Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by BobbyPires7 »

United could be 3 nil up here. Mad how teams choke when they get their chance against City and Liverpool. Almost like it’s scripted…

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:35 pm
Would I ever have thought during the Fergie days when those c.unts tormented me that they’d go off at odds of 9/1 to win a match.

Incredible how shit they are.
Winning so far..
Reminds me of us at times, 80% possession and losing

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:54 pm
United could be 3 nil up here. Mad how teams choke when they get their chance against City and Liverpool. Almost like it’s scripted…
City’s defence can be got at this season and you always feel the opposition can get a goal. United really showing them up with the route 1 stuff today, every hoof up the pitch has city at 6s and 7s.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Local derby and an atmosphere like the moon. Pimped up sham club.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Barbie :coffeespit:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

If we don't win it, and I think everyone is waiting for that 3 game stumble that will end it, then I'd rather it be City than that absolute shower of whining, cheating, moaning victims.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:08 am
How many 'mistakes" are being made by North West based refs in favor of North West teams?? Disgraceful. There'll be yet another apology, yet another 'let's move on' and in the meantime we all have to accept PGMOL deciding who wins the league and who gets relegated!!

They HAVE to bring in an independent team of VAR people who aren't afraid to tell a referee he's fucked up again during a match.
These refs, 60% of whom come from the north west, are too friendly with each other to actually follow the rules. It's cheating and they know it and accept it.
“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.”

I reckon we are into the hundreds now on “mistakes” over the last decade in favour of City, Liverpool, United, Chelsea.

The quote is from Ian Fleming, in Goldfinger by the way.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

11 men behind the ball hanging on for dear life like a league 2 side in the cup.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Listen guys, everyone knows refereeing is bent and the Premier League is as well. They don’t even try and hide it anymore, when you’ve got fuck wits like Mike Dean coming out and saying he didn’t correct a decision because he thought it would upset one of his mates.

Either make your peace with the fact that the league champs each year are gonna be decided by the referees and sky sports, or give up watching football.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What a shit keeper he is :roll:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:10 pm
What a shit keeper he is :roll:
The African Almunia

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

9/1 they should have been 9000/1. An absolute fucking rabble.

One shot on target all game, the goal that came from a goalkeeper hoof up the pitch that was a one in a billion chance.

Fuck off

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Not a single tackle put in all day, zero effort just going through the motions. A fucking zombie club.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The only way we win the league (and I said this a month ago) is for us to win all of our games and possibly draw one. If we don’t beat City at City we won’t win it either so I don’t think we can draw that one. :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:33 pm
The only way we win the league (and I said this a month ago) is for us to win all of our games and possibly draw one. If we don’t beat City at City we won’t win it either so I don’t think we can draw that one. :barscarf:
I think they'll win at the dippers next week then it may well be a procession through to the end of the season. Dippers will start dropping points and as you say, we'll probably need to win there at the end of the month and hope for a favour off a few teams.