ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Mudryk for me would be like signing Jose Antonio Reyes in 2004.

Will be buzzing if we can get this one over the line. A real statement of intent.
Yeah he looks the bollocks and will only get better training and playing with higher calibre players.
Would be buzzing to get him done - also means we can rest / rotate Saka or Martinelli when needed.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

David Ornstein on NBC Sports saying Arsenal are in for both Mudryk and Joao Felix

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Exclusive: Fulham expected to make formal offer for Arsenal right-back Cedric in coming days. Loan or permanent deals an option.

Via Standard paper

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:24 pm
Exclusive: Fulham expected to make formal offer for Arsenal right-back Cedric in coming days. Loan or permanent deals an option.

Via Standard paper
Certainly a squad player that has no future with us as a team trying to get to the levels higher than we have been.

Seems a good lad, smiles a lot, I think from memory he gets about £75k a week so I’d be smiling too :lol:

certainly overpaid for his contribution and one we can offset to go towards other players wages that deserve it.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin confirms via club media that “negotiations are continuing” with #AFC. “Now, literally in five minutes, I have a phone conversation with Arsenal. We are open to negotiations, ready to exchange ideas and figures.”
As previously reported, there is high confidence at Arsenal’s end a deal will get done and for less than the €100m Shakhtar are publicly quoting. All about the structure. #AFC’s opening bid was a pretty competitive marker, showing how serious they are.
Arsenal knew it would be rejected but will be back with a second bid fast. Arsenal are hoping a €70m package might be enough with €50-55m upfront. Mudryk, as he has said repeatedly, wants the move, so on the player side it’s a relatively simple and cost-effective deal.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:13 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:07 pm
🗞️| A source has told Sky Sports News that there’s cautious optimism a deal can get done between Arsenal and Shakhtar for Mudryk, as the Gunners are thought to be encouraged by the player's desire to join the team, reports @skysports_sheth for @SkySportsNews #afc
Ffs why don't they just add the extra cash before another club swoops in
To be fair 53m is a very good opening offer , not like the powder puff offers we've made in the past

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:23 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:13 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:07 pm
🗞️| A source has told Sky Sports News that there’s cautious optimism a deal can get done between Arsenal and Shakhtar for Mudryk, as the Gunners are thought to be encouraged by the player's desire to join the team, reports @skysports_sheth for @SkySportsNews #afc
Ffs why don't they just add the extra cash before another club swoops in
To be fair 53m is a very good opening offer , not like the powder puff offers we've made in the past
they was asking for 100 million at first the greedy fuckers.....a lot for a bloke who plays in the ukranian league

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin tells club media: “Now, literally in 5 minutes, I will have a phone conversation with Arsenal. We are open to negotiations, ready to exchange ideas and figures. If we will agree, then let it be so.”

The interview published today with Shakhtar’s CEO took place on Tues Dec 27th.

So the forthcoming phone call/negotiations mentioned have already taken place.

Takeaway still the same: talks continue after initial bid dismissed.

@TheAthleticFC 🔴⚪️ #AFC

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I know transfer negotiations take time and it's pragmatic to haggle to get the best deal but we piss around with negotiations more than any other club. I'm willing to bet if we were in for Gapko we would still be haggling rather than just signing him. I wonder if these deals break down so often because clubs get fed up of us not coming near the asking price and tell us to fuck off.

Midz

Post by Midz »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:38 pm
I know transfer negotiations take time and it's pragmatic to haggle to get the best deal but we piss around with negotiations more than any other club. I'm willing to bet if we were in for Gapko we would still be haggling rather than just signing him. I wonder if these deals break down so often because clubs get fed up of us not coming near the asking price and tell us to fuck off.
We would still be haggling 3 months after he signed for someone else! :D

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:38 pm
Exactly.

All this fucking about. If you want the player then make a more realistic bid for him.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Why is no one else bidding for him?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:21 pm
Perhaps any other clubs who might be in for him are able to keep it more secret than we are mate :?

I hate liVARpool the scouseScum, but one thing's for sure when it comes to buying players it is unusual for anyone to have a clue about their deals till the deal is done; the recent signing of Gakpo being a prime example.

There are also 'rumours' on various Social Media that we are in for Alexis Mc Allister! (£50million?).....

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:17 pm
Midz wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:21 pm
Perhaps any other clubs who might be in for him are able to keep it more secret than we are mate :?

I hate liVARpool the scouseScum, but one thing's for sure when it comes to buying players it is unusual for anyone to have a clue about their deals till the deal is done; the recent signing of Gakpo being a prime example.

There are also 'rumours' on various Social Media that we are in for Alexis Mc Allister! (£50million?).....
I'm willing to bet that other clubs meet or come near the asking price so any deal is announced when near completion. On the other hand we constantly low ball leading to the selling club leaking this to the media in the hope of a bidding war. If Mudryk is a generational talent then us pissing around is example number 1 millionth of negligence at the club.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gakpo will be a great signing for Liverpool. I would've liked him to be in our ranks.