CoronaVirus / Adolf Putin / The Apocalypse etc

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: CoronaVirus Latest

Post by the playing mantis »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:59 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:33 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:35 am
augie wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 pm
Irish government put 3 counties into lockdown at the weekend when at least one of the counties (Laois) should never have been locked down - number of new cases in Laois for last few days starting today and going backwards is none, one, none and one :evil: :censored: :censored:

Health minister told to attend a co-vid parliamentary meeting tomorrow by our Dail (government) and he is refusing to attend and said that he will meet them next week instead - the cheeky c.unt should be sacked before nightfall :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Could be worse, you could have Boris and Matt HanCOCK in charge. Despite the high death tolls in the US, Brazil and now India per capita we are still up there maintaining our top 6 position having fiddled the figures over the last few days. Funny how they don't take any notice of the ONS.

Tbf if Labour were in you wouldn't be posting nor would hardly anyone, there'd be about a tenth of the population left and that tenth would be out on strike :lol:
My observations aren't political tbh. If Labour were in power for sure I would be going at Corbyn.

That is the harsh reality of this country, right now no one is competent enough to deal with a crisis of this magnitude. I would feel more comfortable with someone like Kier Starmer though. who pays a lot more attention to detail than Boris who with his one liners is like the salesman that promises the earth and delivers a pile of turd.
of course they are, your more see through than grandmas draw's!

not defending bojo but what would you have them do differently?? biggest mistake was not forming a government of national unity so the left couldnt turn this into a political issue

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:09 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Irish government put 3 counties into lockdown at the weekend when at least one of the counties (Laois) should never have been locked down - number of new cases in Laois for last few days starting today and going backwards is none, one, none and one :evil: :censored: :censored:

Health minister told to attend a co-vid parliamentary meeting tomorrow by our Dail (government) and he is refusing to attend and said that he will meet them next week instead - the cheeky c.unt should be sacked before nightfall :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Could be worse, you could have Boris and Matt HanCOCK in charge. Despite the high death tolls in the US, Brazil and now India per capita we are still up there maintaining our top 6 position having fiddled the figures over the last few days. Funny how they don't take any notice of the ONS.

Tbf if Labour were in you wouldn't be posting nor would hardly anyone, there'd be about a tenth of the population left and that tenth would be out on strike :lol:
My observations aren't political tbh. If Labour were in power for sure I would be going at Corbyn.

That is the harsh reality of this country, right now no one is competent enough to deal with a crisis of this magnitude. I would feel more comfortable with someone like Kier Starmer though. who pays a lot more attention to detail than Boris who with his one liners is like the salesman that promises the earth and delivers a pile of turd.

not defending bojo but what would you have them do differently?? biggest mistake was not forming a government of national unity so the left couldnt turn this into a political issue
So you're using the basis of a few posts to determine my political allegiances? Explain how I am being biaised towards Labour when I haven't voted for them since 1988 when I was young, green behind the ears and a student.

What would I have them do differently, ready ?

1) Lock down earlier in March (at least 2 weeks before they did) when SAGE where telling them to get their shit together.
2) Not miss five COBRA meetings in January and February when it was clear that COVID19 wasn't just a Chinese/South East Asia problem
3) Looking at what the Chinese were doing and making sure there was enough PPE on order. I can accept initially the system was overwhelmed with demand but a bit of planning could have saved some lives.
4) Don't be a fucking twat and send old people to care homes without having them tested.
5) Don't walk round a hospital again being a twat shaking hands with people in March, when by then every man woman and a dog was already frequently washing their hands/paws.
6) Sack Dominic Cummings, one of the reasons people won't follow directives anymore.

There's umpteen other things, some of them probably aren't the governments fault some are but you get my drift.

What worries me is people are oblivious as to how badly we handled this pandemic. The table never lies in football, it certainly doesn't when it comes to COVID19.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

You've gone and woken Ken Clarke up mate. Once he gets going he won't get back in the box :lol:

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:02 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

You've gone and woken Ken Clarke up mate. Once he gets going he won't get back in the box :lol:
Could be worse, like defending Mesut Ozil when he wouldn’t take a pay cut only to shaft the club up the gary in more ways than one over the subsequent months. 8) 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:00 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Could be worse, like defending Mesut Ozil when he wouldn’t take a pay cut only to shaft the club up the gary in more ways than one over the subsequent months. 8) 8) :barscarf: :barscarf:

