Southampton home game thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Southampton home game thread

Post by Nos89 »

Trying to get a positive without having watched the game...we didn't lose and didn't concede. Hopefully our trend of losing a game, draw the next league game then go on a winning run happens as we need to win next 12 out of 14 games

But that is a HUGE two points dropped.
Last edited by Nos89 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

rodders999 wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed off that I've emailed sky about you and your dodgy links :banghead:

:wink:
Kahnt. :twisted:

Midz

Post by Midz »

It's not just Wenger although he plays a massive part in our ineptitude. It's the whole board that's rotten to the core. Not to mention our owner who is a useless twat.

We need a clear out at management level and bring in some younger blood that has football interests.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Chippy wrote:BTW those of you who got upset cos I was mildly threatening in my PM about the links, please bear in mind I am not typing everyone individually. It is 90% cut and paste. Any way the links were pretty shit tonight and I am not just talking about the football.
Sorry for calling you Sir chips. :(

Sir Chips. :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Chippy wrote:BTW those of you who got upset cos I was mildly threatening in my PM about the links, please bear in mind I am not typing everyone individually. It is 90% cut and paste. Any way the links were pretty shit tonight and I am not just talking about the football.

:D :D :wink:

I gave up on the link after 5 minutes too chippy - everytime I use one of these sites, all these f.ucking pop up windows appear and when I click on the x to close the pop it only goes and opens it in a new window :banghead: :banghead:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

BFG4 wrote:The saddest part of tonight is that I didn't really feel angry by the final whistle, as this has become the norm, when the pressure comes on we buckle. I never thought we could win the league, and even had we sneaked a win tonight, we still wouldn't have won the title. We have several players at the club, who are stealing a living, Flamini and Walcott springs to mind. In addition, we have a manager, who has no clue about tactics, or changing things. We set up the exact same way, as when we played Southampton away.
i dont care, i didnt even check the scores till full time. i just find it funny, sure anger rears up occasionally and sadness and dissapointment, but i wnet through those phases seasons back, now its just occasionally. i find it funny as its so obvious that aw is the issue yet so many dont see it (most outside this forum0. that and the fact that i know nothing will ever change till he passes on, as he will simply move up stairs when he stops managing us. i never for 1 second thought we would win the league or even compete this season. we havent and wont. we are taking up our usual position this time in feb, its happened countless times before. scum will drop off too, dont worry. even if they dont dye to the appaling quality of this league, they wont win it, city will walk it now as the players want t impress pep. if the scum finish above us, its annoying, but meangingless. they will never compete for the title either the best they can hope for in future is being arsenal lite getting in the cl with 0 chance of winning it like we have become as the manager as destroyed his legacy and wasted the chances to make this club a serious player.

the playing mantis

not sure what your link is but doesnt cricfree work for everyone anyway, why dont folks use that.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

augie wrote:

I gave up on the link after 5 minutes too chippy - everytime I use one of these sites, all these f.ucking pop up windows appear and when I click on the x to close the pop it only goes and opens it in a new window :banghead: :banghead:
You need to download this https://adblockplus.org/ Been using it for years and it is great.

Offside

Post by Offside »

Nos89 wrote:Trying to get a positive without having watched the game...we didn't lose and didn't concede. Hopefully our trend of losing a game, draw the next league game then go on a winning run happens as we need to win next 12 out of 14 games

Good luck with that one mate. I've gone through the remaining fixtures and I can see 9 wins (and that's being very generous).

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

the playing mantis wrote:
not sure what your link is but doesnt cricfree work for everyone anyway, why dont folks use that.
Usually on the site I am using the streams are close to HD quality and don't fail. Not tonight sadly. :cry:

the playing mantis

augie wrote:

you need to click on the small special x's augie. some are fake xs that lead to popups.

Step

Post by Step »

In the old days I would have been excited about being near the top. Not anymore. This is merely an ok squad with a poor deluded manager. Tonight was predictable (I had us down for a draw on the Sky 6) . The first half as usual was a total waste of time which means we have to try to win the game in 45 mins with a total change of attitude.

I have absolutely no doubt that that lot up the road will finish comfortably above us and worryingly the title is between them, Citeh and hopefully Leicester. We as usual will battle for 4th.

If by some fluke we freaked the title it would be in spite of Wenger rather than because of him.

AKBall day long by the way.

LOng live the Wenger stagnation policy . It' seems to be working well.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Ahhh, good 'ol HostGator, how I have missed thee. Your perfectly timed appearance in February and March are a thing to behold. All hail King HostGator!!!

PS. Fuck you Wenger you fucking c.unt

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Offside wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Trying to get a positive without having watched the game...we didn't lose and didn't concede. Hopefully our trend of losing a game, draw the next league game then go on a winning run happens as we need to win next 12 out of 14 games

Good luck with that one mate. I've gone through the remaining fixtures and I can see 9 wins (and that's being very generous).
I reckon seven wins, draws away to Bournemouth and home to Leicester. Defeats at Manure, Scum, City ? West Ham.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The only thing I'm grateful for right now is that we're still in the FA Cup. Wish we were also looking forward to another trip to Wembley at the end of this month in the League Cup final but of course I understand that a big club like us who are forever winning league titles and Champions Leagus's have the right to toss that away like yesterday's newspapers in front of 5,000 travelling fans. Thank god we did, because we wouldn't want that awful day at Wembley stopping us from swatting Barcelona and sweeping all before us in the league as we're quite evidently doing right now.

Come the end of February even the uber AKBs will be forced into the realisation that yet again its the only thing we have a chance of winning