McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: McDowell's VANITY 'Rumours' Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

1989 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
1989 wrote:Lloris is hugely overrated.
so he's not top 3? :rubchin:

Oh, I give up. :lol:

I've only seen him once for France and he dropped a clanger :oops: :oops:

Anyway, IF he's top class then I'd want him... if not, then no. 8)
Not even top 10 imo.

Casillas
Neuer
Hart
Buffon
Valdes
Cech
Julio Cesar
Stekelenburg
Akinfeev
Handanovic

They're all better
The thing is now wenker has made shez our number one, if he was to bring in someone else - who remotely challenged him, he has such a big ego, he'd throw his toys outta the pram and ask for a transfer...as has been said he IS Good, but has a lot to learn if he wants to become the best and time is on his side.....There are quite a few better goalies in the prem than shez...Vorm and Krul being 2 examples of teams lower than Arsenal (just) who have better goalies.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LDB wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:Don't hold your breath mate, read a blog today about Vela where they reckon a club wants to buy him for.3m but we want 8 and it may break down.

Says it all don't it.
Now I'm no master negotiator but at that point dont they compromise to 5m?

Cant really see the point in playing hardball over carlos fucking vela :roll:
Basically our club is being run by a bunch of idiots.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

I'd like us to sign an experienced GK to backup Chesney and not bring in someone like Lloris to replace him. Chesney has potential to be a great and he gave us stability that we haven't had since Lehmann left. Maybe someone like Jaaskelainen would be a great signing to back him up.

I am also wondering if Wenger is planning on sticking Chamberlain in the advanced mid role, alternating with Rosicky. If he is, then I would also think that we may be in for another winger type player - like a Benayoun - who can play advanced mid and up front on the wing.

You know how Wenger loves his versatility, so I would almost bank on him not signing a DM and trusting Frimpong and Coquelin to play the role of the person lying deep in midfield.

I think that we are in for a normal (disappointing) summer again.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

Rob Green is leaving West Ham on a free....

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

Good news lads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... mpsey.html

The victims have Dempsey on their radar- according to the article he would only cost £4m. Thats half of what AW is believed to be looking for Vela.

A guy who can get goals from midfield and a proven Prem quality player is available for pennies and has already stated he would want CL football.

Surely we can stretch to that?

(Whilst we're at it- £6.8m for Sigurdsson is a steal and a player I would have at the Arsenal anyday)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

wenger is a fucking donkey.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Wengerball wrote:Good news lads

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... mpsey.html

The victims have Dempsey on their radar- according to the article he would only cost £4m. Thats half of what AW is believed to be looking for Vela.

A guy who can get goals from midfield and a proven Prem quality player is available for pennies and has already stated he would want CL football.

Surely we can stretch to that?

(Whilst we're at it- £6.8m for Sigurdsson is a steal and a player I would have at the Arsenal anyday)
Sigurdsson is quality and cheap, he would be a good signing for Liverpool and will be good here but don't see it happening.

Dempsey is another but again it won't happen.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenker won't spend another fucking penny!

*word censored* :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wengerball

Post by Wengerball »

OneBardGooner wrote:Wenker won't spend another fucking penny!

*word censored* :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
An old favourite from ODL is that there is no "value" in the transfer market. I remember last year in the transfer window, we had Stekelenberg (Dutch Number 1) available for £5m and Enrique (Liverpools best player last season imo) avaliable to buy for £7m.

The question I would ask is how do you, and most importantly our board, define "value"? Value shouldnt just be about a low net spend over the transfer window. Ferguson bought Rooney for £25m when he was a teenager because he saw "value" in him, regardless of the premium price paid. Now regardless of what anyone makes of Rooney as a person, you cant really turn around and say he hasnt paid back that £25m and then some. There are are also rumours of a £100m PSG bid in the works- so if purple nose decided to sell he would have reaped massive dividends from this deal, not only on the balance sheet but on the pitch where it is the most important.

The product on the pitch defines so much to do with the monetary aspect of the game- the board are taking huge risks trying to scrape into the CL places with the bare minimum because once you slip out of it its very hard to get it back.

I would have thought Liverpool would be the perfect example of this- they dropped out on year and they havent been back since.

Its only now they have a good manager and with sensible investment that I feel they could catch up with us.

Back on topic though there are some GREAT deals out there to be had and I just hope (more than expect) that we can get at the very least a quality DM.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:wenger is a fucking donkey.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

How do you know? Have you seen him in the showers? :rubchin: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm sorry but I think you're wrong. Even Arsene has to go to the toilet eventually!! :-P :lol: :lol: :wink:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

LDB wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:Don't hold your breath mate, read a blog today about Vela where they reckon a club wants to buy him for.3m but we want 8 and it may break down.

Says it all don't it.
Now I'm no master negotiator but at that point dont they compromise to 5m?

Cant really see the point in playing hardball over carlos fucking vela :roll:
I'm very dissapointed with Velas contribution at the club but apparently he is well sought after and may be a sort of Diego Forlan/Rossi of la liga. I think we should hold out and at the very least get a sell on clause.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

I have been reading up on the Spanish economy, and the collapse of Greece and the Euro.
Arsene, who sounds like Arsenal, will not be splashing the cash, Euro, Dollar or £.
Loanees, freebies and Podolski....................................oh, and RVP to stay.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

I suspect with Frimpong and Coquelin coming through, we shouldn't be expecting to see a DM come in. M'Vila would be a much needed refresher there though.

So with our defensively-suspect leftback duo of Gibbs and Santos, we can add a similarly soft defensive mid with Song and two rookies (give or take super Djourou!) and if Sagna can't play 45 games in a season we have the experienced ex-Charlton player Jenkinson and the prodigal talents of the veteran Nico Yennaris as cover. Or we can play TV5 out of position, which he so loves to do. Vertonghen can play both roles, but I have a feeling Sp*rs are more serious than we are about him.

I just hope we don't get some fucking nobody from some random continental league. When we get linked with players like Jedson that's just worrisome. Are we really shopping in the Ukraine now?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Junior Hoilett signs a 4 year deal with Borussia Monchengladbach

VIA twitter