Manure FA Cup

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
VAVAVOOM 14

Re: Manure FA Cup

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Bradywasking wrote:
In February 2001 Manchester United beat Arsenal 6-1 at Old Trafford, fifteen months later Arsenal went to Old Trafford and won 1-0 to clinch the title and the double. That was when Arsenal were properly managed and had men with heart and guts in their team. Really is time to deliver against them..Today please Arsenal.
Great point. Back when the club had pride, integrity and character.

silus

Post by silus »

Trying to get some kip before setting off to manc land.
Haven't got a clue what the result will be...just going to enjoy a couple of days on the beer.
I was weirdly confident about this for some reason...until the monaco "performance"...now I'm shitting it.
As most people have said, if we turn up it's a very winnable game...if we don't...we are fucked.
I guess we'll all know after about 10 mins what the result will be...until then I'm going for .....
....2-0 to The Arsenal.

See you all up there :) :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Really not looking forward to this now tbh. They are there for the taking but we won't take them. Last season every fucker and their cousin went up their and beat them. Except us. The 8-2 is still hanging over us and over Wenger and he does not seem capable of either picking a team to win there or even motivating a team up there.

It's so frustrating, because if we went at them and dictated the game (ie; played our game like Wenger always blabs on about!! :roll: ) then I'm convinced we would beat them. But I can see us nervously sitting back, one up front, no attack and conceding a couple, then late on panicking and having a go before conceding a third on the break. :( :x

I'm praying he doesn't play the Big German Pussy because he is a fucking coward and we need as many men on the pitch as we can get tonight. But then with Gabriel having picked up his Arsenal Initiation Injury, we are a bit limited at the back.... :|

Metalheadz Gooner

Post by Metalheadz Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Really not looking forward to this now tbh. They are there for the taking but we won't take them. Last season every fucker and their cousin went up their and beat them. Except us. The 8-2 is still hanging over us and over Wenger and he does not seem capable of either picking a team to win there or even motivating a team up there.

It's so frustrating, because if we went at them and dictated the game (ie; played our game like Wenger always blabs on about!! :roll: ) then I'm convinced we would beat them. But I can see us nervously sitting back, one up front, no attack and conceding a couple, then late on panicking and having a go before conceding a third on the break. :( :x

I'm praying he doesn't play the Big German Pussy because he is a fucking coward and we need as many men on the pitch as we can get tonight. But then with Gabriel having picked up his Arsenal Initiation Injury, we are a bit limited at the back.... :|
About time we did something up there! They just need to play with same heart as against City and it's ours for the taking.

Trying to be positive!

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Monaco scored 3 for the 1st time in the league this weekend, so we kick started their season for them. I can see similar happening tonight, with di Maria playing like he can, and of course Rooney scoring as he always does.
There's no belief deep down in our team that we can win there. 2-0 Utd.

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

Believe!!! we can do this, I had a dream, I say I had a dream lol :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Positivity is hard to come by, but I'd like to wish all travelling Gooners the best for this trip - make some noise and out sing the Mancs on their own turf. :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

The boat from Dublin this morning was packed with manc scum......would a ship sinking be so bad..even if im on it :D

Speaking of sinking ships.....im not wanting to watch tonight at all.....its like being told beforehand that what your about to see is not suitable for anyone of any age such is the horrific nature of the car crash.....and then being forced to watch in slow motion.

I don't believe Wenger has the mental capacity to win big games.....LVG knows it...Maureen without doubt knows it...and we know it too, The only saving grace is that we are so used to being beaten up there that another defeat just tops up the numbness!!!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
clockender1 wrote:I read that due to poor shirt sales, we will be wearing the 3rd blue kit tomorrow rather than Yellow....

:banghead:

the last time we wore it at OT we did score two mind. :barscarf:

but conceded 8. :shock:

All about the $$$$$ :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:
So we are going into our biggest game of the season looking like a French Rugby League team... great!!..think I read earlier in the season that the blue kit is our "away FA Cup kit"... Arsenal should have ordered Puma to make a one off yellow shirt with yellow sleeves and blue collar... It wouldn't contravene rules as yellow is listed as our second strip.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is Now THE Biggest game of our season in that we are highly, HIGHLY unlikely to rescue the fuckfest that was/is Monaco - so we HAVE TO win this...If we do then that saves Wenger for a month or so..If we lose which many are understandably expecting because of Wenger's lack of management skills and so the teams lack of belief and bottle.

