Danny Fiszman passes away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Watson

Post by Watson »

RIP

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

The world lost two Gooners yesterday as my Great Uncle also passed away.. May they both Rest In Peace.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

REBEL GOONER wrote:think they could have waited till after the funeral :?

maybe it was meant for yesterday and they couldnt change it but seems a bit morbid to me seeing as he,s only gone a couple of days.

maybe its just me :shock:
The funeral would have been yesterday or today, Jewish funerals are same day or within 24 hours of death unless there is a medical inquest.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Gooner_Sam wrote:The world lost two Gooners yesterday as my Great Uncle also passed away.. May they both Rest In Peace.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for him as well as all of you mourning his loss. Take care.

Post by 1989 »

Gooner_Sam wrote:The world lost two Gooners yesterday as my Great Uncle also passed away.. May they both Rest In Peace.
RIP Sam's great uncle.

Hope you're doing well mate!

BT

Post by BT »

http://bit.ly/fNK44z

Link to tonight's Evening Standard piece (can't copy & paste whole thing from phone)

Says he used to stand on the Clock End as a kid.

RIP

Herd

GOODBYE MR FIZMAN .

Post by Herd »

DELETED SO AS NOT TO CAUSE DISTRESS TO THE FIZMAN FAMILY
Last edited by Herd on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Herd while I share many of your concerns as in some cases stated above I have to say it was highly inappropriate to post this at all at this time and absolutely inappropriate to post this in this thread.

As I say I undertsnad your feelings and the concerns driving them but couldn't you have waited and let us all honor the man's memory as he does deserve that much certainly, no?

This is what I feared when this thread began and we saw people express opinions rather than simple statements iof respect and sympathy. That this would become a thread less about honouring a man's memory than debating his legacy and that's not what it should be.

I would recommeding deleting that piece because its the right thing to do at this time and will save you a lot of headaches. I respect it if you decide not to but believe it is a real mistake if you choose not to. Not having a go at you I jjust think this could and should have waited in any event.

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Thank you to Martin,1989 & DB10 for your condolonces, much appreciated guys. I'm doing okay :barscarf:
Last edited by Gooner_Sam on Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bunch

Post by bunch »

Sad news.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry for your loss, Sam.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sorry for your loss, Sam.
Sorry to hear that Sam.