The KLEENEX "I'm Not Watching!" Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: The KLEENEX "I'm Not Watching!" Thread (NSFW)

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'll be on holiday when the first game is played - Normally if such a thing were to happen (only once in the past when it was unavoidable) I would make sure I could find a bar or somewhere to watch the game...Not now....I may think about the game but I will make sure I do something else....It will probably feel like some kind of Cold Turkey / Addiction Withdrawal, But I am no longer willing to spend my time and energy fretting and getting all worked up about a team that used to be My Team....It feels gut wrenching...and maybe I'll bottle it on hols and end up finding somewhere...I hope not - Because I feel like no matter what I do the club don't give a shyte and sure as hell wenger the arrogant, delusional, contemptible cun.t won't.

Depressing ain't the fuckking word. :cry:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

In addition to missing the red dippers on 14aug I'm going to a gig the sat after so will miss us getting poked up the fartpipe at Leicester 8) :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

corkbarry wrote:I usually record the game,after 15 minutes check the score on BBC and then start watching it checking every 15 minutes. No heart attacks :D

You heard correct my good friend :lol:

I must own up to clicking on what I thought was a play button down the bottom right of your pic Baz, I thought by doing that her bazookas would pop out, but alas, nothing :cry:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I managed to sell my season tickets in a way that I can still accsess them when I want to but im almost done after 40 something years of following the Arsenal.
Last Year I only attended 8 home games my lowest ever when Ive lived in the UK ,of which I enjoyed 3 or 4 but I switched off in
late feb untill the last game which was a huge laugh.
I have a small lad who is ASD and I prefer to spend my time with him at weekends to the extent I didnt even listen or watch on my PC such is the
apathy I have towards something I used to be passionate about .
No tears ,thats just the way it is my boys lucky ,he has no concept of what Arsenal are ..........mind you neither do I nowadays !

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:I'll be on holiday when the first game is played - Normally if such a thing were to happen (only once in the past when it was unavoidable) I would make sure I could find a bar or somewhere to watch the game...Not now....I may think about the game but I will make sure I do something else....It will probably feel like some kind of Cold Turkey / Addiction Withdrawal, But I am no longer willing to spend my time and energy fretting and getting all worked up about a team that used to be My Team....It feels gut wrenching...and maybe I'll bottle it on hols and end up finding somewhere...I hope not - Because I feel like no matter what I do the club don't give a shyte and sure as hell wenger the arrogant, delusional, contemptible cun.t won't.

Depressing ain't the fuckking word. :cry:

Way back when I started going on my sun holidays first, I used to enjoy finding a local pub showing English matches and the craic used to be great. Back then the AFC were not a great team either, but we still enjoyed watching both our own games and whatever other games were showing. Of course as time went by sky started showing way too many games and that, allied to the fact that we are in deja vu mode, has sucked the will to watch these games on tv :roll: If our game was the early Saturday game this season, then there is no way that I would leave the pool to watch it, but cos it is the evening game I might have had my fill of the sun by then (spain are an hour ahead), so I might watch it either in the pub or on my ipad back in the apartment. I know for certain that watching that or any other game no longer is a priority for me when I'm on hols

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Has anyone become interested in other sports as a result of their apathy for what used to be the Arsenal? In the last couple of years I have become an avid follower of the NFL (Seahawks!) and only this summer I have started following MLB. I never thought years ago these sports would be remotely interesting and I appreciate they are not everyone's cup of tea, but such was/is my disappointment in he way the club is run now I invest myself in other things.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Kvltman wrote:Has anyone become interested in other sports as a result of their apathy for what used to be the Arsenal? In the last couple of years I have become an avid follower of the NFL (Seahawks!) and only this summer I have started following MLB. I never thought years ago these sports would be remotely interesting and I appreciate they are not everyone's cup of tea, but such was/is my disappointment in he way the club is run now I invest myself in other things.
I followed Formula One from 2002-08, until that tosser Hamilton showed up and ruined it. I hear he's an even bigger tosser now. I can't watch him win races week after week, It was bad enough with Schumacher. I enjoy the history of F1 though, as well as the video games back in the day.

Other than that, I can't say I'm really into any other sports, which means I can only watch the malaise at the Arsenal :(

augie

Post by augie »

Kvltman wrote:Has anyone become interested in other sports as a result of their apathy for what used to be the Arsenal? In the last couple of years I have become an avid follower of the NFL (Seahawks!) and only this summer I have started following MLB. I never thought years ago these sports would be remotely interesting and I appreciate they are not everyone's cup of tea, but such was/is my disappointment in he way the club is run now I invest myself in other things.

NFL baby :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Living at the other end of the planet I still get to watch my local side in the A-league. Problem is we never seem to improve our squad and watch the transfer windows with jealousy as the likes of Melbourne Victory and Sydney FC spend up big - reminds me of another team....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Booked a week in the States which means I will be flying while we're losing at Leicester, will be away for the closing of the transfer window (thank fuck) and so jet lagged when I get back that I'll naturally already be asleep by the time Ingerlund play their first qualifying match.......so that's WIN WIN WIN I think

Just need to put together a list of chores for the 14th August now and that's the first few weeks of the season avoided

Herd

Post by Herd »

Im going to book a holiday at the weekend and be gone from the 13th for 2/3 weeks I have no idea where im going to take the missus herd and lttle herd but its been many years since we had a european holiday .
I want to go somehwere without Internet so a remote Greek island with a speedboat and supplies are looking the best option !

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Just as an interest had a look at the ticket site, for the Liverpool game there are a couple of seats going in the upper level, almost centre blocks for an eye watering £127.00. In respect of how our club traditionally do business I have made them an offer of £80.00 by email, Just waiting for the reply

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Just as an interest had a look at the ticket site, for the Liverpool game there are a couple of seats going in the upper level, almost centre blocks for an eye watering £127.00. In respect of how our club traditionally do business I have made them an offer of £80.00 by email, Just waiting for the reply
:lol: :lol:

BOOOOOOOOM :barscarf:

Dizzying prices if I may say so myself.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

foxinthebox2001 wrote:Just as an interest had a look at the ticket site, for the Liverpool game there are a couple of seats going in the upper level, almost centre blocks for an eye watering £127.00. In respect of how our club traditionally do business I have made them an offer of £80.00 by email, Just waiting for the reply

In the true spirit of the club I will now email them and offer £80 + £1 for those same tickets. 8)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:

In the true spirit of the club I will now email them and offer £80 + £1 for those same tickets. 8)
:lol:

I'm going to offer 140 for the ticket, not use it and keep it in a sealed bag for 10 years.

Then sell it to Palace :roll: :barscarf: