Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Supagoon

Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Supagoon »

He needs more and more coaching, he seems to attempt to dribble when there is nobody around to cover the space behind him, don't dribble into trouble when the full back is already ahead of you.

Can't fathom why he is always jogging back too, this is a guy with serious pace! Can't believe that Ozil was working harder defensively than Ox and even Sanchez today. :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Nice finish but the guy is an absolute liability at times - loses possession so many times when we've committed 7 or 8 players forward. He must start most of the opposition's attacks !

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Graeme Souness has called out Chamberlain's 'seriousness'. Good call I think, he always seems to be laughing and joking, and dancing in the tunnels. He also seems very passive about sitting on the bench and never once have I heard of him complain about playing time or position. It shows a desire. FFS even Theo fights for his playing time and wanting to play central. But the Ox says nothing.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Wilson wrote:Graeme Souness has called out Chamberlain's 'seriousness'. Good call I think, he always seems to be laughing and joking, and dancing in the tunnels. He also seems very passive about sitting on the bench and never once have I heard of him complain about playing time or position. It shows a desire. FFS even Theo fights for his playing time and wanting to play central. But the Ox says nothing.
I like Souness as a pundit. The only one willing to say anything remotely controversial. He will happily call out the likes of Henry for spouting the usual populist drivel.

He is spot on about Ox and every time I've seen him talk on Arsenal he has been spot on.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Can't fathom why he is always jogging back too,
You mean like ambling along side and admiring Harry Arter while he takes that dipping shot?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... in-arsenal

...and yet it seems to go in one ear and out the other.

:roll:

and god only knows with 4 or 5 Leicester players breaking on us, he's got to be alert next week.

:o

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

casgooner wrote:
Blade wrote:If he evolved correctly he should be in the first eleven by now and 8-10 goals every season.

Hasn't developed under this regime.In fact the 'British core' has regressed or stagnated.

:rubchin: :rubchin: Is Wenger messin' with our English core so that they don't beat France in the WC and Euros? :box: :box:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Was delighted to see Ox score and I'm praying it might give him a boost and get him on the right path. Worryingly, the goal was just about all he did right for the whole game.... :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Was delighted to see Ox score and I'm praying it might give him a boost and get him on the right path. Worryingly, the goal was just about all he did right for the whole game.... :|
It's his new hair style that's the problem....Up until her grew his hair longer he was doing fine....NOW! look at him.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: - We need a few of the reserves to hold him down give him a Bic and Rinse and he'll be back to being....errrmmm uhhhmmm :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

Less Gash. :lol: 8)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

His hair is the problem ,bet they haven't thought of that at Colney. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:His hair is the problem ,bet they haven't thought of that at Colney. :roll:
Have. You. Seen. His. Fucking. Hair? :puke: :censored:

:lol: :wink:

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Needs to do so much more to fulfil his potential - could be a decent player if he could find some consistancy

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jeremy wrote:Needs to do so much more to fulfil his potential - could be a decent player if he could find some consistancy
...and obviously get that fucking minging hair of his sorted. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Wilson wrote:Graeme Souness has called out Chamberlain's 'seriousness'. Good call I think, he always seems to be laughing and joking, and dancing in the tunnels. He also seems very passive about sitting on the bench and never once have I heard of him complain about playing time or position. It shows a desire. FFS even Theo fights for his playing time and wanting to play central. But the Ox says nothing.

Can you imagine GG, diego simeone or even souness himself managing this lot ? They wouldn't know what hit them as they literally get kicked out of that nice comfortable bubble they all live in :lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

if the OX had a better coach then he could be a better player.
with Wenger in charge then he wont be - look at how Walcott has progressed in the last decade.