Its official...it's purple

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
brazilianGOONER

Re: Its official...it's purple

Post by brazilianGOONER »

truth in the end is that we supporters are to blame. if those hideous away shirts sold badly, they would stick to the traditional colours. nike doesn't make kits to please us, they make the kits that will sell the best for their best profit.

it's those fucking foreign supporters who'll buy any shit we make that are to blame :lol:

and this time i do meant it seriously! :|

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Is there not an ounce of pride left in those fuckers who run our club? Quite happy to send us out looking like Man Utd, without even batting an eyelid. Tossers.

I was never gonna buy any shirts anyway, no matter the design. But you know you'll see thousands of mongs in this around The Grove every match :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I bet Red Member will buy one. :lol:

And all will be well in the Church of Wenger, for sayeth the blinkered man "I obey thou chosen Board Members, Lord Wenger. Arsene be praised. Baaaaaaaaa." :roll:

:wink: :wink:

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Chesney will hate the goalie kit, my daughter loves it!!!!!!

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

No surprises there then, another piece of utter tripe produced by Nike!
If the rumours are true about Adidas making our kit next season then there's hope!

REB

Post by REB »

disgusting .

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

My marketing blurb would have been -

"Rise up for the purple headed warriors" :barscarf:

:wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Disgusting, horrific, revolting and vile. Words fail me with this fucking club right now. What gets to me the most is the ridiculous 'stories' that accompany the kits. This year it's yet again about Arsenal's rich history as a blah, blah, blah... D'ya know what? If history means so much to you, make it yellow and blue and start winning some things. Yellow and blue and trophies, that's Arsenal's history.

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Disgusting, horrific, revolting and vile. Words fail me with this fucking club right now. What gets to me the most is the ridiculous 'stories' that accompany the kits. This year it's yet again about Arsenal's rich history as a blah, blah, blah... D'ya know what? If history means so much to you, make it yellow and blue and start winning some things. Yellow and blue and trophies, that's Arsenal's history.
Spot on

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

I already knew it would be a disgusting away kit, but I'm even more annoyed by the slogan they've come up with.
"Purple Reign" ... Oh dear. :banghead:

By the way, who the hell is Rizzle Kicks? I know his name from SongPop ( :lol: ) but is he actually famous?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm not too bothered by the colour, just think the stripes are too thin...HOWEVER that Ultra Pink Dayglow garb that shez is gonna have to wear just does NOT suit him.....Feccckkkkk - Mind you it will mean the opposition forwards will need to wear shades...and any passing back will mean our defence can't miss him (Hopefully! :roll: :oops: ).

Would still prefer the traditional Yellow with blue trim...but I know only too well those days are gone - along with the way we were once thought of as fans and are now customers - and so The Arsenal become a franchise under the silent hammer of Kroenke the non-investing *word censored*.

Edit:Also I notice they're using The Ox, Gibbs, Jack the Lad and Song to market it....which means that's who wenker see's as our future...and so at least djourou and diaby aren't involved, but neither is Feo....does that mean ????? :roll: :barscarf: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:truth in the end is that we supporters are to blame. if those hideous away shirts sold badly, they would stick to the traditional colours. nike doesn't make kits to please us, they make the kits that will sell the best for their best profit.

it's those fucking foreign supporters who'll buy any shit we make that are to blame :lol:

and this time i do meant it seriously! :|
I agree 100% BG, BUT - The sheeple aka: AKB's will buy anything that's put on sale with the Arsenal emblem on it, it once was (Literally) a badge of "Honour", but now is merely a device to lure in yet more gullibles and set those tills a Kerrrrchingingggg! (and it isn't JUST foriegn supporters - though I'm sure if a survey were to be done the colour purple would rate very highly in Asia and the African continents) KERRRCHINNNGGG! :banghead:

littlefire

Post by littlefire »

Fcukin hell.

:banghead:

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

clockender1 wrote:Image

bleugh !

song is turning into Jason lee :roll:
Jesus Christ they look like the back of a Soho rickshaw on New Year's Eve, that's fucking horrific

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

What a wonderful kit got mine on order also Nike are genius saved us millions by not buying another defender one look at Szczesny top will put off any striker .

:lol: :lol: