Coq was OK ramsey was awful as was giroud , cazola didnt have his best game and welbeck looked like someone who hadnt played for a while .......

Duffer could have tried to shake things up when we were leading but we know he sits back and hopes for the best .

Lost a huge bet and got mangled on soi 4 bangkok in bar cockney with a load of gooners ,great atmosphere shit game !
Ever thought about a quiet life mate?

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:

Lost a huge bet and got mangled by a bangkok ladyboy in bar cockney with a load of gooners ,great atmosphere shit game !
:rubchin:

:D :wink: