Rugby World Cup 2015

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
arseofacrow

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:Anyone seen SteveO the Racist on this thread? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :D :wink:

But seriously, how much longer is all this gayness going to go on? :roll:

:wink: :wink:
You tell us!

:rubchin: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Anyone seen SteveO the Racist on this thread? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :D :wink:

But seriously, how much longer is all this gayness going to go on? :roll:

:wink: :wink:
You tell us!

:rubchin: :wink:
:lol:

Take that cock out of your mouth. I can't understand a word you are saying. :roll:

:lol: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Oierland or "the guys" as we are now calling them are playing Sunday.. pity any Gooner going into a Dublin pub hoping to see the Arsenal game.. You will get the "rugby is a man's game" rubbish etc.
When someone is pissing you off about this orgy of shite just ask them when are Germany or Spain playing , two sporting superpowers.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:Oierland or "the guys" as we are now calling them are playing Sunday.. pity any Gooner going into a Dublin pub hoping to see the Arsenal game.. You will get the "rugby is a man's game" rubbish etc.
When someone is pissing you off about this orgy of shite just ask them when are Germany or Spain playing , two sporting superpowers.
Love that horsehit. Soft fat arseholes rubbing slowly off each other a man's game. Yeah, right. :lol: :roll:

Mouthy mate of mine was always giving it that. He's 6 foot, fairly well built and had played a bit of rugby. So we invited him down to a charity match our team was playing in that allowed 2 bangers per side. He got to touch the ball twice. First time someone went right through him and put him on his arse holding his knee. Second one in the air and a bloke so tiny he'd make OneBardEwok look like Mertaslacker nailed him and broke two of his ribs. In fairness the little fucker was built like a tank. Matey boy whined like a bitch for weeks after. But it opened his fucking eyes to what amateur football is like.

And I'm not for one minute admitting I told the other team that matey boy was a mouthy rugby fan. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:Not that it matters at all, but I find it hard to understand why Prince William, an Englishman, would so publicly celebrate and enjoy England losing a match that could eliminate them from the World Cup. :o

I know he has links to Wales and holds some random honorary position in Welsh Rugby, but he's English and will be our future king. He also seems passionate about the England football team, so surely he should be supporting England or be neutral? or at the very least not enjoy English defeat?

Anyway, I genuinely don't care. I just find it odd :rubchin: :lol:
Naaah what IS 'Odd' is he's an uggo *word censored* and yet he gets to bang a well fit missus. :?

Step

Post by Step »

As another day of apparently crucial encounters begins featuring rather large Toffs packed into tight fitting jerseys I thought I would up date you on the inter hemisphere title.

Following last night's NZ/Georgia tussle the score stands at

NORTHERN HEMISPHERE 722 pts SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE 535 pts.

Lets hope the Southern Aussie chaps can close the gap today in particular by stuffing old Star Gazers Toffs (Robshaw/Youngs/Borthwick etc all state school lads) out of sight!!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Somebody was having an absolute field day when they lined up Australia v Wales at 445 then Bosnia v Wales at 8 next Saturday :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Think England will get beaten by Australia today. They've struggled at Twickenham in the past but it's because they are rarely able to compete at the scrum and last time round gave away 4 more penalties than England. They're a different beast now and you don't win the Rugby Championship if you're soft up front. They also have the best back row in the world and England couldn't manage to compete at the breakdown with Wales so they are going to have their hands full with Pocock and Hooper.

England's selection policy and tactics are just too scattergun. Whilst Farrell and Burgess did okay when they came in last week, they are completely different players to Ford and Joseph/Slade and it changes the way England would have played. Where is the identity? As an example Wales are notoriously one-dimensional but at least the players coming into the side know how the team players and what their role is, hence why the likes of club-level players like Hallam Amos and Matthew Morgan are able to come into the side without being too detrimental to the team.

They're also not fit enough. England players were walking round with their hands on their knees panting for the last 20 minutes last Saturday. Mike Brown should never have been isolated for that decisive penalty but England were just too slow getting there. In contrast Wales had George North, Sam Warburton and Gethin Jenkins over the ball who had all been on since the start - Jenkins is shit in the scrum but how many loosehead props in world rugby would be chasing a high kick after 75 minutes and first on the scene of the breakdown?

That said England are more than capable of beating Australia, unlike Wales. They are not suddenly a bad team and most times would have run out winners last week but were castigated for their lack of gameplan and inability to beat a Wales side that were weakened and walking wounded.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Cometh the hour and all that. I read that England couldn't handle the pressure last week. Well, it doesn't get more pressurised than this one! Great sportsmen thrive on pressure, so c'mon England. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

We're not going to come back from this. England out of their own world cup at the group stages. Pah

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

after the dross that was England v Wales last week, it's nice to finally see a rugby team with verve and skill. Sadly, it's the Aussies... :cry: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Oh well, Prince William will be happy. :roll:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Well that was depressing. Arsenal had better win tomorrow or my weekend, sports speaking will be ruined.

Step

Post by Step »

What a top day for results. Chelsea beaten and our Rugga Toffs dumped by a proper class balanced side!

I just heard Wilkinson bemoaning the fact that they were not going to win the cup but did he not overlook the fact that we hold the CALCUTTA CUP so why is he being so greedy!

Anyway back to the hemisphere dual and after today's fixtures the score stands at

Northern Hemisphere 777 pts Southern Hemisphere 607.

Good to see the posh birds who don't even know the rules of the game faking their dismay in the stands today.

Overall a great result for Rugby Union as it can hopefully be brushed away for another 4 years, RESULT.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Australia were just a class apart from England.

England's back row and general breakdown play was embarrassing. Australia are the best in the world at it butin the quarters. still it just men against boys. Chris Robshaw is a decent club player masquerading as an international, Tom Wood has done nothing except for kicking Liam Williams in the head and Morgan is just a clogger in the loose. Poitre let England get away with murder (Burgess and Cole should have joined Farrell in the bin for a start) but they never looked like taking advantage.

England have got some seriously decent backs - Joseph didn't look fit but Brown and May are very dangerous with ball in hand and Watson is a good player. But there was just such a desperation to break the line with every move and it ended up time and time again with a turnover. By contrast Australia were happy to take contact or lose a few yards if moves didn't come off. Whilst the commentators were creaming themselves over some hard-hitting before Australia's first try they were blind because Australia were getting the ball back with consummate ease as England couldn't compete at the ruck, and being able to build phase after phase with quick ball a team with that much quality in the backs will punish you.

Australia will waltz past Wales next week whose World Cup is realistically over - Twickenham was their pinnacle and they're too much of a spent force to contest with the quality of Australia or the physicality and brutality of the Saffers

Step

Post by Step »

WHO HONESTLY CARES!