Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

goonertux wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:28 pm
Nobody has picked up the fact that Fernandinho was penalised for a perfectly good tackle which then lead to the Spuds corner. Lucky f*ckers tonight but Ajax are no mugs and fancy them to shit on them at the Toilet.

Yep. The scum have a bit of pressure and expectation now. They always bottle it. They are not good enough to win this. No fucking way.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Yep. They will get thrashed there at the weekend and will drop other points too. They will not win the champions league. They just won't. Trust me, they won't.
That's what some said at half time when the Scousers beat Milan on penalties, and when the Chavski vermin beat Munich on their own ground. :banghead:

After the Toilet Lids lost their first 3 group games this season my mate, posing in a Dennis Bergkamp T-Shirt inside the New Swamp said they were already out, I mentioned we got though in 2003-4 after losing the first 3 group games. He said it would never happen.

He then died before Xmas. Like many of us he really wanted to see us win the European Cup. Been to hundred of aways in Europe, never mind domestic games. :cry:

I hope he can have a word with the Gooner Sky Father up above as the prospect of them cúnts winning it is frightening. :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

My worse footballing nightmare is getting closer a scum v the victims CL Final

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

just a small club like them being in a CL semi final is nauseating.

its almost as bad a the chavs winning it.

Pep blew it at The Glory Hole, plain and simple.

this is worse than BREXIT and trump combined. :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

greengooner wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:09 pm
I FUCKING HATE VAR !!!!

HOW ARE YOU EVER MEANT TO CELEBRATE A GOAL EVER AGAIN WHEN THERE IS ALWAYS A DOUBT THAT SOME CUNNT WATCHING A MONITOR IS GONNA SPOT THE SLIGHTEST INFRINGEMENT OF TINIEST DETAIL AFTER 10 REPLAYS TO RULE IT OUT!!

FUCK ALL THE RIGHT DECISION BULLSHIT ... THE OFFICIALS ON THE PITCH DIDNT SPOT SO SO TOUGH FUCKING LUCK!

IN FUTURE FANS WILL JUST STAND THERE AND WAIT FOR A GOAL TO BE CONFIRMED AND THE THE ECSTATIC MOMENT IS GONE !

SPURS WERE FUCKING SHITE TONIGHT ... ITS A FUCKING JOKE THEY ARE IN THIS COMPETITION WHEN THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF THW WORD CHAMPIONS!

AS FOR THAT CHEATING SCUMBAG SON ... SOMEONE NEEDS TO RUPTURE THAT CUNNTS ACHILLES TENDON SO HE NEVER PLAYS FOOTBALL AGAIN!

This...100% this, it used to be so simple, goal is scored and for a split second you look to the linesman, flag stays down and you explode in celebration, now what the f**k do you do, sit down and wait patiently while some fucktard with a tv try’s to find something wrong with it to justify his job, I’m done with football if this crap is used in the premier league
Well put mate. You have explained in a far more coherent way what I was trying to say.

I really think this is a potentially serious problem ... it is robbing the game of something far more crucial than getting every decision right ... especially when they are just a matter of inches one way or another. Those decisions were accepted as part of the game.

Maybe technically the ''right'' decision was made tonight but if every goal is going to be scrutinised to the minutest detail then fans in the stands can never ever properly celebrate a goal in the moment ever again.

Imagine Micky Thomas' goal at Anfield now with VAR ... there would be a 25 minute delay desperately trying to find a way to rule it out!

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:23 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:12 pm
Almunia is a clown wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:09 pm
Bad news , but the Toilet Lids will lose against Oil City at the weekend & hopefully drop away in the league. How the fúck have a side that we should have taken 6 points off this season reached the CL semi anyway. :banghead:

Ajax will give them a game I reckon, any team that reaches the semi's is more than decent, remember the confidence against Villareal, yet it took a last minute penalty save to go through against them. :roll:

Can't believe that Arsenal have fallen so far since 2009, all those :censored: who constantly supported Wenger over that time period should hold their heads in shame at the prospect of Toilet Lids winning the European Cup before us. :banghead:
Yep. They will get thrashed there at the weekend and will drop other points too. They will not win the champions league. They just won't. Trust me, they won't.
No I don't think Man city will recover from that. I can see a 0-0 at the weekend which virtually hands the title to Liverpool.

Ajax's talented young side are due an off day in the next round too.

Messi will probably do his hamstring before Barcelona play Liverpool and so we face Liverpool as PL champions going into a CL final against the SCUM!

Fuck this bullshit season!

