The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:Man Utd haven't signed Schneiderlin yet so there's still a chance for us to get in there but I wonder if we're interested or have the ability to compete in a transfer battle.

Not.Gonna.Happen - it appears that le cock has decided that the emergence of coquelin means that we no longer need a DM (who could see that happening eh ? :roll: ). The papers this morning are saying that le cock isnt interested in signing either schneiderlin or vidal :x

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

augie wrote:
Midz wrote:Man Utd haven't signed Schneiderlin yet so there's still a chance for us to get in there but I wonder if we're interested or have the ability to compete in a transfer battle.

Not.Gonna.Happen - it appears that le cock has decided that the emergence of coquelin means that we no longer need a DM (who could see that happening eh ? :roll: ). The papers this morning are saying that le cock isnt interested in signing either schneiderlin or vidal :x
Wenger said himself he wasn't interested in Vidal at the very start of the month. People just chose to ignore it in favour of newspaper gossip.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

What about bringing back Gervinho to push for the title he's a snip at 100K a week plus helicopter and his own island

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Redarmy wrote:What about bringing back Gervinho to push for the title he's a snip at 100K a week plus helicopter and his own island
Hmmm, not bad.

At least Gerv would come with very own built-in helipad.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

officepest wrote:
Redarmy wrote:What about bringing back Gervinho to push for the title he's a snip at 100K a week plus helicopter and his own island
Hmmm, not bad.

At least Gerv would come with very own built-in helipad.
apparently he was offer in the regions of 135k a week and he still wanted those demands!!

are modern footballers so delusional that they don't see a good thing in front of them or just greedy bast**ds!!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Cant see anything more happening for us this window, if I take that approach then IF anyone does come it will be a nice surprise. :oops:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Aaww mate don't do it to yurself....remember the one of the Gooner Golden Motto's

"It's The Hope That Wenger Will Sign What We Need That Kills Us"
:wink:

Having said that if we really are in for Vargas...forget the motto's I say! :lol: :wink:

VARGAS ! :barscarf:
I was half expecting you to come out with: Viva Los Vargas. :oops: :lol: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

More importantly, he would 'save us from all those dizzying prices'. :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

kiwomya wrote:
augie wrote:

Wenger said himself he wasn't interested in Vidal at the very start of the month. People just chose to ignore it in favour of newspaper gossip.

I think people chose to ignore it because they know that we have a big need in that position and are hoping that le cock is going to address it - call it delusional if you like :(

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Talk of Schweinsteiger being available because Munich have various options but surely it would make sense for us to test the waters regarding Javi Martinez as he could fill both holding midfield and back up centre back gaps we have.

Him plus the world class striker and we could be serious title contenders.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Radamel Falcao will continue his tragi-comic attempts to metaphorically hit the cow's arse with a banjo in England again.

Chelsea get to watch him trap the ball twenty yards and fall over like a clown with Parkinson's this time; all while paying him £17bn p/w.

:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Chopper wrote:Talk of Schweinsteiger being available because Munich have various options but surely it would make sense for us to test the waters regarding Javi Martinez as he could fill both holding midfield and back up centre back gaps we have.

I would fcuking love it if we could sign javi martinez - go back 3 or 4 years ago on this forum and you will see me yearning for us to sign him as he dominated and lead spain to european under 21 champions success, and that was while he was with bilbao. I cannot understand why he would accept sitting on munich's bench as they continue to win trophies at will - surely any quality player in that situation would feel like a peripheral part of the success ? If we signed him we would instantly become genuine challengers imo and he would be exactly the type of signing that would make other clubs and players sit up and take notice again

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Chopper wrote:Talk of Schweinsteiger being available because Munich have various options but surely it would make sense for us to test the waters regarding Javi Martinez as he could fill both holding midfield and back up centre back gaps we have.

Plus, Bayern have just signed Douglas Costa, so have a load of midfielders. Martinez would be my ideal DM and would save us having to buy a CB, leaving shed loads of money for a ST.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

The only thing I'd have against Martinez is his recent injury record

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've just read the the Barcodes have approached Wolfsburg about their stiker, Bas Dost.

I know nothing about him, but I'd love it if we had a player called Bas Dost. The last seven letters in the scrabble bag.