ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Kingralph wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:04 pm
Imagine if he’s a flop. 8.5 years on however many hundreds of thousands a week. This is a huge risk for the chavs. Not that I care of course.

Interestingly, despite all the photos of him being at the Bridge today, I am yet to see one of him smiling. Even in the picture of him in their shirt he looks super p!ssed off
Basically betrayed his entire country to go and play for a club that has the blood of his countrymen on its hands and whose thick as shit thug supporters chant the name of a man who financed the war crimes and ethnic cleansing carried out on the Ukrianian people. Fuck him

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

8 and a half years :shock:

To go along with the 6 and 7 and a half year contracts he’s already after handing out. That dumb fuck is going to burn the place down, can’t wait.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:01 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:15 am
Not gonna lie, proper pissed off at how this all panned out. The way the player twerked so hard for Arsenal but gave Chelski the encouragement they needed to mount a bid isn’t lost on me. If he said no I only want Arsenal they would have backed down.

And again this falls on the doorstep of the Kroenkes. What do they want out of Arsenal football club, a top 4 side or a team that can challenge for top trophies. If it is the latter they need to stop dithering and having protracted transfer sagas, because this will become the norm for recruitment, we will get hijacked time and time again.

So now we are linked with Raphina, fuck that I would rather give ESR the backing he deserves now he’s approaching match fitness again and go all out for a top draw DM.
This has been discussed many times over the years on here and to be fair to Stan Kroenke he has consistently said that he is not interested in competing for titles- which is why he would obviously not pay over the odds for this player.
The whole debacle reminds me of the +£1 shenanigans when TOF was in charge - Both Embarrassing.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Was angry when we didn't stump up for David Villa, was fuming when we didnt bid for Alonso, was apoplectic when we bid £40mil plus 1 for Suarez, was depressed when each transfer window we didn't sign a DM with any defensive steel after moving to the new stadium.

Could.not.give.a.fuck about this Backstreet Boy reject! I hope he enjoys his 8 years player under 8 different managers and picking up his extra bag of silver. Can pay for another shit religious tattoo on his neck!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:21 pm
Kingralph wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:04 pm
Imagine if he’s a flop. 8.5 years on however many hundreds of thousands a week. This is a huge risk for the chavs. Not that I care of course.

Interestingly, despite all the photos of him being at the Bridge today, I am yet to see one of him smiling. Even in the picture of him in their shirt he looks super p!ssed off
Basically betrayed his entire country to go and play for a club that has the blood of his countrymen on its hands and whose thick as shit thug supporters chant the name of a man who financed the war crimes and ethnic cleansing carried out on the Ukrianian people. Fuck him
Well Said Perry ABSA-FUCKIN-LUTELY!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Losing Mudryk is not really the point, the point is that once again it seems that we have put all our focus on one player, lose out at the last minute and end up with nobody. I actually do believe we can win the league BUT we need a bench, we do not have any game changers on the bench. Merson reckons that is what is going to cost us the title. Look how we got jammed up against Newcastle and there was just nobody to come on to make that difference. ESR, hopefully is back but I don't think Arteta rates him........same with Viera, I don't know why he bought him???

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Walked out for his unveiling with the Ukrainian flag draped around his shoulders….to a club dripping in Russian blood money.

Fucking moron.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

£89 million to a club which has no idea or direction in which to go!
I'm pleased the club didn't allow themselves to be held to ransom and if the player had wanted to join us, he could have dug his heels in!
As for his betrayal of his country?
There's loads of them over here, particularly in the ROI, from what I've seen and heard, they're no better than him.
I've always had a mistrust of people from eastern europe, ooooops! Is I a racist?
Fuck him!
We do need to sign some back up though, I'm not convinced by ESR, add to that he is very injury prone, another jackie wileshite perhaps?
COYG

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:31 pm
£89 million to a club which has no idea or direction in which to go!
I'm pleased the club didn't allow themselves to be held to ransom and if the player had wanted to join us, he could have dug his heels in!

As for his betrayal of his country?
There's loads of them over here, particularly in the ROI, from what I've seen and heard, they're no better than him.
I've always had a mistrust of people from eastern europe, ooooops! Is I a racist?
Fuck him!
We do need to sign some back up though, I'm not convinced by ESR, add to that he is very injury prone, another jackie wileshite perhaps?
COYG
Reminds me of the Frank Mcavennie and Tony Cottee transfers in 1988-89. Could have joined us, chose clubs in chaos for more money and we won the league.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Please please

Buy some players so we can win this

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:11 pm
Losing Mudryk is not really the point, the point is that once again it seems that we have put all our focus on one player, lose out at the last minute and end up with nobody. I actually do believe we can win the league BUT we need a bench, we do not have any game changers on the bench. Merson reckons that is what is going to cost us the title. Look how we got jammed up against Newcastle and there was just nobody to come on to make that difference. ESR, hopefully is back but I don't think Arteta rates him........same with Viera, I don't know why he bought him???
Bang on the money mate. We have a team that can win this league but we do not have a squad that can win it. Two injuries or a couple of players dropping in form could derail us instantly. We need to strengthen now.

I've been slated (by idiots :wink: ) on here for saying the other big clubs are all below par or in transition which has affected our league position, and I still believe that. But they will get runs of form going and we need to have the squad to see them off.

What a kick in the balls it would be to get near the end and then we slip up because of injuries or players losing form and then manure or someone hit a run of form and pip us right at the death.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! The Krankies Need To Be Told Just How Close We Are and that they MUST Do Their Bit....It's a No Brainer.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:04 pm
Yeah! The Krankies Need To Be Told Just How Close We Are and that they MUST Do Their Bit....It's a No Brainer.
And if they don't then don't be surprised to see Arteta go and bring a few players with him

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:30 pm
xisstential wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:11 pm
Bang on the money mate. We have a team that can win this league but we do not have a squad that can win it. Two injuries or a couple of players dropping in form could derail us instantly. We need to strengthen now.

I've been slated (by idiots :wink: ) on here for saying the other big clubs are all below par or in transition which has affected our league position, and I still believe that. But they will get runs of form going and we need to have the squad to see them off.

What a kick in the balls it would be to get near the end and then we slip up because of injuries or players losing form and then manure or someone hit a run of form and pip us right at the death.
I know everyone keeps going on about our squad quality, and compared to city we are lacking...here's the BUT... Leicester and more recently Liverpool squad wasn't strong and they got through to winning the league. If transfers are not going to happen then recall a couple of loanees for the areas we need them.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

After today's result I'd make a £60m bid for Harry Kane...he'd be a good option off the bench,😁