As someone said it is so damn frustrating because we have the players to turn these cuntts over - and do it in style - like we did against the other mancscumbags....

There's that part of me that keeps hoping and the other part that knowing wenker is in charge - also knows and fears the inevitable...

:cry: :banghead:

PLEASE! PLEASE! Come On Arsenal - Do it for Us Gooners! :? :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

xgtdec wrote:The boat from Dublin this morning was packed with manc scum......would a ship sinking be so bad..even if im on it :D

Speaking of sinking ships.....im not wanting to watch tonight at all.....its like being told beforehand that what your about to see is not suitable for anyone of any age such is the horrific nature of the car crash.....and then being forced to watch in slow motion.

I don't believe Wenger has the mental capacity to win big games.....LVG knows it...Maureen without doubt knows it...and we know it too, The only saving grace is that we are so used to being beaten up there that another defeat just tops up the numbness!!!
Are you going over for the game ? Yeah the Oirish United fans are as comical as their Liverpool counterparts... Had the pleasure of working with a United "fan" a few years back.. Often told the story of the time they went to THE match . Like many he only had been there once. Anyway his fairytale was of being in a United pub before the game , many of his party had no tickets for the game. they got drinking with a bunch of United season ticket holders, who handed their season tickets over to this bunch of Irish lads they had never met before . They cheerily said "here lads use our (season) tickets , we can go anytime" . I believed him because things like that happen all the time. :wink: ..The lads went to "Trafford , " (apparently that's what United fans call it) and then back to the pub to drink the weekend away with their new friends. oh yeah I am sure he threw in the obligatory "they love the Irish over there"..

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Bradywasking wrote:
xgtdec wrote:The boat from Dublin this morning was packed with manc scum......would a ship sinking be so bad..even if im on it :D

Are you going over for the game ? Yeah the Oirish United fans are as comical as their Liverpool counterparts... Had the pleasure of working with a United "fan" a few years back.. Often told the story of the time they went to THE match . Like many he only had been there once. Anyway his fairytale was of being in a United pub before the game , many of his party had no tickets for the game. they got drinking with a bunch of United season ticket holders, who handed their season tickets over to this bunch of Irish lads they had never met before . They cheerily said "here lads use our (season) tickets , we can go anytime" . I believed him because things like that happen all the time. :wink: ..The lads went to "Trafford , " (apparently that's what United fans call it) and then back to the pub to drink the weekend away with their new friends. oh yeah I am sure he threw in the obligatory "they love the Irish over there"..

SShhhhhh im undercover due to a lack of away ticket 8)
Last edited by xgtdec on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this so obviously has a Rooney late winner headline all over it.

for some reason loads of pundits seem to think we have a great chance.
well yes in theory we do but when was the last time we won a big away cup match?

im torn here. on the one hand I want us to win but on the other this is the perfect opportunity with a huge TV audience where Wenger can be totally exposed as the inept fraud of a manager that he is.

sorry if I am being negative but I had an argument with an AKB at the weekend who told me that Wenger was very nice and doing a very good job and that it wasnt his fault that the nasty board wouldnt give him any money :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Gunner Rob wrote:well yes in theory we do but when was the last time we won a big away cup match?
I'd say not since 2007 when we won at Anfield in the third round. Just the eight years then!

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Gunner Rob wrote:this so obviously has a Rooney late winner headline all over it.

for some reason loads of pundits seem to think we have a great chance.
well yes in theory we do but when was the last time we won a big away cup match?

im torn here. on the one hand I want us to win but on the other this is the perfect opportunity with a huge TV audience where Wenger can be totally exposed as the inept fraud of a manager that he is.

sorry if I am being negative but I had an argument with an AKB at the weekend who told me that Wenger was very nice and doing a very good job and that it wasnt his fault that the nasty board wouldnt give him any money :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
So because of that you want the team to fail? Odd.