Anyone's missus had a hysterectomy

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Anyone's missus had a hysterectomy

Post by StuartL »

Lefty mate, all the best to your lovely Mrs (someone must have a good un :lol: )

Hope all goes well.

Don't do too good a job at the ironing / hovering pal or you will find yourself with jobs for life - just make out how incompetent you are (I am sure you will manage that :wink: )

Fingers crossed for you both.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Thanks Top Londoner, Reb and StuartL, she came home today, 2 days later than expected but tbf she looked awful thursday and friday (they don't allow make-up in hospital :shock: , only kidding :D ) and we have had visitors all day but she is in good spirits and I am now officially a slave :| :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

How's things going Lefty?

LeftfootlegendGooner

flash gunner wrote:How's things going Lefty?
Thanks for asking mate but if I told you, you might want t avoid me in case you think I am hexed :shock:

My missus rang the doctors this morning (where she had the op) and told them she was still feeling pretty shit and in a lot of pain, they asked her about the dosage of HRT she was on, well she isn't on any HRT because she rang our local clinic and obviously they know what op she has just had but could not book he in to see the doctor for 2 weeks.

So we naturally assumed it was no rush, but the doctors gone fuckin ballistic, rang our local clinic up and got her in at 9:30 this morning, so I've stopped work, and she is just getting ready and in tears, the doc said that our clinic should know that Toni should be on HRT NOW.

Gotta shoot.

Cheers

LeftfootlegendGooner

Update, back now, the missus got a 3 month supply of HRT, apparently it may take a while to get the right dosage that suits her but it's a start.

The doc was great and his missus has been through it and had the same surgeon and he was full of positives and said in a few days my missus would be running around a leaping about like a youngun, hope so this housework lark is tiring :lol:

The doc did say that the lack of HRT was the reason she was sweating hot and cold all night, he said that the doctors at the hospital where she had the op should have given her the HRT treatment, so all in all they're blaming each other.

Doesn't matter who is at fault as long as she is ok now, that's what counts.

There was a bonus, at the chemists picking up the prescription they sold Mr tom peanut bars, haven't had one of those for years, me and the missus just had one each with tha cup of tea, it's the small things that can cheer you up * :wink: :lol:

* Waiting for the onslaught, I brought it on myself :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Glad to hear she's doing better, Lefty. 8)

You'll never know how difficult it was to post that without also ripping the piss, mate! Especially after you had basically loaded the gun yourself! :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:Glad to hear she's doing better, Lefty. 8)

You'll never know how difficult it was to post that without also ripping the piss, mate! Especially after you had basically loaded the gun yourself! :lol: :wink:

Cheers and cheers mate, I feel honoured :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Stay with it Lefty.
I just caanted off DB10 on the other thread. :D

Best wishes

TL

:lol:

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

My old dear had it years ago (don't remember much) and she wasn't that old, below 40 definitely. My missus's Mum had it done just last year and she is fine now. Was under much different circumstances operation wise (was emergency surgery and the idiots managed to puncture her bowel while doing it), but in terms of the recovery she is fine. Gets the occasional hot flush now and again but apart from that she's doing well.

Pain in the arse putting a face on things but just know it's not forever, bit late for valentine's this year but you can always get her a brand new Vileda for her birthday :barscarf:

All the best Lefty

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Top Londoner wrote:Stay with it Lefty.
I just caanted off DB10 on the other thread. :D

Best wishes

TL

:lol:
Most considerate. Thank you, TL. :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

As usual many thanks TL 8)

Thanks too skizz :barscarf:

The op is a lot better now than it was even 5 years ago but as there were complications it has taken its toll on her and it is also very emotional for a women not to mention the hormone loss.

As a man I can never truly grasp it but something tells me I am slowly going to be a more informed individual :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Pleased to hear your wifes ok lefty :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:Pleased to hear your wifes ok lefty :barscarf:
Hear, hear.....very best wishes Lefty.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Flash and Stuart thanks guys, she is slowly feeling better although this morning was a set back and she said because she was rushed to get to the doctors she felt she had strained herself and was in pain.

On a plus side I have learned to cook, iron and Hoover in 5 days :barscarf: :lol:

Lazymedia

Post by Lazymedia »

My Mrs had hers over twenty years ago. Her advice is to visit 'hystersisters' website. Very helpful forum. And keep enough HRT so your Mrs never runs out. My Mrs has done that, and got too hot and very itchy, drove her up the wall.