Henry Coming Back???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Old Oak Gooner wrote:Err, Bobby Zamora is quality :barscarf:
"Super quality" or just normal quality :shock:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

It's all cheap stop gaps with Wenger, if it's not Campbell, it's Lehmann, now Henry (who was shit in his final season with us, no encouragement to the young players, the play had to go through him... etc etc....) for a club of our size and supposed resources, we should be aiming alot higher than fucking stop gap signings.
Last edited by franksav63 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Double... :oops:

tel

Post by tel »

Another cheap stop gap from Wenger. A very stupid idea even by his standards.

augie

Post by augie »

Even if wenger is only considering this it tells me everything I need to know about what a small penny pinching no ambition club we really have become :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :(
I have no doubt that he would be a better option than chamakh, park and arshavin but these players and positions require a major upgrade not a temp stop gap retirement replacement and refusing to sign a quality striker in jan will tell us all what we need to know about how highly wenger rates chamakh and how important he will be for wenger in the future :cry: :cry: :cry:

If we signed henry and bridge on loan in jan then every akb member should be taken out and shot in the garden that used to the highbury pitch 8)

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

Its either Henry or park/shitmac when RVP Gets injured (Note I said when, its a certainty)

Wenger won't buy a new striker (We've seen this time and time again)
I know who i'd rather have as back up.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

When some are saying Henry would do better than Chamakh thats not saying TH14 is still good but that Chamakh is so shite we would rather have a semi retired player than him.

Has Wenger asked Bergkamp to come back yet? What about Pires?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Really have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand the chances of getting anyone decent in January combined with the chances of Wenger spending big to get someone half decent are, as we all know, nil. So what do we do, wait for RVP to burn himself out and have no back up or get someone in until the end of the season who is still quality in mind and body but maybe not speed anymore.

If I could get a promise from Wenger that he will do what's right for the club in the Summer and spend big then Henry coming back will do for now. Not the perfect scenario but we know the manager and club that we're dealing with these days

gunner67

Post by gunner67 »

digger wrote:Much as I love Henry (the second greatest Arsenal player I've seen), I think this is a bad move. I don't want to remember Henry as a 35 year old playing FA Cup games and sitting on the bench. It also confirms Wenger isn't in the market for signing a proper striker.
Who's the best player you've seen digger? Bergkamp?

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

augie wrote:Even if wenger is only considering this it tells me everything I need to know about what a small penny pinching no ambition club we really have become :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :(
No it doesn't. If Ryan Giggs can still do a job at United then Henry can still do a job here

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

I've heard he's going to pop out of a giant christmas cake on the pitch.

:twisted:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

rather Wenger splashes the cash and buys Ba from Newcastle, - big, powerful striker who can score

scored a cracker against WBA,

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rosie_titters wrote:rather Wenger splashes the cash and buys Ba from Newcastle, - big, powerful striker who can score

scored a cracker against WBA,

Ba is off to the africa nations next month

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

No it doesn't. If Ryan Giggs can still do a job at United then Henry can still do a job here
Red WUMber - C.unt of the year 2011

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

I criticise Wenger as much as anybody but he cant win with some can he?

If he goes out and buys a top european striker, you'll be saying "he's wasted money on a cup-tied player! what a useless git"

If he buys a quality but little-known european or african player you'll say "Why are we buying unproven talent? what a useless git"

If he buys a great striker from a lower club in England you'll say "If he's not good enough for (Enter team name) then why is he good enough for us? We need a big european name thats what we need! what a useless git"

So what does he do? Get a stop-gap until the end of the season when he could (not COULD, I doubt he will) go and buy a world-class player and not worry about any of the issues. I'd rather we get Henry as a stop-gap than play Park.