Membership Renewal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunnersaurus

Re: Membership Renewal

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Robin_L wrote:when's the deadline for season ticket renewal this year?

I just read the story about us signing Kante so it must be soon.
June 1st.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Watch those renewal prices, particularly if you have TX money going back on your renewal. Fuckers have short changed me a few quid, plus added Watford which i am sure i opted out of. :censored:

silus

Post by silus »

I've just told the bloke I rent a st off that I don't want it next season..so he's not renewing it.
I'll keep my red membership and go to a few games that I fancy. No more swapping shifts or taking annual leave for matches. No more midweek getting home at ridiculous times in the morning, no more getting up at stupid times for poxy midday kick offs.
Mixed feelings at the moment. I'm sure when the next seasons fixtures are announced I'll be desperately trying to get a ticket for the first game of the season. Although I'm gutted about giving up something that's a massive part of my life...I have to say (at the moment) it feels like a bit of a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Welcome to the 'light' side mate! You'll find that you feel SO much better once groundhog day kicks in next season believe me!! :high5:

Clash

Post by Clash »

wilko49er wrote:Watch those renewal prices, particularly if you have TX money going back on your renewal. Fuckers have short changed me a few quid, plus added Watford which i am sure i opted out of. :censored:
I have a mate who sold pretty much all the games this season on TX and he thinks he has been charged a lot more than he was expecting for a renewal.

My last season as a ST holder they had a 'coming soon' message which said the money from TX sales would go straight into your bank account. Then it disappeared. They obviously decided against implementing this and preferred to keep the money until the end of the season :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

russ99 wrote:Got my Red membership renewal e-mail today.

Since i'm an overseas fan and don't go to matches, there's zero reason to renew considering the lack of any ambition shown by the club.

Stuff it, Stan...
Agreed, but rather than simply Not renewing it, you need to return said communication to the club and say why?

Keep it non-abusive but to the point even list (bullet-point) style all the failings of wenger, players, physio, Board, Owner etc....it may take some time, but if enough people do it....it will just move closer to the total mass flip! that must come eventually... :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Well done, mate. I think that's a good choice and you're right.
I concur 8) I gave up my reds in 2012 and will not renew until le bumhole fucks off.
:high5: :barscarf:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Stopped going regularly a few years ago as I was working most weekends and the changing of KO times etc it became almost impossible for me my mate kept my silver membership going and still got to several games a season.Missed meeting up with mates I only ever saw at The Arsenal.

Have felt very disconnected from the club I followed home and away through my teens and twenties 80's and 90's I kept going several times a season but coinciding with the move to the bowl found myself going less and less.The last game I went to was Southampton November 2013 and that was to meet up with some Gooner mates for a reunion for someone that had come from overseas.

This was the last season I could of gone to watch us as I am living abroad now just couldn't bring myself to go over there,middle aged now and honestly don't miss it this regime has made a lot of fans older and younger than me feel the same.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Was lucky enough to have a ST from the age of 6 and witnessed some of the best moments of my life watching Arsenal. Has formed a massive part of my relationship with my dad and brother and many close friends - but that rather than the football is thre only thing I've enjoyed about going for years now if I'm being honest.

Let my dad badger me into going to Old Trafford on the supporters bus from South Wales. Absolutely humiliating performance against a dreadful side with so much at stake - and for all their selfies and proclamations of mental strength etc not one of the fuckers had the stones to acknowledge the travelling fans afterwards.

There's so many better ways to piss away 15 hours on a Sunday and that day was the watershed moment for me in that I won't be going again whilst Wenger is there. Have refused to go to subsequent games despite being in London and having a free ticket and have no inclination to go to any games next season, particularly given that our annual trip to Villa which we've done every year for the last two decades plus to meet a good family friend who is a ST holder there has been crushed.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Clash wrote:
wilko49er wrote:Watch those renewal prices, particularly if you have TX money going back on your renewal. Fuckers have short changed me a few quid, plus added Watford which i am sure i opted out of. :censored:
I have a mate who sold pretty much all the games this season on TX and he thinks he has been charged a lot more than he was expecting for a renewal.

My last season as a ST holder they had a 'coming soon' message which said the money from TX sales would go straight into your bank account. Then it disappeared. They obviously decided against implementing this and preferred to keep the money until the end of the season :roll:
Im the same sold a lot of games (18) on TX, normally the money just accumulates and the balance is kffered up as the renewal price at the end of the season. I have never recieved any message, offering to return funds earlier, or during the season. Luckily i keep a running total in a diary, so i know i have been short changed. Its easy to check on account history, tx sales. So i know they owe me a small amount. Im annoyed about the watford cup tie, sure i opted out but i dont have a recored of it. Will call them next week, and decide if i take £948 and run or pay a further £540ish and renew.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

2016/17 Season Ticket
Season tickets include admission to all 19 home Premier League matches and the first seven home cup matches in European competitions and the FA Cup, subject to match categorisation. More information on how the season ticket is calculated can be found here.

The 7 cup matches breaks my heart. The CL are midweek which are hard to get too or offload coz apart from Red Member who wants to go see the same shit different season. Don't mind the FA Cup but don't like the replays at short notice and it would be nice to have the option to opt in instead of being forced to go or waste a match.

I hate that they are also too presumptuous ie thinking we will get 7 - although normally we have the CL qualifier then the 3 holy grail followed by the last 16 bumholing and there u have 5 of the most predictive, boring, repetitive, meaningless matches that I don't want to pay for that u will ever have.

They don't bother making it 8 or 9 "cup credits" coz that's when it does start getting interesting and people will want to attend and the games will be actually sold out as opposed to being technically sold out.

Also hate that they want the cash by 1st June to just put it there sitting with the rest of it :evil: (The finance option is only available to UK residents)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Peeman wrote:2016/17 Season Ticket
Season tickets include admission to all 19 home Premier League matches and the first seven home cup matches in European competitions and the FA Cup, subject to match categorisation. More information on how the season ticket is calculated can be found here.

The 7 cup matches breaks my heart. The CL are midweek which are hard to get too or offload coz apart from Red Member who wants to go see the same shit different season. Don't mind the FA Cup but don't like the replays at short notice and it would be nice to have the option to opt in instead of being forced to go or waste a match.

I hate that they are also too presumptuous ie thinking we will get 7 - although normally we have the CL qualifier then the 3 holy grail followed by the last 16 bumholing and there u have 5 of the most predictive, boring, repetitive, meaningless matches that I don't want to pay for that u will ever have.

They don't bother making it 8 or 9 "cup credits" coz that's when it does start getting interesting and people will want to attend and the games will be actually sold out as opposed to being technically sold out.

Also hate that they want the cash by 1st June to just put it there sitting with the rest of it :evil: (The finance option is only available to UK residents)
I think I am right that we are one of the only clubs that's includes cup matches on the season ticket (which is also why we come out bad in comparison to other clubs prices)
A season ticket for league matches only is easily viable but doesnot fit with the club's money grabbing whoreing ways does it ?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Would be great if the club were to look at the cup ties on the season ticket in future. Unless we've already gotten to a stage where the club hads weeded out all of the undersirables, and thus it doesn't matter.

:|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

if you take out the cup games then Arsenal might get back some of the "proper supporters"

that is not desired however by the club.

augie

Post by augie »

Peeman wrote:2016/17 Season Ticket

When I got the phone call from the box office trying to persuade me to take up the offer of a season ticket this summer, the guy def told me that I had the option of going through finance which should make it easier for me - now unless the guy got his info wrong, it does seem that the finance option is no longer just available to uk residents