we don't need to replace adebayor

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
afc-bob

Post by afc-bob »

augie wrote:
tinpot lane wrote:
augie wrote:
youngw wrote:But thats pretty much the role RVP plays? It would mean dropping RVP if you wanna put Arshavin in the Bergkamp role.

I think Huntelaar is close to a deal already with someone else

With all due respect mate there aint no comparison here - arshavin is an absolute quality player that plays at pace, has got a great shot on him and see's a pass like few others in the game. Van Persie is good but he aint arshavin good lets be honest
Eh what? You believe Arshavin is technically better than RvP?

Without a shadow of a doubt 8)
Id have to agree with Augie

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

I REALLY DONT CARE JUST GET RID OF HIM.

peeps112

Post by peeps112 »

love rvp but arshavin, like augie said, is just top quality/world class. his skill is superior to rvp - for one, arshavin can use both feet. even the most ardent rvp supporters can admit that he tends to favor one foot just slightly above the other.

as for the topic, we need to replace ade with at least another starting quality player, whether in the midfield or defense, both for depth and for morale.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Yes, let's sell our top league scorer for two seasons, bring back accusations we are a selling club and not replace him. We have a somewhat injury prone Van Persie he is never going to 30 goals in a season, never formed a partnership on the field and is erratic, we have Eduardo who we don't know how he will play now or if he can get 30 goals in a season, Nic or is still young, Vela who didn't look anywhere near ready last season and a couple of midfielders we can use as the number 10 or a winger.

thewilsonboy

Re: we don't need to replace adebayor

Post by thewilsonboy »

columoz wrote:when that piss bucket finally leaves us in favour of more money and not a beyonce like football club then i personally dont think we need to replae him. what with rvp,bendtner,eddie,arshavin,vela, walcot all able to play up top i think money would be better off else where to improve the squad
How can you seriously believe that someone like Vela can step into Adebayors boots if he leaves.

We will need another striker definitely if we even want to come close to competing.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If we don't replace ade, we will be left without an out and out striker, who can stay fit and play 30+ lge games, I love eddie but he won't start 20 lge games and god help us if Bendtner starts 30 games.
It will also leave us without a physical presence up front, as bendtner despite his build seems a bit soft.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I've said this before and I'll say it again...Ade and RVP cannot play as a partnership!

Give RVP a pacey forward like Vela or Walcott (personally both aren't quite ready as they need to muscle up.

Eddie would be the perfect foil but is he match ready?

We would have already replaced Ade in Bendtner as both are more target men. Ade did have the advantage of possesing pace and could play as a lone striker.
If Ade goes this is Bendtners chance to prove himself and to prove him self to us!

Personally, I don't think we need a direct replacement but would like to see another adiction in another Eduardo type striker.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Further to this point about not replacing Greedywhore; I think we will need to. If we look at our current striker options realistically;

RVP averages 10 league goals a year (in a good year) and is hilariously injury prone. Could become a great 2nd striker for the main striker to play off (if he ever finds a partner that works well with him!!) but not a main striker.

Eddie is quality but he can’t play one game without missing the next 3 and may struggle again next season with his return to fitness.

Vela looks quality at times but is unproven at the top level on a regular basis. He may make it, he may not.

Bendtner is not near good enough to be a first choice striker (impact sub maybe, but no more than that).

AA23? Probably suited better to a creative wide role or a similar role in the pocket sliding balls through for a main striker.

And AW’s insistence on playing Theo out wide in the “Tony Daly headless chicken attacks corner flagâ€

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

Is this Wengers idea of a replacement :banghead: :banghead:
http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2009/07/ ... nal-talks/

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Great another Brazilian with an un-Brazilian name.

Let's hope Wellington Beefs up enough to be able to but the Boot in! He'll need to have his feet firmly on the ground but this is a massive step forward.

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

Boomer wrote:Great another Brazilian with an un-Brazilian name.

Let's hope Wellington Beefs up enough to be able to but the Boot in! He'll need to have his feet firmly on the ground but this is a massive step forward.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

greatgooner wrote:

I know....your shocked you didn't come up with something as brilliant as I did!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Boomer wrote:
greatgooner wrote:

anymore of that and I'll kick you in the bojo's. :wink:

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

I think both of them are very good technically...But I prefer Arshavin to RVP as Arshavin doesn't do a lot of unnecessary tricks or movement. RVP is good to watch when we are up to 3-0 or something. I saw so many chances he missed the golden chances to score becos of his "skills"....

RVP is the best player of us last season??!! No wonder why Ryan Giggs is the best player for the premier league last season :lol:

greatgooner

Post by greatgooner »

Boomer wrote:
greatgooner wrote:

I wasnt shocked i just wanted to boost my post count so i can be like you :bowing21: :wink: :lol: