Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Sutton United (A) | FA Cup R5 | Mon 20 Feb 19:55 | BBC1

Post by DB10GOONER »

This is gonna be the worst arse-smashing since the little closet-gay public schoolboy that invented rubgy union went in the showers after he had picked up that ball... :lol: :wink:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

To prove that Wenger has the luck of the Devil - there could not be a better game than this to get everybody back on his side.

* Live TV
* Big Audience
* Part time players that will bust a gut but won't be anywhere near good enough
* Studio full of sycophantic pundits saying things like "Arsene really showed everyone tonight"
* One game will undo all of the shite swirling around this morning

It's reaching the point where I am beginning to despise the Club that I have loved all of my life. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

For me its a no win situation for He who has earned the right to decide when to leave.

If he wins - It was only Sutton
If he draws - Its squirm central from the get go :barscarf:
If he loses - Its P45 time :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:To prove that Wenger has the luck of the Devil - there could not be a better game than this to get everybody back on his side.

* Live TV
* Big Audience
* Part time players that will bust a gut but won't be anywhere near good enough
* Studio full of sycophantic pundits saying things like "Arsene really showed everyone tonight"
* One game will undo all of the shite swirling around this morning

It's reaching the point where I am beginning to despise the Club that I have loved all of my life. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.
100% agreed mate. It's depressing. I've never felt so disconnected from something I've spent my entire life loving. It doesn't even feel like Arsenal anymore. And I too am slowly sliding from being demotivated and disconnected to being spiteful and hateful towards the club. It's surreal. It's almost like an out of body experience. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Peeman wrote:For me its a no win situation for He who has earned the right to decide when to leave.

If he wins - It was only Sutton
If he draws - Its squirm central from the get go :barscarf:
If he loses - Its P45 time :barscarf:
In reality;

If he wins - Keown and Cross back onside with "Only Wenger could have turned it round after the Bayern defeat"
If he draws - highly highly unlikely, but if it happened, we would then destroy them at The Conglomerates
If he loses - Seriously? Won't happen even if he puts out the schoolboy team. :lol:

silus

Post by silus »

Love the cup and want us to win it...but that might add weight to the new contract option.
So really should want us to lose...but I can never want us to lose.
Don't want us to suffer the humiliation of losing to non league pub side...so want us to win.
But if we have to get knocked out to stop the new contract option....then I'd rather lose to them, then vermin, chavs, mancs etc.

So I want us to errr...win or lose...oh I don't fucking know.

All I want out of this season is wenger to fuck off and my Arsenal back.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

silus wrote:Love the cup and want us to win it...but that might add weight to the new contract option.
So really should want us to lose...but I can never want us to lose.
Don't want us to suffer the humiliation of losing to non league pub side...so want us to win.
But if we have to get knocked out to stop the new contract option....then I'd rather lose to them, then vermin, chavs, mancs etc.

So I want us to errr...win or lose...oh I don't fucking know.

All I want out of this season is wenger to fuck off and my Arsenal back.
:lol: :lol:

I feel your pain, mate. I cannot bring myself to want us to lose any game ever.

But also it would take one hell of a prolonged losing streak to impact Wiggy's insular little world of sports franchise mediocrity to the extent that he'd sack Wenger... and an unimaginable losing streak for it to impact Wengerland to the extent that Wenger no longer believed he is Jesus Christ Incarnate and walk away... :|

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

DB10GOONER wrote:We will humiliate them 6-0 and thus start our little run of flat track bully results that will bring Martin Keown and John Cross back into the Wenger fold with statements like "who else could have lifted Arsenal up after the Bayern result?" and "Careful what you wish for you ungrateful cúnts" and "Wenger has earned the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:suicide:

Not this time there won't be. After smashing Sutton, we start March away to Liverpool , followed by Munich at home and then a Tony Pulis WBA away. Does anyone seriously see wins in any of those games?
Go into April with City and then Boro and Spurs away and tell me any different.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:We will humiliate them 6-0 and thus start our little run of flat track bully results that will bring Martin Keown and John Cross back into the Wenger fold with statements like "who else could have lifted Arsenal up after the Bayern result?" and "Careful what you wish for you ungrateful cúnts" and "Wenger has earned the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not this time there won't be. After smashing Sutton, we start March away to Liverpool , followed by Munich at home and then a Tony Pulis WBA away. Does anyone seriously see wins in any of those games?
Sutton - 0-6 win.
Liverpool are as inconsistent as we are - winnable.
Bayern will put out their reserves and we will get either a draw or a "moral victory" 2-1 at home,
WBA - see Liverpool.

April;
Citeh - again inconsistent and beatable.
Boro - relegation fodder.
Scum away - can't see us win there tbh, still a possible draw as many NLD's are.

You forget he only needs 3 or 4 results somewhere in there and the media are calling WOB Gooners ungrateful bastards again and the AKB's are saying "told you so" again. Where you been for the last decade? :roll:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

We will get through but can't see anyway we will win the cup tbh the team looks all over the place against anyone half decent.

The q/f will probably be as far as we go draw permitting Utd,Chelsea or City away or home and that should be game over.

If we finish top 4 which to me is looking doubtful,the bookies have as us coming 6th in the betting,it shouldn't make any difference last night was the final straw for many fence sitters,long overdue time for a change.

Be careful what you wish for is something we have had thrown at us WOB's for years.Nothing stays the same forever even for a manager who has stayed on far too long,change is coming the man should think about his health.If he loves the club as much as he says he does it is a no-brainer call.

If we have to go backwards to come forwards to be competitive again so be it anyone that still backs the manager does so without looking at the big picture which is what is best for the club,fresh ideas and change.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Fake pitch plus smattering of ex-Arsenal (Craig Shitbag, Deacon...) means Wenker has got this failure well covered already. :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:

Sutton - 0-6 win. Agree
Liverpool are as inconsistent as we are - winnable - Winnable?? Our last win at Anfield was 5 years ago. LOSE
Bayern will put out their reserves and we will get either a draw or a "moral victory" 2-1 at home, LOSE - Reserves or not they will turn us over
WBA - see Liverpool.
Wenger beat a Tony Pulis team away from home?? :roll:

April;
Citeh - again inconsistent and beatable. DRAW
Boro - relegation fodder. and desperate for a win - Draw
Scum away - can't see us win there tbh, still a possible draw as many NLD's are. Hate to say it but they are on the up and better than us LOSE

You forget he only needs 3 or 4 results somewhere in there and the media are calling WOB Gooners ungrateful bastards again and the AKB's are saying "told you so" again. Where you been for the last decade? :roll:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Midz wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Plastic pitch, biggest game of their lives, live TV, facing pampered millionaires who live in a bubble... What have Sutton got to lose ? Think Arsenal will win, but there is always a but with Arsenal.
Don't think anyone could've put it better :barscarf:
Could win 8-0 or lose 1-0,imagine it at 0-0 with 5 to go......what could possibly go wrong,

Think its safe to say it would be the biggest cup upset EVER wouldnt it? good old Arsene..... :cussing:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Gunner Rob wrote:I'm there :barscarf:

I have a ticket for the home end :barscarf: :oops:

I will be standing right behind Wenger in the dug out giving him abuse all night 8)
Top man, make it loud and proud.

"Its happened again, its happened again, out before Easter, its happened again"

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

something that has not been said yet, and i can't think why

ummm

they're shite

we're shite

the game will no doubt will a pile of fucking shite :barscarf:

8)