Ozil may well be a waste of time and money but I am more than happy to defend his right to see out his contract. Blame TOF all you want for handing out one of the most stupid contracts we will ever see in football as in my opinion the Ozil contract debacle is very much on him. When you are being fuc.ked off out of the club what is the motive to do the club/wiggy a favour.

nut flush gooner

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

Ozil may well be a waste of time and money but I am more than happy to defend his right to see out his contract. Blame TOF all you want for handing out one of the most stupid contracts we will ever see in football as in my opinion the Ozil contract debacle is very much on him. When you are being fuc.ked off out of the club what is the motive to do the club/wiggy a favour.
Looks like we haven't learnt judging by this mornings news. £220k a week for a 32 year old, no words.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:04 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

Looks like we haven't learnt judging by this mornings news. £220k a week for a 32 year old, no words.

Well on that we certainly can agree :lol:

So Willian and Pepe battling it out on the right - unbelievable.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:21 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:

:lol:

And best of all its only costing us the guts of £400k per week for them to battle it out. :lol: :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:34 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:21 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

:lol:

And best of all its only costing us the guts of £400k per week for them to battle it out. :lol: :roll:

I'm worried that Pepe is so bad he will actually end up making Willian look half decent.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

The more this goes on, the more I believe we are being lied to on a huge scale!
Masks?
Wear them to protect others, they don’t actually protect you?
WTF!
What kind of fucking mask is that? It keeps germs from escaping your mouth and nose but doesn’t stop them from travelling the other way?
Why then? Not just wear your mask “back to front” ?
Then those of us willing to take our chances with covid19, can choose to wear a mask or not!
Whilst those living in constant media and state generated fear, can feel safe knowing that they are protected by wearing a mask (inside out)
No! We must all fucking wear one, what a load of shite!
The mask offering only protection from you infecting others, is a ploy to generate, fear, paranoia and mistrust of others
The whole world is on hold, to protect the 0.01% of the population, that are likely to die should they contract the virus
It’s fucking insane!
It’s time for the rest of us to start living again and those who fear they can’t, to stay at fucking home or wear a mask “ back to front” and maybe a visor, just to be extra safe !
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!

nut flush gooner

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:29 pm
Masks?
WTF!
What kind of fucking mask is that? It keeps germs from escaping your mouth and nose but doesn’t stop them from travelling the other way?
Then those of us willing to take our chances with covid19, can choose to wear a mask or not!
Whilst those living in constant media and state generated fear, can feel safe knowing that they are protected by wearing a mask (inside out)
The mask offering only protection from you infecting others, is a ploy to generate, fear, paranoia and mistrust of others
The whole world is on hold, to protect the 0.01% of the population, that are likely to die should they contract the virus
It’s fucking insane!
It’s time for the rest of us to start living again and those who fear they can’t, to stay at fucking home or wear a mask “ back to front” and maybe a visor, just to be extra safe !
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!
I despair when I read stuff like this. I could go into a technical rant with scientific studies etc. But I am going to leave you with Jonathan Pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZQkBHysrig&t=2s

COVID fatigue.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:18 pm
goonersid wrote:
Masks?
WTF!
It’s fucking insane!
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!
I despair when I read stuff like this. I could go into a technical rant with scientific studies etc. But I am going to leave you with Jonathan Pie.

COVID fatigue.
Scientific studies, my arse! There’s no definite evidence for wearing masks!
Just a slight chance it may help!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:10 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Masks?
WTF!
It’s fucking insane!
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!

COVID fatigue.
Is there evidence that they don't help?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:22 pm
goonersid wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Masks?
WTF!
It’s fucking insane!
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!

COVID fatigue.
There’s no evidence that walking around with a carrot stuck up your arse doesn’t help!! :lol:

nut flush gooner

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:34 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:22 pm
goonersid wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Masks?
WTF!
It’s fucking insane!
Aggghhhhhhh!!!!

COVID fatigue.
There’s no evidence that walking around with a carrot stuck up your arse doesn’t help!! :lol:
You see again this is what winds me up about COVID ignorance. People don't actually study how the disease is transmitted, and whether wearing masks does or doesn't protect them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least come up with a constructive reasoning for not wearing a mask. I haven't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhQw7vLNsDA

In the real world Taiwan next door to China, less than 100 deaths no lockdown, compulsory mask wearing.

Dr Campbell knows.