Rugby World Cup 2015

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
g88ner

Re: Rugby World Cup 2015

Post by g88ner »

Oh well, Englishman Prince William can now piss off back to his English mansion now that his beloved Wales are out. :cussing:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

France is going to lose badly here if the first 5 mins are anything to go by

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

If we want a Northern Hemisphere side to win, we're going to be supporting Ireland. Wales out, France will, I'm sure, be out. No way Scotland are going to beat Australia. Come on Ireland :barscarf: :barscarf:

Step

Post by Step »

Well after the first two 'play off' tussles we have the following score

Northern Hemisphere 1118 pts Southern Hemisphere 1085 pts.

It's getting closer and closer but I think the Southern Hemisphere are timing their surge perfectly.

Could conceivably be an all Southern Hemisphere Semi final line up and then it will be curtains for the Northern Hemisphere.

Well I am all hemisphered out!

And now the booing has started on the TV and the presenters look physically shocked at such behavior. Surprised they haven't said 'this is rugby not football' . Shame on you Rugga buggers.

Roll on tomorrow's inter- hemispherical duels.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Can't fault Wales today. Last week they were excellent against Australia but blew the chance to win the game. Today they gave absolutely everything but as Gatland said just simply weren't good enough to beat South Africa. Tremendous defence to give themselves a chance. Normally Wales' fitness shows towards the end as it did against England, but today they were out on their feet. South Africa became more dominant as the age went on - it showed that they have had to play Japan, the worst second tier side in Scotland, the worst Pacific Island side in Samoa and arguably the worst side in the competition in USA as opposed to England, Australia and the best Pacific Island side in a good few years.

Surprise surprise it was that useless prick Alex Cuthbert who inexplicably fucked it up: he didn't need to come off his wing as Vermeulen was being held but having done so his one job was to stop the offload. He is about 19st of muscle and got brushed aside like a twig. That said South African's forwards were getting over the gain line every time with ease and you have to say that South Africa looked like engineering a simple drop goal chance if they needed. I always thought that South Africa were favourites but gutting to lose it so late.

Alun Wyn Jones had a poor game for the first time in as long as I can remember. Sam Warburton was again absolutely immense - as were Burger and Vermeulen. You watch any decent side play and the strength in the back row in world rugby now is unbelievable - and it's fucking hilarious that Chris fucking Robshaw is captaining England.

New Zealand are scary when they click. As well as Australia have beenn playing I find it so difficult to see anybody beating them if they play anywhere near their potential.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Always good to see the French get stuffed :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Oops this is not going to plan. Argies 17 nil up

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:Oh well, Englishman Prince William can now piss off back to his English mansion now that his beloved Wales are out. :cussing:
:lol:

You ok mate?

:D

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

Looking better now, 17 -20 down. Come on Ireland, the Northern Hemisphere is depending on you. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

arseofacrow wrote:
g88ner wrote:Oh well, Englishman Prince William can now piss off back to his English mansion now that his beloved Wales are out. :cussing:

You ok mate?

Yes! :D

I've concluded that Prince William shouldn't have been celebrating an English defeat so joyfully when it ultimately knocked us out of a home world cup and (apparently) cost the economy a large chuck of money :lol: - I think that's a poor show old chap :proudtosay:

But if all honesty, it's pretty irrelevant :D

Looks like the Argies are stuffing the Irish :barscarf:

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

And that is that, Ireland 20 points behind with 7 mins to go. We have turn to Scotland now, but I just can't see it happening.

Step

Post by Step »

My prediction is coming true. It looks like there will be no Northern Hemisphere representation in the last 4.

Good to see the hemisphere issue getting the usual airings post Argentina/Ireland and nice to see the presenters resplendent in their brown shoes plus posh birds who have no idea about the game interviewing players after the match.

Hold on this 'World Cup' was held in the Northern Hemisphere yet now very likely that all the semi finalists will be Southern hemisphere. Makes the 6 nations look like what it actually is an insignificant Home Internationals tournament!

Step

Post by Step »

---- oh and by the way following the third qtr final 'play off' the score is

Northern Hemisphere 1138 pts Southern Hemisphere 1128 pts - they're gonna get yer !!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

You ok mate?

Yes! :D

I've concluded that Prince William shouldn't have been celebrating an English defeat so joyfully when it ultimately knocked us out of a home world cup and (apparently) cost the economy a large chuck of money :lol: - I think that's a poor show old chap :proudtosay:

But if all honesty, it's pretty irrelevant :D

Looks like the Argies are stuffing the Irish :barscarf:

Well and truly plucked, stuffed and cooked. The Argentinians were brilliant although the game was on a knife edge in the second half.

casgooner

Post by casgooner »

The weather, therefore the hard pitches played right into the Southern Hemisphere's hands. Not me saying that, the commentators, what a load of b&&&%%%. Same for all teams out there. Come on Scotland :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: