Hull game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Hull game

Post by SteveO 35 »

clockender1 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
They do deserve some sympathy though coming from the only place less desirable than Stoke
Oh I dunno, ever been to Haringey ? They burnt it down and it looked better afterwards.

Most depressing place in the UK is Newport.
Newport is like heaven compared to that shite hole. Honestly - Hull, Middlesbrough and Stoke - I'd rather sleep in the sewer

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
They do deserve some sympathy though coming from the only place less desirable than Stoke
Oh I dunno, ever been to Haringey ? They burnt it down and it looked better afterwards.

Most depressing place in the UK is Newport.
Newport is like heaven compared to that shite hole. Honestly - Hull, Middlesbrough and Stoke - I'd rather sleep in the sewer
Lots of places that are worse, parts of Newcastle heading out of town the estates are seriously scarey and even the terraced housing their looked like they needed refurbing 50yrs ago. Stayed in a B&B around there when we had the Carling cup tie 3yrs back. Walking back at night felt well dodgy.

Agree though Haringey is a sh*t hole :oops:

manninger

Post by manninger »

jack and Rambo is on 4 yellow cards, so next time it is one game suspension...give them a rest...just a win. Don't care how much...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dan_85 wrote:No resting players ffs. We're trying to win the league. You can take players off mid-way through the second half if we've built a commanding lead...
Yup! any sensible person might well adopt that approach and tactics...but we are talking Arsene - 70 minutes time to make a substitution - Wenger here!

They will be bouyant after their win over the dippers today and will organise to defend so expect lots of tippy tappy around the edge of the box for 70 miuntes or so - 80 - 90% possession..then Rambo will power one in.....then Santi will do a bit of magic then Ozil will defy gravity with a bendy bendy chip...

and hey presto! :barscarf:

i hope :?

GoonerN5

Post by GoonerN5 »

They are shit and we should do them easy but that 2-1 win of theirs a few years ago still brings back bad memories, not as easy as some people think!

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Hull will be extra confident after beating Liverpool so comprehensively.

Anyhow I was sent a paper ticket and paid a booking fee for this one, as booked outside of the official membership window or something. Do I still need to take my membership card to the game? cheers

Midz

Post by Midz »

They'll definitely have their tails up after the Liverpool win. We should field a strong team and try to build a lead. he can then take off anyone he wishes to rest, but NOT until then.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Sam59 wrote:Anyhow I was sent a paper ticket and paid a booking fee for this one, as booked outside of the official membership window or something. Do I still need to take my membership card to the game? cheers
No.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Midz wrote:They'll definitely have their tails up after the Liverpool win. We should field a strong team and try to build a lead. he can then take off anyone he wishes to rest, but NOT until then.
Agree! The prospect of three points from this match is equally important as from Citeh and Chavs match, so no need to get too cautious. Let's put strong starting XI and try to kill the game during first half. Then some changes to rest some of the players.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Wenger is talking about resting players I see :roll:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

As many will know Hull is to be the next "City of culture" in a few years time

Had a mate who went to the mousers match yesterday, the home fans were chanting at the Mousers "you are only here for the culture" :lol: :lol:

As will all citys there are parts that are nice, and parts are proper shite. The centre in parts of Hull are pretty good, home of the anti slavery man Sir william Wilberforce, white phone boxes, and you can snap up a terrace for £20,000 still :shock:

Love the transporter bridges at Newport and Middlesborough but would opt for Newport being the shitist of all.

Here endeth the cultural lesson. Hope we stuff them, but theres no time for complacency is there.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Dan_85 wrote:Wenger is talking about resting players I see :roll:

Oh FFS!!! Somebody give him a slap, please!

markyp

Post by markyp »

manninger wrote:jack and Rambo is on 4 yellow cards, so next time it is one game suspension...give them a rest...just a win. Don't care how much...
we should play them and tell them to get cards so that they are available for the big tests of city and chavski not that everton aren't a test,we need them with clean slates asap

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

Dan_85 wrote:
Sam59 wrote:Anyhow I was sent a paper ticket and paid a booking fee for this one, as booked outside of the official membership window or something. Do I still need to take my membership card to the game? cheers
No.
thanks.

I'll not be surprised to see Ramsey rested, maybe even Ozil too. I will be surprised if Giroud gets a rest. Wondering if he'll risk Vermaelen too.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Dan_85 wrote:Wenger is talking about resting players I see :roll:
It's normal to rotate. Every club does it.

If he makes wholesale changes then ok, be critical (I'll be at the front of the queue), but if he makes the odd change because a couple of players could do with a rest before our VERY difficult 3 weeks ahead, then it's understandable.

That said, owing to Wenger's ridiculous decision not to bring in a striker, we simply cannot rest Giroud without seriously disrupting the team. Bonkers.