Underhill last night, lack of respect, awareness, discipline

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Shocking reading. I was lucky enough to meet Ian Wright when he was at his peak and one of the biggest names in football, he was a total credit to the club and himself going out of his way to make me and my mate feel like two of his mates rather than supporters.

In stark contrast to Eastmond who has (and will) achieve nothing other than a few appearances for us then a journeyman career through the lower leagues.

You could email [email protected] if you feel it warrants it.

Pat Rice should bring all his international caps and medals to show that lot and tell Frimpong "One day you'll be an old man too but will you have won all this?!"
Last edited by hugh jardon on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Could you imagine young players behaving like this in GGs time? they wouldn't have been around too long if they had.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Monkeymaw wrote:You should email the club especially regarding the behaviour of Eastmond. He represents the clubs and they should be made aware of his poor behaviour and lack of self awareness.
What he said.....

It's not as if Eastmond is anything spectacular or special....He needs a good slap.

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

We all love Pat and wouldn't ever want to hear him get called an 'old man', but as some have already said, that's pretty common banter in a work and/or sports environment, and was surely said in good jest - as Pat smirked himself, it clearly wasn't taken as offensive. Why would Frimpong risk offending a coach with such a remark anyway?

As for Eastmond, he strikes me as a moron. It's pretty disgusting that being told off about his attitude had no real effect, but that's probably indicative of his own poor parenting as a child.

To be fair, I don't think ALL modern day footballers are bad, as much as we'd like to believe. But, generally speaking it's a different day and age, and respect isn't as prominent as it once was.

Macca

Post by Macca »

hugh jardon wrote:Shocking reading. I was lucky enough to meet Ian Wright when he was at his peak and one of the biggest names in football, he was a total credit to the club and himself going out of his way to make me and my mate feel like two of his mates rather than supporters.

In stark contrast to Eastmond who has (and will) achieve nothing other than a few appearances for us then a journeyman career through the lower leagues.

You could email [email protected] if you feel it warrants it.Pat Rice should bring all his international caps and medals to show that lot and tell Frimpong "One day you'll be an old man too but will you have won all this?!"
Just did....

Goose

Post by Goose »

This is exactly the sort of thing that diminishes my love of football. As others have said it would not have happened in GG's day.

We need to get back to the days where anyone representing the club should be wearing a club suit and acting accordingly instead of have tracksuit and headphones on all of the time.

Macca

Post by Macca »

2nd that

AJAAFC

Post by AJAAFC »

I have e-mailed the club regarding Eastmond. I've left the Frimpong / Rice part out as it's just my opinion on the situation and Pat clearly didn't take offence.

I work with players in the lower leagues and, as most people have pointed out above, this is an attitude and style of behaviour that is not uncommon. But as one poster also pointed out above it's probably more an indication of society.

In the meantime I've remembered the reply from Eastmond's friend "you're a BALLER man, you can afford it".

Yes "a BALLER"!!!
Agggghhhhhhhhhh...

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

The modern day footballer summed up in one thread,

I can gurantee one thing, in the days of adams bould keown etc etc this fella would have been taking aside and giving a good fucking kick in

a complete lack of respect to not only everyone around him but more so to you, and fairplay for saying to him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Surprised we haven't had a teenager on here bleating about "it's just banter, they're young and are entitled to have fun..."

:roll:

Respect = class. Show some, you little mong cúnts. :evil:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What is Craig Eastmond still doing at the club? As Quartz has said he now has at least 2 players of roughly his own age ahead of him in that position as well as Song. Hardly stood out at Millwall either

Another example of a cocky little upstart...too much, too soon. On top of the Bendtner incident, proof that giving a lot of money to very thick young men often produces this kind of behaviour

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

DB10GOONER wrote:Surprised we haven't had a teenager on here bleating about "it's just banter, they're young and are entitled to have fun..."

:roll:

Respect = class. Show some, you little mong cúnts. :evil:
Not at all, I'm 19 and find Craig Eastmond's attitude absolutely disgcusting. I'd give half an arm to play for The Arsenal and, like I already do (I would hope) conduct myself in a proper manner to play for The Arsenal.

Frimpong I can maybe see more as banter to Pat but there's no excuses for Eastmond.

Manners and decorum cost nothing! If Craig's behaviour continues like this then he should be asked to leave the club..

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

hugh jardon wrote:Shocking reading. I was lucky enough to meet Ian Wright when he was at his peak and one of the biggest names in football, he was a total credit to the club and himself going out of his way to make me and my mate feel like two of his mates rather than supporters.
Seriously? Wrighty, I met him at an award ceremony and he hardly spoke a word to anyone.

I won an Arsenal award back when I was a Junor Gunner, circa 1997. My Mum fell into a coma and I was able to get police and paramedics out to help her.

Part of my award meant I got to meet the Arsenal team along with other Junor Gunners and their parents who won awards for various reasons. This was pre-season so we had just signed Overmars, Petit etc. Wrighty hardly spoke a word to anyone and seemed like he wasn't interested. When you are 9 years old and that guy is your favourite Arsenal player, meeting him when he barely wants to mingle does hurt. :( not sure if anything had been on his mind or he had any personal problems at that time but there ya go, seems like he only loves it when camera's are on him. Seaman behaved the same, which surprised me. :?

By contrast; Bergkamp, Dixon, Overmars and Petit were brilliant, seemed to enjoy meeting the fans, asking questions, posting for photos, etc. Was a pleasure to meet them. :barscarf:

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

The Eastmond episode is clearly moronic behaviour, but I agree with brazilian gooner that Frimpong's behaviour is unacceptable as well.

It's not just the words, it's the whole situation. To make those comments to an Arsenal legend, who's also your Assistant Manager, in front of the general public, is insulting. I hope Pat had him running up hills with weights on his back for a couple of hours.

There should be pictures of Boothroyd, Bentley et al on the walls below a 'where are they now?' banner.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Macca wrote:This sort of attitude/disrespect needs to be brought up at a Q&A.
Who can do this for us and when is the next one?
Let the top of the tree know The Arsenal fans are not happy and it should not be tolerated!!
:redcard:
Agree totally, let the club know, in the strongest terms.

I once saw John Hollins(WHO) give a few young players at light training/photo shoot in Bps. Stortford a real REAL grilling for dishing out bad lang, etc, etc.

Young waster some of these guys, tell the club>> :cry: