Manure (A) | PL | Sat 19 Nov 12:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Manure (A) | PL | Sat 19 Nov 12:30

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wilson wrote:This is a game where Ramsey perhaps should start ahead of Theo on the right. Jenkinson or Debuchy are going to need that extra bit of cover, and Theo im afraid often neglects his defensive duties. Ramsey isnt the most brilliant defender, but he will offer greater protection than Theo. Plus, Theo's greatest asset is his pace, and I dont think this United team under Jose will be leaving much space for Theo to exploit. For me, Theo is redundant in this game.

This will be a cage fight, a tight game where both teams are scared of each other, and stand off each other.

I would play Cech, Jenkinson, Kosicleny, Mustafi, Monreal, Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez.

Or even bring in Giroud, and put Sanchez on the left, and Iwobi on the right. Jones and Blind will be their centre half duo, and given this game wont be that open, Giroud could bully that duo.

Need to play a flatter back 4 than usual, and Ramsey and Iwobi are going to need to hold shape when not in possession. Lets not try and force the issue. The game is 90 minute along, we are the away team, the onus is on Man United to make a game of it.

At least Zlatan is suspended. Marshaling Rooney is not tough task these days.
I would have anyone covering Jenko EXCEPT Ramsey. He has zero defensive discipline, gets drawn to wherever the ball is like a retarded moth to a bonfire, and cannot help himself but wander inside to try and get more involved and start a nice tippy tappy session. He will also get caught and cheaply lose possession by twirling, backheeling, flicking the ball and trying Cruyff Turns every couple of minutes. Defensive liability of the worst kind.

RE the bit in red - I'm assuming you've never actually seen a cage fight... :roll: :lol: Or did you mean "cagey"? :rubchin:
You would think someone would have pulled him aside and told him by now//"Ere mate them flicks they ain't work, stop embarrassing yerself"...

Also You'd think he would have noticed they don't work when he see's himself on MOTD and other footie progs...and how whenever he tries them he gives the ball to the opposing team...
I genuinely think Chris Coleman did because Ramsey looked like a different player at the Euros. Of course Arsene just tells him to "express" himself. :roll: :x

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

2-0 united we will make them look like Real Madrid. :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone else worried about the pace of rashford and/or martial against mustafi ? The way he got left for dead early in the game against the scum, will most definitely have been picked up by moaninho, and that scares the bejesus out of me :worried:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:It doesnt matter one fuck who is or isnt fit :roll: Its Manure at Auld Traffart..its le bumhole against Maureen..its a turdholing most probably of the 2 or 3 nil variety.
Exactly that. We ventured up there when Agent Moyes was at his lowest ebb and when Van Gaal couldn't buy a win and was getting jeered - both times as title contenders elect - and each time limped out of there having been duffed up by a patched up team who were there for the taking. Apparently Rashford caught us by surprise last time according to TO1AW, so I presume that means he won't this time then? Could be out of the precious top four by the end of the weekend with the Scum playing the hapless Shammers but more likely to see the banner boys when 2nd place gets confirmed in a few days time in the Be All and End All group. Moaning Maureen will be 3 points behind the Coach of the Decade heading into next weekend

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Anyone else worried about the pace of rashford and/or martial against mustafi ? The way he got left for dead early in the game against the scum, will most definitely have been picked up by moaninho, and that scares the bejesus out of me :worried:
The irony, oh the irony, augie... :rubchin:

You defended the human oil tanker with one broken propeller (also known as the Big German Vagina) on here long long after the rest of us called him for what he is, a slow shit coward - and now you turn on Mustafi after less than half a season...? :lol:

oh the humanity... :cry:

and the irony...

:D :wink: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:Anyone else worried about the pace of rashford and/or martial against mustafi ? The way he got left for dead early in the game against the scum, will most definitely have been picked up by moaninho, and that scares the bejesus out of me :worried:
I'm worried about Mustafi full stop. His pace, aerially, when faced up one on one, clearing balls that are fizzed in on the deck....there's a lot about him that gives me the jitters. Yes, he's better than the BFG or Gabriel (who isn't) but his performances in recent weeks have given me massive cause for concern.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's the modern game. CH's nowadays have to be able to pass the ball first and foremost. Tackling, positioning, clearing, heading, playing the line, playing offside etc are all secondary. :roll:

Can anyone name 5 top class proper CH's in the PL nowdays? :rubchin:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

You defended the human oil tanker with one broken propeller (also known as the Big German Vagina) on here long long after the rest of us called him for what he is, a slow shit coward - and now you turn on Mustafi after less than half a season...? :lol:

and the irony...

Just to clarify my position on the BFG .............the BFG was born slow and nobody can disagree with that, but for most of his career he was able to get away with it because (a) his intelligence on the pitch rarely left him exposed and (b) he was able to organize the rest of the defence as well. In the last couple of years, neither of these factors have been enough to save him, and I too have called for him to be replaced in the starting team.
Now the difference here is that I don't feel that mustafi has either the brains nor the organization skills to mask his weaknesses - last season some fans were bigging up Gabriel (purely cos he wasn't the BFG imo) and I think that it has been witnessed since that he too isn't good enough. Two weeks ago I suggested that mustafi could be this seasons Gabriel, and that is a thought that concerns me, although yet again we will see fans talking him up on the basis that he isn't the BFG - I really hope that mustafi is the real deal because right now I think that our team badly needs him to be quality

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:It's the modern game. CH's nowadays have to be able to pass the ball first and foremost. Tackling, positioning, clearing, heading, playing the line, playing offside etc are all secondary. :roll:

Can anyone name 5 top class proper CH's in the PL nowdays? :rubchin:
For me Kompany is/was the best central defender the league has seen since Vidic, although now massively injury prone it remains to be seen whether he can ever get back to the player he once was.

