The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
defleppardisking

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by defleppardisking »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:Benzema is coming guys.
thats quite an ambiguous post, you know coming has a double meaning :shock:
I dun know what you're talking about. I'm just an innocent boy who knows he's cumming oops i mean coming. :D

Ricay

Post by Ricay »

markyp wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:
markyp wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:Just seen Chesney on SSN, in the airport terminal at Rome looking like an utter tit wearing a pair of tinted sunglasses.

Please do not come back you utter prick. My pet hate is people who wear sunglasses indoors!
what about stevie wonder? :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
one might say chesney and stevie are blessed with similar eyesight :shock:
one might say stevie is the better GK :lol: :lol: :lol:
And some might say you are a dreamer and your not the only one............with apologies to John Lennon ! :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Unfortunately Drogba is now too old to be a starter in our "We Nearly Signed Them XI", so the non existent signing of Benzema is a very welcome one. Zlatan and Ronaldo are definitely still the front two, but adding Benzema to sit alongside Higuain on the virtual bench means we've got 4 nearly signed strikers of absolute "top, top quality"

augie

Post by augie »

I see that great bastian of integrity, the Daily Mirror, is claiming that valencia are offering negredo to premier league sides in a bid to trim their wage bill :o Dont know about the rest of you but I was very impressed with him when he was at citeeh and would feel that he would be an upgrade on giroud (albeit not a huge upgrade)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Looks like we are going into the season with no cover for Coquelin, that is a serious concern

Being a relative youngster, second season, he likes to get in the mix and leave his foot in.....another dubious decision from our leader

silus

Post by silus »

Redarmy wrote:Looks like we are going into the season with no cover for Coquelin, that is a serious concern

Being a relative youngster, second season, he likes to get in the mix and leave his foot in.....another dubious decision from our leader
This is the bigger concern for me. People are getting worried about not getting a new striker but I think a DM is more important.
Whilst a superstar striker would be nice I think we have enough goals in the team to cope well enough without one. If, however, we don't get a DM we will be in trouble. Coq looked good for 6 months but may not hit the same form and will possibly (more than likely 2 weeks after window closes) get injured...that leaves us with Arteta :oops:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

Plus ca change.... :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

silus wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Looks like we are going into the season with no cover for Coquelin, that is a serious concern

This is the bigger concern for me. People are getting worried about not getting a new striker but I think a DM is more important.
Whilst a superstar striker would be nice I think we have enough goals in the team to cope well enough without one. If, however, we don't get a DM we will be in trouble. Coq looked good for 6 months but may not hit the same form and will possibly (more than likely 2 weeks after window closes) get injured...that leaves us with Arteta :oops:
And Flamini :D

I must admit, it is a worry. :?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
silus wrote:

And Flamini :D

I must admit, it is a worry. :?
Looks like Wenger is either winging it or has a cunning plan

:rubchin: :D

silus

Post by silus »

I was hoping Flamini would have left by then :wink:

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure Wenger thinks the DM position is covered. He may get another striker in but I reckon it will be of the underwhelming variety :cry:

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

I can confirm that Benzema will be the next on the list of the one million players I almost signed.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

augie wrote:I see that great bastian of integrity, the Daily Mirror, is claiming that valencia are offering negredo to premier league sides in a bid to trim their wage bill :o Dont know about the rest of you but I was very impressed with him when he was at citeeh and would feel that he would be an upgrade on giroud (albeit not a huge upgrade)

I think Negredo would be better for us than Giroud, and while Llorente is better than Giroud as well, Negredo is quicker and has better movement. Still a bit underwhelming though.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

SteveO 35 wrote:Unfortunately Drogba is now too old to be a starter in our "We Nearly Signed Them XI", so the non existent signing of Benzema is a very welcome one. Zlatan and Ronaldo are definitely still the front two, but adding Benzema to sit alongside Higuain on the virtual bench means we've got 4 nearly signed strikers of absolute "top, top quality"
Now now Steven :wink: , you've missed out the virtual Messi; surely you've got room for him too?

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

officepest wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Unfortunately Drogba is now too old to be a starter in our "We Nearly Signed Them XI", so the non existent signing of Benzema is a very welcome one. Zlatan and Ronaldo are definitely still the front two, but adding Benzema to sit alongside Higuain on the virtual bench means we've got 4 nearly signed strikers of absolute "top, top quality"
Now now Steven :wink: , you've missed out the virtual Messi; surely you've got room for him too?
Yes I'd have Messi ahead of both :barscarf: :barscarf:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/13/lionel-me ... r-5243780/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
augie wrote:I see that great bastian of integrity, the Daily Mirror, is claiming that valencia are offering negredo to premier league sides in a bid to trim their wage bill :o Dont know about the rest of you but I was very impressed with him when he was at citeeh and would feel that he would be an upgrade on giroud (albeit not a huge upgrade)

I think Negredo would be better for us than Giroud, and while Llorente is better than Giroud as well, Negredo is quicker and has better movement. Still a bit underwhelming though.
I agree and disagree with you both. :lol: For me, both are probably better technical footballers than Giroud, both are probably faster, but both seem to me to be even more inconsistent than Giroud. Either way, all 3 are of a reasonably similar level. We need a consistent 20+ PL goals a season striker. None of the 3 of them are that and probably never will be. :|