West Ham -HOME - Sat. Aug 25th 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: West Ham -HOME - Sat. Aug 25th 3PM

Post by rodders999 »

My wish list -

Leno in goal, Lichtsteiner at RB, Holding at CB and Torreira in the middle.

Out drops the dross - Cech, Bellerin, Mustafi and Xhaka.

Don't expect that obviously but if even two of those 4 are dropped I'll consider it progress.

I'm going backing a home win with us scoring over 2.5 goals and Aubameyang anytime goal scorer - absolute BANKER.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 am
My wish list -

Don't expect that obviously but if even two of those 4 are dropped I'll consider it progress.

I'm going backing a home win with us scoring over 2.5 goals and Aubameyang anytime goal scorer - absolute BANKER.
You meant BANTER, right?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Live on Sky -Republic of Ireland only.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:02 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:11 am
My wish list -

You meant BANTER, right?
The Banter Era is over.......................(allegedly).

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Happy days (as long as neither of my kids have a game themselves) :barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:18 am
I dont like to say this after just 2 games, but it is already a must win game - it is absolutely ridiculous that we all view it that way cos everyone said in the summer that emery wont be a quick fix, but it seems that now that the season has started people's expectations/demands have changed :roll: Personally the first 2 results went the way I expected them to so I am not unduly worried about them - tbh if anything I am actually encouraged by the attitude for most of the chav game, plus emery's willingness to drop the likes of ramsey and ozil has really, really pleased me 8) I do wonder if xhaka and cech were not in the starting line 11 for the first 2 games, would fans be more relaxed about those 2 defeats :rubchin:
yep. the anti Arsenal press, scumbag pundits and AKB's are putting the pressure on despite our previous track records against the entire top six under the ex-manager.

for me, its a must win solely because we need to kick on and start picking up points, nothing more.

I understand giving these very expensive, previously high performing ( not under the ex-manager) players a second chance to succeed or fail. many don't seem to. Xhaka for example had a couple of good games for the Swiss...

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:37 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:30 pm

Happy days (as long as neither of my kids have a game themselves) :barscarf: :barscarf:
If they don't take them to the Emirates, they might get a game there.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

absolutely agree with the sentiment that this needs to be a win. don't win this and the usual suspects that preached loyalty to closeau will be sharpening their pitchforks and calling him a fraud. cardiff away as well next week and i'l be worried if we don't get 6 points from those games, these should be our bread and butter and if we don't win them then things may turn very sour indeed

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

rumours are that Bellerin got dropped to the bench in favour of lichsteiner, but Ramsay back in & Xhaka dropped.

I'm nervous about this one. we need to start the game brightly and put one in early doors.

M-50

Post by M-50 »

Emery doesn’t have good record against Pellegrini

In 12 games, he has won 3 lost 6

Last home game against the Hammers towards end of last season was touch and go until late in game

We should be too strong but that manager v manager form is concerning

augie

Post by augie »

Didnt know what thread to put this in, so I put it in the most recent one -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7083935/ ... i-arsenal/

Very interesting to see who is the 3rd fastest player in the squad - most of us had him pegged as pedestrian :shock: :shock: :shock:

General

Post by General »

M-50 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:48 pm
Emery doesn’t have good record against Pellegrini

In 12 games, he has won 3 lost 6

Last home game against the Hammers towards end of last season was touch and go until late in game

We should be too strong but that manager v manager form is concerning
These managerial records are as useful as a chocolate teapot. It's a new league and both managers are at different clubs, previous records against each other are irrelevant.
Bound to be a nervy open game but we should come out on top.

General

Post by General »

clockender1 wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:01 pm
rumours are that Bellerin got dropped to the bench in favour of lichsteiner, but Ramsay back in & Xhaka dropped.

I'm nervous about this one. we need to start the game brightly and put one in early doors.
Hopefully Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin are ditched.
Xhaka's lack of awareness without the ball is frightening. He wrecks the the balance and he'd be decent if he had the pace and anticipation to compensate. It's free for all in the middle of the park when we come under attack.

augie

Post by augie »

If we are to believe that torreira's game is all about getting after opposition players and biting at their feet, and we already know that guendozi is all about energy and chasing down and pressing the opposition, then who is going to sit in front of a suspect back 4 ? The balance in our team just does not seem right when we play 4-2-1-3, and especially if ramsey is one of the midfield 2, and if mikki is one of the wings

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:56 am
If we are to believe that torreira's game is all about getting after opposition players and biting at their feet, and we already know that guendozi is all about energy and chasing down and pressing the opposition, then who is going to sit in front of a suspect back 4 ? The balance in our team just does not seem right when we play 4-2-1-3, and especially if ramsey is one of the midfield 2, and if mikki is one of the wings
Guendozi covered the back four sometimes - he sat in both RB and LB positions at times when we had the ball against Chelsea. once we lost the ball he covered until the RB or LB was back and then he moved forward to harry.

analysts say that we covered more km in our games than anything PL team - 233KM on average.