You're right though in saying there's a scarcity of top class CB's around, the old school no nonsense defender is a dying breed these days.

Top class or not is debatable but for me the 5 best centre halves in the league are -

Kompany - with a word of caution as mentioned above, Kos would definitely be in every top 5, begrudgingly I'd have to say both Spuds CB's - Alderweireld and Vertonghen would be in there and it's a toss up between Smalling and Otamendi for the fifth spot although neither really float my boat as defenders if I'm being honest.

Scarce picking indeed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

and the irony...

Just to clarify my position on the BFG .............the BFG was born slow and nobody can disagree with that, but for most of his career he was able to get away with it because (a) his intelligence on the pitch rarely left him exposed and (b) he was able to organize the rest of the defence as well. In the last couple of years, neither of these factors have been enough to save him, and I too have called for him to be replaced in the starting team.
Now the difference here is that I don't feel that mustafi has either the brains nor the organization skills to mask his weaknesses - last season some fans were bigging up Gabriel (purely cos he wasn't the BFG imo) and I think that it has been witnessed since that he too isn't good enough. Two weeks ago I suggested that mustafi could be this seasons Gabriel, and that is a thought that concerns me, although yet again we will see fans talking him up on the basis that he isn't the BFG - I really hope that mustafi is the real deal because right now I think that our team badly needs him to be quality
Yeah, I know. I was being a tad facetious... Mustafi started quite well but he has shown some serious flaws in his game. But then so has Kos for years now and there are pundits and fans that rate him as in the top 3 CH's in Europe - and I'm sure one of the morons on Sky (Redkrapp, Neville or Carragher) might have claimed he was number 1!! :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I like Kos but he is also prone to some awful brainfarts and bad judgement on a semi-regular basis.

As I said I think the modern game is slowly weeding out the concept of the top CH as first and foremost a pure defender. It's becoming a dying art and that for me is the real issue. :(

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

and the irony...

Yeah, I know. I was being a tad facetious... Mustafi started quite well but he has shown some serious flaws in his game. But then so has Kos for years now and there are pundits and fans that rate him as in the top 3 CH's in Europe - and I'm sure one of the morons on Sky (Redkrapp, Neville or Carragher) might have claimed he was number 1!! :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I like Kos but he is also prone to some awful brainfarts and bad judgement on a semi-regular basis.

As I said I think the modern game is slowly weeding out the concept of the top CH as first and foremost a pure defender. It's becoming a dying art and that for me is the real issue. :(
Wankers are probably told to 'big up' the Premier League as much as possible, even if they come off sounding like complete bellends. Same with all this 'Transfer Deadline Day' bollocks when no c_nts moved, or 'Super Sunday' when you've got West Brom vs fucking Middlesbrough on :roll:

I'd kill for a no-BS CH in the Chiellini/Bonnuci mold next to Kosc at Arsenal :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

As has been stated on here by a number of Gooners - If there is a team you want to play when things are NOT going well for your team it is Arsenal (as DB rightly said 'the team that just keep giving').

There are rumours that Maureen is losing the old fartford dressing room - Sadly That will change this Saturday - we will rock up - and thatnks to the wankywenger - the players will go out ill-prepared and a leetil beet nervous - we will not press and run at the fuckerrs from the beginning....They will grab a goal our players heads will drop - except for Alexis IF he is playing - But in one fell swoop, once again we will get cornholed by a sub-standard manure side, Maureen will get a stay of execution which will see manure improve both confidence and winning wise - All Thanks to the team that just keep giving.

Wenger will be out tactic'd by Maureen - Pogba will have his best game of the season, Xhaka will get 2 yellows and so by bye muchaso's - ramsey will do his Hollywood flickorama and contr8ibute fuckk all, Ozil will see what's happening and disappear from the game - Wenger will make his usual 70th minute substitutions instead of manning up and replacing those 3 worst Arsenal players on the pitch...and so the Ghost of GroundHog will visit us and we shall all know yet another season of Failure under the cluelesscunt that is Madame Wanky Wenger.

Sad? Yes More likely than us turning up and giving them and Maureen the roasting they deserve !? Yes.

At least the early kick-off will allow us to get it over with sooner rather than later.

Oh! Yes, and all the Wanky AKB's in accordance with their despotic leader and god-like figure will manage to dig up some lame excuses - Leetil bit jaded, hand-brake on, nervousness, sending off changed the game :blah: :blah: :blah:

:cry:

Why the fuckk do we bother.

:suicide:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Godin is the best CB in the game imo.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:Theo redundant in THIS Game... :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

You really know nothing. :coffeespit:
Arsene Wilson

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

and the irony...

Just to clarify my position on the BFG .............the BFG was born slow and nobody can disagree with that, but for most of his career he was able to get away with it because (a) his intelligence on the pitch rarely left him exposed and (b) he was able to organize the rest of the defence as well. In the last couple of years, WHEN WE BOUGHT THE BIG COWARD neither of these factors have been enough to save him, and I too have called for him to be replaced in the starting team.
there you go.....slight amendment :D