Absolutely bang on there clash - at the start of the season (regardless of their denials) the champs league was by far and away citeeh's number 1 priority, and I don't think that they will recover from this kick in the bollox within 3 days :cry: To get knocked out under any circumstances is bad enough, but to get knocked out by having a winning injury time goal ruled out by var, will devastate them and I see the victims taking full advantage of that :evil:

I also think that those of you banking on ajax doing us a favour are going to be very, very disappointed - it is one thing for a club like ajax to go to madrid and juve as underdogs and pull off a huge shock, but it is a completely different scenario when people start to talk you up as contenders and you lose that element of surprise

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Absolutely gutted

Spurs winning anything is bad
Spurs winning the league would be bad but at least we have won it so many more times than them
Spurs winning the CL is the ultimate nightmare - so bad that tonight is the first time that I have even thought that it was remotely possible

chelsea winning it was bad enough - Spurs winning it would be 100x worse :(

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

That should end any debate as to the managerial pedigree of Guardiola, he is a complete fraud. He had the best player in the world at his disposal at Barca, then went to a one team league in Germany, and again tonight couldn't finish the job against a shitty Spurs side. As for them *word censored*, the thought of them winning a CL is beyond sickening and if it happens, I'm done with football.

Perryashburtongroves

We've been down this road so many times before with teams like Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and they never win it. They always get found out by one of the big boys in the end. They might get past Ajax but then again, they might not but mark my words, they will not beat Barcelona or the bin dippers in the final. Barcelona will destroy them, the dippers will grind them down. The scum have had their bit of luck and honestly, they know they aren't good enough to win it and that lack of belief counts for a lot. They got an easy draw against Borussia Dortmund, then played an English team who they know all about. Against Ajax, it won't be so easy, they will be edgy, the fear of failure then kicks in. Barcelona and the dippers have been here before and know how it works, one of those two is winning this.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm
We've been down this road so many times before with teams like Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and they never win it. They always get found out by one of the big boys in the end. They might get past Ajax but then again, they might not but mark my words, they will not beat Barcelona or the bin dippers in the final. Barcelona will destroy them, the dippers will grind them down. The scum have had their bit of luck and honestly, they know they aren't good enough to win it and that lack of belief counts for a lot. They got an easy draw against Borussia Dortmund, then played an English team who they know all about. Against Ajax, it won't be so easy, they will be edgy, the fear of failure then kicks in. Barcelona and the dippers have been here before and know how it works, one of those two is winning this.
I hope you're proved right mate but I cannot relax now until i KNOW for certain they are not winning it! Thats why I wanted them out tonight so badly! I just wanted it over and done with. I was dancing round the room like a madman when Sterling ''scored'' at the end ... and then it was taken away!

Unfortunately I think they will get past Ajax. Even if its just on pens or, like tonight, on away goals.

And anything can happen in a final. You dont actually have to win the game either. Chelsea didnt beat Bayern ... they equalised late on and then won on pens.

Klopp has lost 6 finals in a row so its no guarantee Liverpool will win if they play Spurs!

Also if we're in the Europa final that is seriously gonna be overshadowed if Spurs have a CL to follow a week or so later.

This season is becoming a fucking nightmare!

Perryashburtongroves

Clash wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 pm
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm
I hope you're proved right mate but I cannot relax now until i KNOW for certain they are not winning it! Thats why I wanted them out tonight so badly! I just wanted it over and done with. I was dancing round the room like a madman when Sterling ''scored'' at the end ... and then it was taken away!

Unfortunately I think they will get past Ajax. Even if its just on pens or, like tonight, on away goals.

And anything can happen in a final. You dont actually have to win the game either. Chelsea didnt beat Bayern ... they equalised late on and then won on pens.

Klopp has lost 6 finals in a row so its no guarantee Liverpool will win if they play Spurs!

Also if we're in the Europa final that is seriously gonna be overshadowed if Spurs have a CL to follow a week or so later.

This season is becoming a fucking nightmare!
If it is the bindippers, then the law of averages says Klopp has to win one of them. If it's Barcelona, then they are on another level. They will destroy the scum.

bunch

Post by bunch »

Fuck Spurs

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

If I was a City fan I’d look at the way De Bruyne played last night and be wondering why the fuck he only played 3 mins of the 1st leg. I never want them sniffing around the league title and I’d be very worried in a one off game against anyone so clearly hoping Ajax can put us all out of our misery.
Just a ridiculous game last night.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Spurs will be without son and Kane for at least 1st leg of semis. They definitely won’t win the champions league*

*as definite as Liverpool finishing at least 10 points behind city, right db10 :rubchin:

It better not happen, I do genuinely fancy Ajax’s chances against them though.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

3 missed penalties that will probably define the entire season....Augero v spurs....Mahrez v Liverpool & Aubamayang v spurs?? As each one missed the thought went through my head at the time that it was going to become a reverberating moment as the season wore on.

Augero gets that away goal and City are quids in. Mahrez scores and City would be 4 points ahead of the victims and Aubamayang scores and we would be 3 points ahead of the scum. HUGE pens.

And for all of you saying the dippers will destroy them, who the hell wants the dippers to win anyway. :( :( :(

I haven't seen Ajax play but from all accounts they are a seriously good side & hopefully more battle hardened & experienced than when they lost the Europa final :? :?