Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by mcdowell42 »

Dodged a bullet with Mudryk

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I loathe the shammers, but seeing the mugs on the chav players and Poxychino at the final whistle is "Schweeeeet!". :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Having one good game in 3 for Brighton may have had everyone cumming their undies but he won’t be afforded that luxury anymore.

I watched him a good bit after we were linked with him in January and when he’d play well the hype machine would go into overdrive but when he’d have a poor game it would go under the radar and be barely mentioned.

That’s fine at Brighton but with a 115 million quid price tag on him at the chavs there’s no hiding place. I reckon it will be yet another disaster signing for them.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:54 pm
Having one good game in 3 for Brighton may have had everyone cumming their undies but he won’t be afforded that luxury anymore.

I watched him a good bit after we were linked with him in January and when he’d play well the hype machine would go into overdrive but when he’d have a poor game it would go under the radar and be barely mentioned.

That’s fine at Brighton but with a 115 million quid price tag on him at the chavs there’s no hiding place. I reckon it will be yet another disaster signing for them.
I agree £115 million is too high, it don’t forget that £65 million of that was contributed by us when we paid them for that waste of space Havertz :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:58 pm
DB is going to LOVE This:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cEPdRCtvT-w

:D
:lol: :lol:

I'm just surprised the bints managed to score as high as "nil". :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

2 years breathing space before the women have another of their kick about tournaments - the hype over yesterday was ridiculous.
Hopefully things can get back to normal a bit now. Bottom line is this - if a women’s tournament is not massively hyped up then no one is actually that bothered. If their matches disappeared behind a paywall then that would be the end of it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:58 am
2 years breathing space before the women have another of their kick about tournaments - the hype over yesterday was ridiculous.
Hopefully things can get back to normal a bit now. Bottom line is this - if a women’s tournament is not massively hyped up then no one is actually that bothered. If their matches disappeared behind a paywall then that would be the end of it.
Absolutely. And if you stop them parasiting off the men's game and make them fund their own game, it'll be gone in six months.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I agree that without them "Pimping" their way via thew Men's Football it would disappear Very Quickly. However the trouble is they have now become "The Cause" for many, many women across the spectrum of Womanhood:

Those who genuinely Love Football and (perhaps understandably) feel dis-enfranchised.

Young girls who also Love the game and who have until recently had Men as their Footballing heroes.

Also it is well and truly in the Political Arena, no politician who wants to hold onto their position, votes and (Female) constituents would dare say anything "Truthful"

Then of course there are all the Tattoed, Butch Types who (often ) Hate Men and so will latch on to anything remotely Anti-male. Then there is the LGBT&Q lot, looking for any excuse to claim "Equality" :roll:

So like it or not - it is here to stay, even if as we all know it is in terms of quality and entertainment Levels Below Under 15yr old Boys Football.

:cry:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:58 am
Men haven't ever been allowed to compete in synchronised swimming at any Olympic Games. I'm yet to hear any woman on TV come out and say that is unfair or that male synchronised swimmers should be given the same opportunities to compete in a sport. Come on Gabby "my dad was a footballer and a man and I'm only on TV because of him and I hate sexism but posed in men's magazines in my underwear" Logan and all the others, fight our corner. Come on, we all want equal sporting rights and access and money. Where's the men's synchronised swimming league?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Karen Carney went absolutely batshit mental suggesting that 50% of the sponsorship money that goes to mens teams should be given to the women.

Holy sweet fuck.

I’ll take 50% of her salary while we’re at it :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:05 pm
Karen Carney went absolutely batshit mental suggesting that 50% of the sponsorship money that goes to mens teams should be given to the women.

Holy sweet fuck.

I watched that and then immediately turned it off. Which sort of defeats her point doesn’t it? Women pundits, commentators, general wokery and the need to represent everyone is turning their bread and butter off. Football is eating its own arsehole and forgetting who their core is. It’s totally fucked but it doesn’t care.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

Holy sweet fuck.

Jaysus cycling Christ. Karen fucking ooh look a false nine Carney...... :roll: :roll: :censored:

Ive a better idea..... 100% of the sponsorship money raised by the women's teams should go to the women's teams. Not sure what they can buy then for the sweet sum of fuck all but THAT would be equality. The stupid cùnt. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:24 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Holy sweet fuck.

Jaysus cycling Christ. Karen fucking ooh look a false nine Carney...... :roll: :roll: :censored:

Ive a better idea..... 100% of the sponsorship money raised by the women's teams should go to the women's teams. Not sure what they can buy then for the sweet sum of fuck all but THAT would be equality. The stupid cùnt. :lol:
Interviewer: 'So Karen what do you think of the fact that women's football is an absolute joke compared to even Under 15's schoolboys?'

KarenDurrr Carney: " Uhhhhmmm Uhhhhmmm Durrr Uhhhmm Dunno I'm fick as shit me"

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

100% of the sponsorship money raised by the women's teams should go to the women's teams.
They're missing so many opportunities......Morphy Richards for instance, :barscarf: would LOVE to sponsor a team..... Maybe West Ham..... Come on you irons...