Manure FA Cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Manure FA Cup

Post by OneBardGooner »

CloakedGooner wrote:They're crap and shouldn't beat us, but our poor form up there makes me think we won't make the most of it. 1-1, and I'd fancy taking them back down here :barscarf:

It's not so much 'poor form# CG - It's more Mental Weakness - and the way we just roll over and let them walk all over us - and worse....If we had a manager who was able to 'Inspire' the players - so that they put the past results behind them (Properly) so that they go out wanting Victory and Blood - we would be favourites. Alas that isn't wenger's way - he's all too nice & fluffy in his approach, team talks etc - he rarely, rarely SHOUTS! - Which is what some players need...

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
CloakedGooner wrote:They're crap and shouldn't beat us, but our poor form up there makes me think we won't make the most of it. 1-1, and I'd fancy taking them back down here :barscarf:

It's not so much 'poor form# CG - It's more Mental Weakness - and the way we just roll over and let them walk all over us - and worse....If we had a manager who was able to 'Inspire' the players - so that they put the past results behind them (Properly) so that they go out wanting Victory and Blood - we would be favourites. Alas that isn't wenger's way - he's all too nice & fluffy in his approach, team talks etc - he rarely, rarely SHOUTS! - Which is what some players need...
I guess I'd agree with you. For far too long, we've had a mental block going up there. The team are probably beat half the time before they go out. Last season for instance I just knew we'd be moyes first big scalp when we went up there, and was raging to be proved right :evil: perhaps the manager should get harder on some of the lazy guys we have every now and then, but I think the players should really be up for this anyway tho. It's (a very beatable) Man Utd at old Trafford! :box:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Still dreading this and the bumholing we will no doubt receive :( manure are a huge 10/11 just to qualify :shock: considering how absolutely shite our record is against them i find that price very tempting.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Thing is, we have the players to beat them. If we actually play a fast, precise, attacking game they're there for the taking.

But we won't. We'll slow the game right down, dilly dally, tip toe, pass the ball side to side, lose possession etc which Utd will easily soak up before picking us off on the counter.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

Dan_85 wrote:Thing is, we have the players to beat them. If we actually play a fast, precise, attacking game they're there for the taking.

But we won't. We'll slow the game right down, dilly dally, tip toe, pass the ball side to side, lose possession etc which Utd will easily soak up before picking us off on the counter.
Dan.with you all day long on this. We should be capable but,sadly, 2-0 as we bottle it up there again. So hope I'm wrong but not going to hold my breath or i'll asphyxiate :(

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

WE are going to win this, don't know the score but just have a feeling we'll win it, got up this morning and thought...we will beat the manure...strange but I just hope its true, we owe them bastards . :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Getting more and more nervous about this as tomorrow approaches - want us to win this so badly and ensure another trophyless season for them so we can remind them to be as patient with their manager as some of their *word censored* have told us to be with ours

Just can't be optimistic - the home defeat against their pub defence this season dashed my last hopes that we'll beat them any time soon

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Absolutely shitting myself for tomorrow :shock:

Biggest game of the season hands down ...

Please arsenal

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

I want to be confident given how shit United have been all season but there is an anxiety growing in me, I can't shake this feeling that we'll concede a goal within the first 4 minutes and it will all go tits up from the off. If they score early I fear we'll shit ourselves and then they'll promptly get a second. Game done.

Is one performance at OT every decade really too much to ask?

Ffs Arsenal please don't bottle it.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I read that due to poor shirt sales, we will be wearing the 3rd blue kit tomorrow rather than Yellow....

:banghead:

the last time we wore it at OT we did score two mind. :barscarf:

but conceded 8. :shock:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:Getting more and more nervous about this as tomorrow approaches - want us to win this so badly and ensure another trophyless season for them so we can remind them to be as patient with their manager as some of their *word censored* have told us to be with ours

Just can't be optimistic - the home defeat against their pub defence this season dashed my last hopes that we'll beat them any time soon
Yep - would be fucking fantastic if we turned them over. They play Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and City in the next 6 league games and with them stuttering and us and Liverpool picking up wins, it's a good bet they'll spiral if they lose this.

We really should beat them, they have quality but it is sporadic and their team is completely unbalanced. I don't see us winning though. Too often we went up there playing expansive suicide football and took beatings, and then last year when they were there to be beaten we played for a 0-0 (even at 1-0 down) and deservedly lost. If we get things half as right tactically as we did at City we'll walk it.

They are there to be beaten and discontent seems to be growing but their fans will be right up for this and we will still have to earn our win up there.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:I read that due to poor shirt sales, we will be wearing the 3rd blue kit tomorrow rather than Yellow....

:banghead:

the last time we wore it at OT we did score two mind. :barscarf:

but conceded 8. :shock:

All about the $$$$$ :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

You just know if we lose it will jump start their season and they'll secure a top 4 finish and possibly the FA Cup when it looked like they were more likely to come 6th. :roll:

Step

Post by Step »

If we play with pace we will win. Trouble is the Clueless one won't.

0-3 if we do 2-0 if we don't.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Today March 9th marks 1,289 days since Arsenal lost 8-2 at Old Trafford. Arsenal do not owe Man Utd for that day , they owe us, their fans. They have owed us since that horrible day, I am scarred by that afternoon and only an Arsenal win against them will begin to put that right. We cannot change history but we can change the fallout from it. it has gone on far too long.

In February 2001 Manchester United beat Arsenal 6-1 at Old Trafford, fifteen months later Arsenal went to Old Trafford and won 1-0 to clinch the title and the double. That was when Arsenal were properly managed and had men with heart and guts in their team. Really is time to deliver against them..Today please Arsenal.