ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:42 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:17 pm
Fcuk me Caicedo has only played 26 league games for Brighton ??? Bought for £4.5m and TWENTY SIX GAMES later is valued at over £80m - how the fcuk does that work ??? I know that I said it already, but go for Camavinga and if Madrid wont let him go either on loan or permanent deal, then go for Tielemens instead, cos the money being talked about for Caicedo seems mad
I don’t know what’s more mental, a guy that was pretty much a complete unknown 6 months ago being the subject of a £70m bid or the club he’s contracted with turning it down.

The sample size we’re looking at with him is extremely small, you just got to hope we’ve done our homework here.

FWIW even though I’m normally the agent of doom around here I’m actually convinced this transfer will go through tomorrow, I’d be amazed if it doesn’t.

Roddaz Knows.

I share the concerns of both of you. I've said previously that I know almost nothing about him, but if the club want him at that price, then as Rodders says, we better have done our homework.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:55 pm

I work in finance. Not that that is particularly relevant. Basically when Roman sold the Club he cleared the debt. It cleared the decks for them to go mad. The second thing is that any new Club owner gets a grace period from having to comply with FFP. It’s at least a few years until they need to comply. Thirdly they are signing players on long contracts so that their losses are spread over a longer period. These rules have been taken advantage of in an unprecedented way. Bizarrely by being sanctioned for supporting Putin, Roman has put the Club in the strongest financial position imaginable. UEFA should hang their heads in shame.
Absolutely nuts that new owners get grace period, especially after the clubs previous behavior - I.e doping!.

UEFA are pricks but what about our own shameful idiots who allow this?.

Chavs should have gone to the wall after their 15yr self indulgence spree, just shows that there is not justice or fairness.

Chavs really are the pits and should be the most hated club in world football, yes worse than spurs for me!.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:55 pm
and before OBG does it.........

:D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
Fcuk me Caicedo has only played 26 league games for Brighton ??? Bought for £4.5m and TWENTY SIX GAMES later is valued at over £80m - how the fcuk does that work ??? I know that I said it already, but go for Camavinga and if Madrid wont let him go either on loan or permanent deal, then go for Tielemens instead, cos the money being talked about for Caicedo seems mad
I don’t know what’s more mental, a guy that was pretty much a complete unknown 6 months ago being the subject of a £70m bid or the club he’s contracted with turning it down.

The sample size we’re looking at with him is extremely small, you just got to hope we’ve done our homework here.

FWIW even though I’m normally the agent of doom around here I’m actually convinced this transfer will go through tomorrow, I’d be amazed if it doesn’t.

Roddaz Knows.
Remember when the majority were questioning the purchase of Odegaard, Jesus and Zinchenko...also Tomi and Benny Blanco and they have all Come Good (ooooh err missus :oops: ), so I think Edu & Arteta know what kind of player we need. Or put another way they have a far better idea than Any of Us.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨TRANSFER NEWS: @Arsenal still discussing over a move for M.Caicedo with Brighton

As widely reported, alternative option is Jorginho. Others are Tielemans from Leicester & Onana from Everton.

#AFC working hard behind scenes to sign a Midfielder. Time ticking

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:anyminute: :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jorginho!!! :shock: FFS! Not another Chav Cast Off! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Jorginho :lol:

We’re going to end up with Sander Berg, most likely.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:28 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Roddaz Knows.
Remember when the majority were questioning the purchase of Odegaard, Jesus and Zinchenko...also Tomi and Benny Blanco and they have all Come Good (ooooh err missus :oops: ), so I think Edu & Arteta know what kind of player we need. Or put another way they have a far better idea than Any of Us.

Let me start by saying that Jesus works really hard for the team and is a brilliant link up player for such a small striker, BUT let me also add that I was against signing him because I argued that he does not score enough goals and the reality is that he hadnt scored in nearly 2 months BEFORE his injury. I dont think that I have ever been so divided on an Arsenal player - I do see and appreciate all the really positive things he does for the team, but in reality to challenge for the big prizes season after season you need a quality consistent goalscorer and Gabriel Jesus is not that type of player

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mikel Arteta, understood to be fan of Jorginho and appreciating his skills — this is why is a concrete name for the final hours for Arsenal. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

…but Chelsea want significant fee to let him leave now ⤵️

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:59 pm
Mikel Arteta, understood to be fan of Jorginho and appreciating his skills — this is why is a concrete name for the final hours for Arsenal. ⚪️🔴 #AFC

…but Chelsea want significant fee to let him leave now ⤵️

Of course he is a fan - same way he is a fan of the swiss c.unt and still makes him captain of our football club when it suits him :evil:

If we pay even 5m for jorginho I would consider us as having being robbed by the chavs AGAIN - we targetted him when we beat them last time out, and now we are supposed to believe that he can make a positive contribution to our title bid ?? Fcuk off :roll:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

id rather stick with sambi than jorginho. a more uninspiring pointless sighing i cant think of. hes shite...oh willian.

oh and augie, no offence but all these bad vibes and negative shit has kicked off since you back, would you mind awfully f'ing off until after the transfer window is shut, we might actually sign someone decent then!!

;)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:28 pm
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Roddaz Knows.

Let me start by saying that Jesus works really hard for the team and is a brilliant link up player for such a small striker, BUT let me also add that I was against signing him because I argued that he does not score enough goals and the reality is that he hadnt scored in nearly 2 months BEFORE his injury. I dont think that I have ever been so divided on an Arsenal player - I do see and appreciate all the really positive things he does for the team, but in reality to challenge for the big prizes season after season you need a quality consistent goalscorer and Gabriel Jesus is not that type of player

You're on a roll Augie, welcome back mate....agree with all this as well. I said when we signed him that he wasn't the goalscorer we need. A decent centre mid and a goalscoring centre forward and this team could seriously go places.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Chelsea are demanding £15-20m to sell Jorginho. (@FabrizioRomano) #CFC

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’d go and get Bennacer from Milan.