THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by officepest »

arseofacrow wrote:
officepest wrote:For the avoidance of any doubt: Welbeck is fucking stains.
He's fucking the whole of a Surrey town? :shock:

No wonder he needs time off! :roll:
I figured some smartarse would post something like this. :roll:

I also thought said smartarse would be you. :lol: :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

officepest wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

Hlebby hacked my account, mate :shock: :o :D

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

arseofacrow wrote:
officepest wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:

Hlebby hacked my account, mate :shock: :o :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, the joke was of such high quality that it could easily and understandably have been mistaken for being my work. 8) :wink: Heck, even I initially thought that I'd written it!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
He's fucking the hole off a Surrey town? :shock:

And there's the Dublin version for my brethren! :lol: :barscarf:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Maybe we should get this fella in to talk to The Arsenal for the Half-time talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p036n6ql

Pass pass pass .... pass pass pass .....pass pass pass......

Humoresque

Post by Humoresque »

Mathieu Flamini will hold the midfield when Coq is crocked!!!

let's just hope AC Milan don't want him back after 5 years off pulling splinters out of his a$$

MrT

Post by MrT »

Fitness coach Verheijen seems to be the only person with balls to criticize Wenger publicly for his training methods. Even got Wenger to arrogantly shoot him down, as expected.
Within the space of 2 weeks the Arsenal players Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain & Bellerin have picked up muscle injuries. Who's next?

This guy will probably choose denial & put responsibility outside himself again by labelling Bellerin 'injury prone' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42LSIa3L8aA

Or maybe he will repeat again he trusts his medical staff although they have nothing to do with causing injuries. They only cure injuries.

Do players get injured because they are injury prone or do players become injury prone because of injury after injury due to overtraining?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Humoresque wrote:Mathieu Flamini will hold his finger out for the ref to pull when Coq is crocked!!!

let's just hope AC Milan don't want him back after 5 years off pulling splinters out of his a$$ and asking team mates to pull his finger

hmmmmm :wink:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Theoperator wrote:
Sean wrote:It's true that Campbell has fuck all football intelligence. Another foreign kid who was bought young and did fuck all for the Arsenal. I thought he was 16 when we signed him, but he was 19. Now he's 23 and he hasn't come on at all! Another indictment of The Old Fraud.

Could Welbeck have been the answer if he was ever fit? Assuming he was ever coached properly? He had workrate and mobility and also had good games and goals for England on occasion (I know, but still). I know players aren't actually coached or taught anything by The Old Fraud, they are very much left to their own devices to figure it out for themselves, which with this generation it's the blind leading the blind unfortunately.
Really cant judge Campbell on such a few minutes of play least of all football intellegence- he wasnt able to play for us due to work permit problems till last season, much of which was spent at Villareal on loan , think your being unfair mate there- his goal showed more composure than many AFC players weve seen.

Afraid Welbeck isnt any answer other than "NO" AW is rumoured not to have wanted him, been pretty permacrocked and even when not he just didnt seem to have what we need at all. I like the guy especially for knocking out Manure, but dont honestly see focussing on Welbeck for the future is anything but worse for us that Giroud, who at least can get the ball in the net reasonably often :oops:
To be fair, I did say that just before Swansea game :oops:

There have been times he has failed to slow down the game in the dying minutes of games, keeping us under pressure.

He did take his goal well. But will he ever be played in his correct position - Striker - under TOF? It seems like he'll only ever play on the wing. Coming off the bench is almost pointless, as TOF only does subs at 70 minutes and much later.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

MrT wrote:Fitness coach Verheijen seems to be the only person with balls to criticize Wenger publicly for his training methods. Even got Wenger to arrogantly shoot him down, as expected.
Within the space of 2 weeks the Arsenal players Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain & Bellerin have picked up muscle injuries. Who's next?

This guy will probably choose denial & put responsibility outside himself again by labelling Bellerin 'injury prone' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42LSIa3L8aA

Or maybe he will repeat again he trusts his medical staff although they have nothing to do with causing injuries. They only cure injuries.

Do players get injured because they are injury prone or do players become injury prone because of injury after injury due to overtraining?
Not quite sure about the overtraining bit cos all they appear to do is play 1/2 touch little plays with some light jogging ( maybe it's the jogging bit they need to reign in ? )

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Another glorious night in Europe, as the man who has worked trophyless in Europe for 30 years continues his quest for the holy grail

ONE ARSENE WENGER.....THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Blade

Post by Blade »

Why even bother to play in this competition? Waste time and money for the fans.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Why even bother to play in this competition? Waste time and money for the fans.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Is getting thrashed 5-1 and bottom of the CL table means competing with the best in Europe? I guess so.

augie

Post by augie »

defleppardisking wrote:Is getting thrashed 5-1 and bottom of the CL table means competing with the best in Europe? I guess so.

Exceptional circumstances - we were missing two (maybe three) first 11 players :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: