Rugby World Cup 2015

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
northbank123

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by northbank123 »

Step wrote:WHO HONESTLY CARES!
All of the people at all of the packed stadiums for a start. Oh and you apparently judging by all of your posts on this thread (hilarious btw).

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

'Australia will waltz past Wales next week whose World Cup is realistically over - Twickenham was their pinnacle and they're too much of a spent force to contest with the quality of Australia or the physicality and brutality of the Saffers'

Wales are out of the group and into the knock out stages, that's all that matters right now - we are not. :x

We didn't deserve to beat either Wales or Australia, so I've got no complaints there, but how did three of the strong teams end up in the same group together? When you look at some of the other groups, teams much weaker than the three in the group of death will be in the quarter finals, it's not very balanced to get the best matches later on.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

casgooner wrote:'Australia will waltz past Wales next week whose World Cup is realistically over - Twickenham was their pinnacle and they're too much of a spent force to contest with the quality of Australia or the physicality and brutality of the Saffers'

Wales are out of the group and into the knock out stages, that's all that matters right now - we are not. :x

We didn't deserve to beat either Wales or Australia, so I've got no complaints there, but how did three of the strong teams end up in the same group together? When you look at some of the other groups, teams much weaker than the three in the group of death will be in the quarter finals, it's not very balanced to get the best matches later on.
Agreed, and even if not immediately in time Wales fans will certainly realise that given the injuries Wales getting out of the group was a great achievement and an overall success.

It was drawn nearly 3 years ago which is a joke and it just so happened that (despite being 2nd now bizarrely) Wales had dropped below both Scotland and Argentina (despite always having been streets better for both) for a short period in which the draw happened to be made.

Saying that at least there was some interest in the group stages because of this rather than the usual procession with possibly one big game in each group to determine winners/runners-up.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

I'm not sure if Lancaster should go or not, but if he stays, I want nothing less then a 6 Nations win with a Grand Slam. If he doesn't deliver that, he can go.

Step

Post by Step »

Sorry but I really do not get it with Rugga fans.

Winning the '6 Nations' (effectively a Northern Hemisphere World Cup in itself) is not enough to save Star Gazer's job unless it's a 'Grand Slam'.

Most countries would be happy to win a Home Internationals style tournament even if a match was drawn or lost in doing so.

Although I'm clearly not the slightest bit interested in all this over-hyped heave hoeing I still fail to see the logic of the Barbour Jacketed masses.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Step wrote:Sorry but I really do not get it with Rugga fans.

Winning the '6 Nations' (effectively a Northern Hemisphere World Cup in itself) is not enough to save Star Gazer's job unless it's a 'Grand Slam'.

Most countries would be happy to win a Home Internationals style tournament even if a match was drawn or lost in doing so.

Although I'm clearly not the slightest bit interested in all this over-hyped heave hoeing I still fail to see the logic of the Barbour Jacketed masses.
Who? :?

I think we probably have slightly different perceptions of rugby fan demographics!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Let's play a new game. I call it; "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's SteveO?!"

:cake:

:D :wink:

Step

Post by Step »

Hemisphere update:

Following this weekend's batch of fixtures the score is

Northern Hemisphere 802 pts Southern Hemisphere 668 pts.

The gap is closing.

It will come down to how many of each hemisphere qualify for the 'Play Off' phase.

I'll keep you posted as I know it means so much to you Rugga Boys!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

northbank123 wrote:
casgooner wrote:'Australia will waltz past Wales next week whose World Cup is realistically over - Twickenham was their pinnacle and they're too much of a spent force to contest with the quality of Australia or the physicality and brutality of the Saffers'

Agreed, and even if not immediately in time Wales fans will certainly realise that given the injuries Wales getting out of the group was a great achievement and an overall success.

It was drawn nearly 3 years ago which is a joke and it just so happened that (despite being 2nd now bizarrely) Wales had dropped below both Scotland and Argentina (despite always having been streets better for both) for a short period in which the draw happened to be made.

Saying that at least there was some interest in the group stages because of this rather than the usual procession with possibly one big game in each group to determine winners/runners-up.
Very true, That group, along with Japan, has given the group stages some much needed life. Give Argentina some credit as well they've made strides and Fiji put the wind up Wales the other day as well.

Australia showed the difference between the teams who flow and England, who despite throwing it around for the most part looked slow and ponderous.

Can't dee past New Zealand but I think Wales with a squad would've pushed them. And if Australia can maintain their levels then they can perhaps do NZ, who, might choke!

Step

Post by Step »

6/10/15

Northern Hemisphere 834 pts Southern Hemisphere 730 pts.

It's not over yet (unfortunately).

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Saw a good quote (might have been Campese) along the lines of what our media cal flair, the Australians consider to r fundamental skills executed under pressure.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Saw a good quote (might have been Campese) along the lines of what our media cal flair, the Australians consider to r fundamental skills executed under pressure.
Saw an even better quote (might have been Noel Gallagher) along the lines of it's a nonsense of a sport. 8)

Additional; Played by closet cases. 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Saw a good quote (might have been Campese) along the lines of what our media cal flair, the Australians consider to r fundamental skills executed under pressure.
Saw an even better quote (might have been Noel Gallagher) along the lines of it's a nonsense of a sport. 8)

Out of interest was it the same rugby-loving PE teacher that molested you and Step? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Out of interest was it the same rugby-loving PE teacher that molested you and Step? :lol:
Yes. I've said too much! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

scotland gunner fluke their way to the qf