ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Kingralph »

I would see signing Mudryk as the final nail in the coffin for ESR and Nelson.

Such a shame, as I believe ESR has the potential to be as good if not better than Odegaard, and just as good as either Martinelli and Saka.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I like it when they say 'for an undisclosed fee' and then go on to give quite a precise figure 'which is thought to be around £65m (or whatever)'. :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Kingralph wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:29 pm

Such a shame, as I believe ESR has the potential to be as good if not better than Odegaard, and just as good as either Martinelli and Saka.
Not so sure as we need the depth in the squad. ESR is due back from injury and will be very useful whenever he does return. Look at what happened to Jesus. We need more players of good quality to be able to sustain a title bid.
Nelson I'm not so sure about.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Kingralph wrote:

I disagree re: ESR he is more of a Attacking Mid-fielder, whereas Nelson was/will never be 1st team material, okay for cup games etc... But a regular prem / European team member? nah!

Mudryk is a 'Forward' and whilst he has been played mainly on the flank/s (Right) he can play across the front line. I just hope it goes through now. :|

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:34 pm
Kingralph wrote:

Not so sure as we need the depth in the squad. ESR is due back from injury and will be very useful whenever he does return. Look at what happened to Jesus. We need more players of good quality to be able to sustain a title bid.
Nelson I'm not so sure about.
Nelson, probably I think he is about 23 / 24 now ? Shown glimpses of promise but generally would be just a squad player, with hardly any game time…maybe he would still be happy with that or would he prefer to go elsewhere like a Fulham / Palace / Norwich / Watford and get regular game time.

ESR no chance as he could play in a multitude of positions - when fit.

We would have 3 top, super, quality wide forwards in Gabi, Saka and Mudryk and rest / rotate as required with no drop in quality.

I can see ESR playing in the Xhaka role if he regains his fitness and form - I think his ability to jink past players would make him a real goal threat In that role. He looked a real top player to me but the last year has been severely hampered with injury - really, really, hopes he gets back to his top level.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Evan Ndicka will join Arsenal at the end of the 2022/23 season when his contract runs out at Eintracht Frankfurt [Via - @CMercatoWeb].

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Kingralph wrote:

Nelson yes , ESR no chance as saud above he can play in 4 positions and Arteta rates him .

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I keep reading this total bullshit rumour about Gabriel to Juve for £35m. Apparently they want to throw in Melo to lower the price even further. 🤣🤣

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have improved their Mykhailo Mudryk bid for a second time. Now worth up to £62m to Shakhtar Donetsk. #AFC confident they’re close and he wants the move that helps.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:26 pm
I keep reading this total bullshit rumour about Gabriel to Juve for £35m. Apparently they want to throw in Melo to lower the price even further. 🤣🤣
Which one lol

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Premier League leaders are confident that they can reach an agreement for Mudryk. And they are looking to wrap up a deal before Mudryk is due to travel to Turkey next week for the start of Shakhtar’s mid-season training camp. [Mark Irwin]

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:42 pm
Premier League leaders are confident that they can reach an agreement for Mudryk. And they are looking to wrap up a deal before Mudryk is due to travel to Turkey next week for the start of Shakhtar’s mid-season training camp. [Mark Irwin]
Best get him to sign tonight or tomorrow while he is pumping iron in the gym in London according to pictures :wink:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal have made an improved offer for Mudryk. Told opening bid of £55m was way to kick off talks.

Clubs now in regular dialogue. No one else - currently - in talks with Shakhtar, other than Arsenal.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Best get him to sign tonight or tomorrow while he is pumping iron in the gym in London according to pictures :wink:
You have to love Arsenal fans with their detective work :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:38 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
You have to love Arsenal fans with their detective work :D
Interesting Fact: Did You Know Sherlock Is A Gooner!

8)